Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guinness Surger

Options
  • 30-06-2006 4:01pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I searched for info on this before I posted and was surprised to find that it hasn't been mantioned on boards yet.

Guinness have found a new mrketing tool to sell their wonderful brew, but not to the Irish :)

The Guinness Surger is system where you pour 'special' Guinness from a can (with no widget) into a glass, put the glass on what looks like an ashtray, press a button and watch the magic. Ultra-sonic waves start off a chain reaction which results in a 'normal' pint !

It's being installed in bars here in Paris in places that don't have good enough coolers and such to sell Guinness but would like to all the same. They don't do pints, just half pint (330ml) for the French market.

It's a very cool system and some of the best Guinness I've tasted outside Ireland.

The funny thing is that it's available to buy in Tescos in the UK to install in your home but not anywhere else in the world :)

Here are a couple of videos...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=4TjhfYnOuTU&search=guinness%20surger

http://www.guinness.com/gb_en/surger/how_f/

(don't say you're from Ireland or you won't be able to see the video)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

They have this in my local bar (in Japan), I think we end up with a 400ml glass though I could be mistaken. For me, the taste is the best you can get abroad. Must pick one up for the house when I get home - is it available in the north?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

No, not according to the list of Tesco's stores stocking it. Can't see any ion the North.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

That looks cool! I have to wonder though, does the Guinness from this device actually taste different from the normal can of Guinness with the widget? I'd imagine it would have to as otherwise its pointless except for the "cool" factor.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Just came across this on Amazon now, anyone know if its available in Ireland yet as it says you need special cans of Guinness.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

JONJO THE MISER this thread is 7 years old. Please do not dig up zombie threads.

Closed.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement