Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nokia N80 Live Problem

• 30-06-2006 2:32pm
    Subscribers Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭

Hi Everybody,

Just bought a Nokia N80 sim free, inserted all the settings and SMS MMS and and video calling is working. However when I try to get on live the text is coming up but no pictures so therefore no mobile TV has anybody got the N80 working on vodafone live.

Thanks,
    TCP/IP

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

just rang vodafone data support and they say the reason for the problem is that there server is not configured for this phone so will not send pics to it. And occording to them they are never releasing the phone so am I looking at having to send it back as it will never work.

Thanks
    TCP/IP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭elderlemon

Does the N80 had a media folder with the services browser in it? If so try Live using that browser instead. I have an E61 and get exactly the same result - however use the services browser and everything (including TV) works great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

I've a Nokia n90, same problem. Vodafone say they don't support the handset, so tough luck. All they need to do is tick a flag on their side to activate it, but they won't. Oh well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭damo86

Yeah i agree, vodafone is not releasing n80, was waiting for those..need a phone with wifi so I got a vodafone v1240..cracking phone but will do for a while cos I have me upgrade eligibilty waiting for the e70, its perfect, I'm a huge fan of symbian os so looking forward to coming back to that...anytime soon.
    Tcp/ip I suggest you wait for that or as I can see that you have money to burn so you can get it for around €500 sim free(cheaper than n80), only disadvantage is the lack of video call camera but quite frankly...who the f**k uses that!

Elderlemon it does have the services browser what url are you typing in to get to live

• Advertisement

Make sure you have the Voda live access point first. Then go to services, enter live.vodafone.com as the url and then choose the Live access point when it asks.

I'm afraid Vodafone are right. They only support the full Vodafone Live on handsets they sell, and even then it needs Vodafone firmware in most cases due to a modified user agent string.

There's nothing you can do. :(

Karsini wrote:
    I'm afraid Vodafone are right. They only support the full Vodafone Live on handsets they sell, and even then it needs Vodafone firmware in most cases due to a modified user agent string.

There's nothing you can do. :(

Nonsense. My last 3 phones have all been sim free, unbranded phones and all have worked perfectly on Live. The E61 I have now is not "supported" by Vodafone but it also works just great on Live.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Dellas

Hi I got a gift of a O2 UK N70 and changed the settings to VF Ireland. Everything worked except I have to go into menu and click web then type in vodafone live website and then it works fine. I have book marked it now so I just click and connect in. I couldnt get mobile TV or download anything but this uses realplayer so you have to ''Define access point'' go into settings in realplayer and select VF Live as access point. When I did this everything works fine.

elderlemon wrote:
    Nonsense. My last 3 phones have all been sim free, unbranded phones and all have worked perfectly on Live. The E61 I have now is not "supported" by Vodafone but it also works just great on Live.
    Including graphics or just the plain e-merge WAP?

• Advertisement

Thanks for the replies guys when i go into services and type in live.vodafone.com I can get into live but only txt and no pictures. Looks like the phone is going back today and might swap it for one of the N series phones that will work

Karsini wrote:
    Including graphics or just the plain e-merge WAP?

If I use the regular web client on the 61 I get unknown (or unsupported) device. If I use the services browser I get everything - graphics, tabs, tv etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

i had this exact problem with my v800 flashed to z800 software
    it wouldn't display any pictures - just the text

i got it flashed back and now it works correctly

unsupport handsets don't display correctly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭damo86

The reason that your e61 works is because its supported by vodafone,vodafone are releasing it pretty soon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭skearon

According to a list of PPMs I have there is no Vodafone Ireland PPM for the N80, there is a Vodafone UK one, V42, perhaps someone can trying flashing an N80 with V42 and then enter the Vodafone Ireland settings and see if this works?

Just flashed it with V42 PPM (Vodafone UK), set Vodafone Ireland APNs and still no proper Vodafone Live!

are you using 1) the Voda Live access point 2) the services browser?

elderlemon wrote:
    are you using 1) the Voda Live access point 2) the services browser?

Yes and yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

This post has been deleted.

video calls will work just not vodafone live

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭talla

NiSmO wrote:
    This post has been deleted.

Bought an N90 sim free myself 2 weeks ago. No vodafone live but all other 3g services work fine, i.e. video calls and data services.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 875 ✭✭✭theothernt

Hi,

I have a Nokia N80 and have a similar problem. It's basically due to your browser (in this case the Nokia N80's "services" browser) telling Vodafone what make/model your phone is. They then filter on this bases. If your phone make/model is supported you'll get the correct version of Vodafone Live!, if not you'll get the most basic version possible.

I was able to test the above when I put my USIM card back into my aging Nokia 6630 and Vodafone Live! worked fine - I saw all the image and correct 3G content.

- Neil

Advertisement