Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sourcing cat5e cable

Options
  • 30-06-2006 3:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭

Where can i get some cat5e cable at a good price?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Eurorunner wrote:
    Where can i get some cat5e cable at a good price?

In Dublin? All Cables on cork st.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

The are actually called One-Source now and they have moved from Cork st to a small industrial estate off the south circular rd.

Here is their new website.

http://www.one-source.ie/

There is also a guy on the for sale forum who makes and sells cables to size for fairly reasonable prices. Might be worth checking out. Cant think of his name off the top of my head but a good few people bought off him and they all seemed happy with the service.

Tox

• Registered Users Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭liamo

A little tip : I got some cheap cat5 cable a while back and it was a b*ast*rd making up cables. Spend the little extra to get the good stuff. It will save your sanity.

Regards,

Liam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

ToxicPaddy wrote:
    There is also a guy on the for sale forum who makes and sells cables to size for fairly reasonable prices. Might be worth checking out. Cant think of his name off the top of my head but a good few people bought off him and they all seemed happy with the service.

galwaydude18

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

www.connectix.ie - if you ring up sometime prices are less than on the web

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭TimTim

I've just bought 300m of CAT5e off Komplett for 70 euro. If making cables is your thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭JohnnieM

Company in Clane called Commsys do excellent cat 5 e also plugs etc patch cables at good price phone 086 2680777

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

Thanks for the info guys. Order placed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭serotonin_sam

Just checking out the 'one-source' website. Theres UTP and FTP. Is there really much of a difference in quality? If I'm running cable for a home network, is there any advantage using FTP over UTP?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

Just checking out the 'one-source' website. Theres UTP and FTP. Is there really much of a difference in quality? If I'm running cable for a home network, is there any advantage using FTP over UTP?
    Its not about quality. Its that FTP is screened with foil. I don't think you need that and besides you have to make sure each cable is grounded correctly if you use it. Its mainly used in the likes of factories where there is heavy machinary giving off high EMF.

• Advertisement
Advertisement