Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

remove permanent marker from bumper

Options
  • 30-06-2006 1:55pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭

One of the kids in the estate seem to have used a permanent marker on my rear bumper. Just the one mark around six inches long. Any ideas how to remove, i've tried fairy liquid, not working

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

kikel wrote:
    One of the kids in the estate seem to have used a permanent marker on my rear bumper. Just the one mark around six inches long. Any ideas how to remove, i've tried fairy liquid, not working

A swift kick up the arse ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

Providing the bumper hasn't been repainted at some stage, try petrol or paint thinner.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

Try putting non-permanent marker (board marker etc) over it. Not sure why but it usually works but may not now after the fairy liquid on it. Just scribble over it and wipe with a dry cloth til it comes off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭gstonesmx5

sounds strange but it works (ive had to do it) use linx beo spray or similar but anti-persperant and bingo off it comes. the strong acl content weakens the ink and you can wipe it off.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

gstonesmx5 wrote:
    sounds strange but it works (ive had to do it) use linx beo spray or similar but anti-persperant and bingo off it comes. the strong acl content weakens the ink and you can wipe it off.

Didn't have any petrol or paint thinner as junkyard suggested. So went with gstonesmx5 idea. Worked a treat. the minute you put lynx on it it starts to desolve. Word of warning though. Make sure ya got a cloth to wipe it off ASAP. i'd to run in side and get a cloth. By the time i came out it was starting to set. The second time using it required a lot of elbow grease.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭conor_mc

T-Cut would probably have done the job too.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

you have to use some sort of alcohol to dissolve the marker, tar and glue remover is best.

Advertisement