Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

going grey... not sure anymore

• 30-06-2006 1:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭

I'm 35 and I'm going grey. At this point in time I have a fair number of visible grey hairs, but my hair is still primarily its (first) natural colour.

Now I look younger than my age, and I was willing to just go grey naturally, thinking it would get me some more respect :D but the other day I looked in the mirror and wondered if it didn't make me look a bit ratty, esp. because the grey ones have a different texture. I'm female - I think if I was a guy I wouldn't give a hoot, but as I proceed into my thirties, I'm trying to have a somewhat polished look.

I've never dyed my hair before ever, so I'm not sure whether I want to or not, I'm still making up my mind. I have fairly long hair, so I don't want to open a can of worms by starting something complex - I'm assuming it would take a long time to grow out a mistake.

I wouldn't mind if I was half-and-half brunette & grey, it just occurred to me that with a sprinkling of grey, some standing on end near the part, it looks like I haven't looked in the mirror in a couple of years and simply haven't noticed yet. Whereas if I was entirely grey, or mostly grey, it would look more like a fashion statement.

hmmm.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 183 ✭✭giggles

If you're looking for a more polished look, I reckon you should go for it and dye your hair. I'd suggest going to the hairdressers rather than trying to do it yourself for the first time.

What they might suggest for you is to try a semi-permanent colour so even if you don't like it, it'll wash out over time. With a permanent colour, even though the colour will fade as you wash it, you would need to grow it out.

There's nothing really complex about it - you'll only need to get it done every now and again to touch up roots or brighten up the colour.

Hope that helps :)

Advertisement