Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Royal Canal Park Development

Options
  • 30-06-2006 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

mm

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

Take a look here

I'm of the opinion that most city centre apartment blocks are going to become ghettoes over the next 10/15 years, the lack of investment and increasing state of disrepair in any I've seen is shocking (even those built in the last 20 years).

Africans living in apartments? By god, that would never happen in my day. You should maybe try looking for an apartment block with progressive eugenic policies and you can wear your white sheets in peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭bazzajf

hmmm wrote:
    Take a look here

I'm of the opinion that most city centre apartment blocks are going to become ghettoes over the next 10/15 years, the lack of investment and increasing state of disrepair in any I've seen is shocking (even those built in the last 20 years).

Africans living in apartments? By god, that would never happen in my day. You should maybe try looking for an apartment block with progressive eugenic policies and you can wear your white sheets in peace.

I have read the link you provide already. I refer you back to my first paragraph. Don't have the audacity to accuse me of racism, albeit in a suttle fashion. Is that understood? I was merely reporting what was recounted to me and the subsequent effect the development of this aspect would have on the value of the development. Sarcasim is the lowest form of wit. Does anyone have something more constructive to proffer in relation to the issue?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Hmmm, wtf are you on about?

The OP asked a valid question and just looking for info.
    I'd be asking the same questions if I was in their situation.

I find this accomadation section very interesting to read but the forum doesn't need responses like that

bazzajf wrote:
    Don't have the audacity to accuse me of racism, albeit in a suttle fashion.
    Sorry, I may have been obtuse, your post was glaringly racist. If you're worried about whether you are going to have to live alongside blacks, Eastern Europeans, social welfare recipients and Chinese I'm afraid you will, welcome to Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Cantab.

hmmm wrote:
    Sorry, I may have been obtuse, your post was glaringly racist. If you're worried about whether you are going to have to live alongside blacks, Eastern Europeans, social welfare recipients and Chinese I'm afraid you will, welcome to Ireland.

I wouldn't live beside a halting site. And I certainly won't volunteer to be a guinea pig for the grand social experiment that is 'social homogenisation'.

The best way to keep the screaming kids, loud music, horses, joy-riders and unruly teenagers away is to live in an affluent area, where euro is king acts as a natural filter to keep out the social failures.

People fail to realise that giving in to poor-quality generic glasshouses, elaborate marketing-speak and fancy facades in the 'latest developments' located in awful areas is one step up the property ladder and ten steps down the social status ladder. Happy 35 years of polishing your bank's boots and lining your property management company's belly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

I know the area well - there are is a good mix of people there alright - but i could'nt speculate as to what their income/lack of is.
    As regards the local demographics - yeah, it's between Cabra and Finglas, so you're going to have a bit of dodgy driving from time to time!!
    Maybe look at the other factors such as price, rentability (if applicable), transport and closeness to town (if that's a factor), these all compare favourably to most any other developments I know, in fact it's probably amongst the best in terms of value in Dublin. (this was the last greenbelt within the M50 when planning permission was obtained in 1999).
    BTW, what garda would arrest someone for traffic offences - seems to me like McDowell has gone too far.
    Anyway you should check this out on www.askaboutmoney.com - there's piles on there about Rathborne/Earlswood and Royal Canal Park.

Cantab. wrote:
    I wouldn't live beside a halting site. And I certainly won't volunteer to be a guinea pig for the grand social experiment that is 'social homogenisation'.
    If the original poster would just have said "I want to live next to affluent white people and not alongside Africans (who all live 10 to a room), East Europeans (who are criminals) and social welfare recipients (who will turn the place into a ghetto)" instead of trying to disguise this with comments like "undesirable demographic profile" we'd all be much clearer.

Personally I think the OP should just take a stroll around the canal area in the late evening and answer his own questions, if he wants to live in Foxrock he should buy there. And as he pointed out himself he already read the askaboutmoney thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭bazzajf

hmmm wrote:
    If the original poster would just have said "I want to live next to affluent white people and not alongside Africans (who all live 10 to a room), East Europeans (who are criminals) and social welfare recipients (who will turn the place into a ghetto)" instead of trying to disguise this with comments like "undesirable demographic profile" we'd all be much clearer.

Personally I think the OP should just take a stroll around the canal area in the late evening and answer his own questions, if he wants to live in Foxrock he should buy there. And as he pointed out himself he already read the askaboutmoney thread.

Personally I think you should take a stroll to some other forum because you only serve to irritate and misrepresent on this one. By "undesirable profile", I meant in terms of value of the development should that trend continue and nothing personal, that is a reality, deal with it and spare me your empty-headed protestations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 pako

Relax Bazzajf, I've been living at Royal Canal Park for 5 months and have grown to love the place. It's just so calm and peaceful. No road or traffic noise, no noise from your neighbours, no noise of any kind - just sheer peaceful bliss. If you have difficulty believing me, just come up anytime in the evening or night and experience the tranquility for yourself - its wonderful. There are a few Eastern European couples living here and I assure you there are very decent people - just trying to earn a crust like ourselves although I do agree their driving skills could be better - just give them time to adapt to our driving conditions. So take my advice and sign on the dotted line now for your apartment because if you wait for the next phase to be released you will have to part with a substantially greater wedge of your greenbacks. The apartments themselves are very solidly built and are much larger than some of the other adjacent developments I checked out. The level of finishing is impressive and the fixtures, fittings and materials used are all of good quality. So what are you waiting for - take the plunge and 6 months from now you'll be patting yourself on the back and be feeling as smug as I do for buying at Royal Canal Park. Hope this is of some help to you.

Pako.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

The other thread covers all these issues.

• Advertisement
Advertisement