Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cheap .ie registration

Options
  • 30-06-2006 3:33pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭

guys,

who's the cheapest for registration of .ie names (dont need hosting) had a quick look around and personally think €70 (or even €94 from register.ie) is just plain taking the piss just to register the name

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭leftofcentre

I register one the other day with www.blacknight.ie for €45, I think they are the cheapest.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

seems alot more reasonable alright for ie domains , suppose i'll register with blacknight to point to hosting 365 :-0 LOL

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭comer_97

dont forget that if you buy with blackknight and want to transfer you are likely to have to pay for another year with the next host....

and you cant transfer the domain until blackknight have paid for it....

i learned through experience!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

You can register domains with us and host wherever you want ie. supply another company's nameservers

Transferring the domain means that we would no longer be the billing contact and the IEDR have changed the policy on that:

http://www.iedr.ie/NEWS/News-02May06.php

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

miju wrote:
    seems alot more reasonable alright for ie domains , suppose i'll register with blacknight to point to hosting 365 :-0 LOL

ah come on comer gimme some bloody credit i'm not that stooopid LOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 MonkeyBox

The cheapest I've found are Switchmedia at €29

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

MonkeyBox wrote:

that's before VAT; around €34 after

Still fairly cheap all the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

MonkeyBox wrote:

I ordered with those guys a month or so ago.

Brought it up here actually. They charge an extra 15 eur for DNS management. Wasnt impressed with their customer service. I had my domain ordered for nearly two weeks and no application had been made for my domain to the IEDR.

Blacknight has helped me on this matter and would strongly recommend availing of his services.

Brought it up here actually. They charge an extra 15 eur for DNS management. Wasnt impressed with their customer service. I had my domain ordered for nearly two weeks and no application had been made for my domain to the IEDR.

Blacknight has helped me on this matter and would strongly recommend availing of his services.

Hmmm. I've used Switchmedia and have found their support, customer service and overall level of product to be very good actually.

I remember the last thread RE: Switchmedia and, if I recall correctly, there were a lot of unfounded accusations made about the company to which the MD had to register and reply in order to defend his company. I'm assuming that's why the old hosting board was removed... because of the cheap and nasty company-bashing that goes on amongst Irish web hosts. It's all a bit sad and pathetic really. "I can't compete on price so I'll throw mud at the competition" :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

MonkeyBox wrote:
    Hmmm. I've used Switchmedia and have found their support, customer service and overall level of product to be very good actually.

I remember the last thread RE: Switchmedia and, if I recall correctly, there were a lot of unfounded accusations made about the company to which the MD had to register and reply in order to defend his company. I'm assuming that's why the old hosting board was removed... because of the cheap and nasty company-bashing that goes on amongst Irish web hosts. It's all a bit sad and pathetic really. "I can't compete on price so I'll throw mud at the competition" :rolleyes:
    You're awfully defensive for someone who's just a customer of switchmedia.

CuLT wrote:
    You're awfully defensive for someone who's just a customer of switchmedia.

Um, not really. More a concerned consumer and, as a web developer, I use hosting services quite a lot. I use Hosting365 first and foremost but I would like to think that they, and other Irish hosting companies, would have the common decency to a bit more professional rather than publicly having a go at their competitors. I mean you can say I'm wrong but the hosting board was closed down for a reason, no? Anyhoo, I think we're a little off-topic here.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

so it's actually €45 with the extra charges?
    Perhaps Letshost or Blacknight are the better option then.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

flogen wrote:
    so it's actually €45 with the extra charges?
    Perhaps Letshost or Blacknight are the better option then.

Yes, unless you purchase hosting with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

MonkeyBox wrote:
    Um, not really. More a concerned consumer and, as a web developer, I use hosting services quite a lot. I use Hosting365 first and foremost but I would like to think that they, and other Irish hosting companies, would have the common decency to a bit more professional rather than publicly having a go at their competitors. I mean you can say I'm wrong but the hosting board was closed down for a reason, no? Anyhoo, I think we're a little off-topic here.

Hi Monkeybox,

I certainly don't see that anyone in 365 has 'had a go' at switchmedia, or anyone else in this thread?

Stephen

Advertisement