Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cristiano Ronaldo

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

astrofool wrote:
    I see we have two lip readers on boards today. "some sort of threat" how in god's name do you come up with that? What type of threat could it have been? "I'm going to get you sent off"? Cop on to yourself.

Ok, threat was the wrong word to use, apologies, it was defo some sort of thrash talk to wind him up though, can't understand why people think a butt in the back of the head is friendly?!?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

I seen him wink at someone I taught it was a Portugal player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

I dont think the players will carry anything over as they are players and once the whistle goes its over.

Only fans/media/blame monkeys/Roy keane will carry anything on.

kdjac

KdjaC wrote:
    Only fans/media/blame monkeys/Roy keane will carry anything on.

LOL Very Good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Attractive Nun

cooker3 wrote:
    There is just something about him that is incredibly annoying. For one, when he started in premiership and did stupid amount of stepovers, although he does it less now, and the fact he is a big diver. Just because others do it doesn't make it ok and he is 1 of the worst culprits for it, this evening there was 1 incident when he blatantly dived and rolled around as per usual.

He had no right in getting invovled with Rooney incident and was trying to get him sent off which is another annoying trait and I read on BBC that he was seen winking to the bench when Rooney got the red card, sure Rooney would love that if it's true, I didn't see him do it myself I have to say.

In general he can't cross a ball and most of the time fails to do perform and is quite dirty as well, list goes on and on

God it's riling me up even thinking about stuff now!

Recently, I haven't seen Ronaldo dive that much at all. There are incidents, but no more than many many other players. Much more often I've seen cynical fouls against him when he's beaten players and he just gets on with it. Players rarely get cautioned against him (possibly because of his reputation as a diver from earlier seasons) so it's understandable that he's gonna get frustrated, he's 21.

I didn't see that winking thing, but if what people here are saying about it then that is disgraceful on the BBC's part. Complaining to the ref about Rooney is poor sportmanship, but my God it's being blown out of all proportion. It happens at least 20 or 30 times in every match.

I agree with you about his crossing btw, although he did put in a few good ones towards the end of the match today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

mad m wrote:
    ah get rid of him,never seen a player do more steps overs on a ball and still get no where.

It got him to the semi-finals of the world cup.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,007 ✭✭✭mad m

adox wrote:
    It got him to the semi-finals of the world cup.;)

Very true but neither deserved to go through.

Just watched it there again, Ronaldo winked, nodded and made a shushing gesture to the bench. Didn't look like it was edited to me as I remember seeing it live.

Wouldn't be the first time the oposition tried to get the star player sent off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭tred

TheGooner wrote:
    Just watched it there again, Ronaldo winked, nodded and made a shushing gesture to the bench. Didn't look like it was edited to me as I remember seeing it live.

Wouldn't be the first time the oposition tried to get the star player sent off.
    the most over rated twat to come into the premierhip and hes on the news tonight telling the world hes off to madrid. if Ferguson gets plenty of dosh for him, he should take it....hes a twat....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭elvis2002

guys, whats with the bashing of him. He didnt get Rooney sent off for god sake, Rooney got Rooney sent off. He stamped on him ffs. Ronaldo was just pointing out what everyone else saw. If anybody here was in the same situation you would've possibly done the same.

Someone said here he had no right to get involved, I think he has a right considering he just seen a player stamp on his team mate in the balls. He's within his rights to point it out to the ref.

English will always have excuses even though they'll say, there's no excuses this time etc etc. Rooney cost them this match, thats the end of it. He stays on they could have sneaked one because Portugal are terrible without Deco and never looked like scoring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

According to Sky Sports News this morning, Ronaldo has admitted that he is linked to one of the Real presidential candidates. Just heard the headline. Haven't seen the newspiece yet so don't know exactly what he said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

TheGooner wrote:
    WHISPER??? It was a nut in the back of the head and some sort of threat .

LOL Ronaldo Threatening Rooney, thats the best one I have heard in ages.

You must be very well informed, what precisely was the nature of the threat?

Anyone that has ever attended a game knows that players continuosly give each other verbals on the pitch, Bellamy, Vinny jones were/are notorious for it.

I,m amazed at the users here being gullible enought to follow the English Medias line that Ronaldo got Rooney in Trouble, Rooney was responsible for his own actions, If the ref saw the the stamp Rooney deserved to go, If he was sent off for the push the sending off was very harsh when you consider what Figo got away with in their last game.

Then again considering it is two United player involved I shouln't really be surprised by the reaction of some of the contributors here. Rooney and Ronaldo were representing their countries yesterday, what happened should have absolutely no impact on their club careers, its not like they had a punch up.

Rooney deserved to go for the stamp, Ronaldo was perfectly within his rights to draw the refs attention to Rooney's action. We have seen similar actions in most games in this world cup but because of the players involved, and England going out this is escalated into a major incident by the media and those Gullible enough to follow their line.

The Muppet wrote:
    LOL Ronaldo Threatening Rooney, thats the best one I have heard in ages.

You must be very well informed, what precisely was the nature of the threat?

Players continuosly give each other verbals on the pitch, Bellamy, Vinny jones were/are notorios for it.

I,m amazed at the users here being gullible enought to follow the English Medias line that Ronaldo got Rooney in Trouble, Rooney was responsible for his own actions, If the ref saw the the stamp Rooney deserved to go, If he was sent off for the push the sending off was veery harsh when you conisder what Figo got away with in their last game.

Then again considering it is two United player involved I shouln't really be surprised by the reaction of some of the contributors here. Roonay and Ronaldo were representing their countries yesterday what happened should have absolutely no impact on their club careers, its not like they had a punch up.

Rooney deserved to go for the stamp, Ronaldo was perfectly within his rights to draw the refs attention to Rooneys action. We have seen similar actions in every game in this world cup but because of the players involved, and England going out this is escalated into a major incident by the media and those Gullible enough to follow their line.

You completely and conveniently ignored my follow up post where I apologised for using the word threat :rolleyes:

The Muppet wrote:

I,m amazed at the users here being gullible enought to follow the English Medias line that Ronaldo got Rooney in Trouble, Rooney was responsible for his own actions, If the ref saw the the stamp Rooney deserved to go, If he was sent off for the push the sending off was veery harsh when you conisder what Figo got away with in their last game.

I don't give two shiits about the english media, i was watching it so i can make up my own mind and last time i checked i could think what i liked?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Ronaldo has said he will decide his future after the wold cup.

Now he has been pretty inconsistent for United but they are seriously lacking players in midfield and he is one of the better ones they currently have.

So after hoping that United could make some seriou additions to their squad this summer we face the possibility of loosing both Ronaldo and Van Nistelrooy and having to replace them both just to be back to where we were last season.:confused:

I am starting to get very concerned about Uniteds chances next season.I wsa looking for the addition of at least 4 players to what we already have,maybe two "big" names and two lesser siginings.

• Advertisement

TheGooner wrote:
    I don't give two shiits about the english media, i was watching it so i can make up my own mind and last time i checked i could think what i liked?

you are indeed entitled to think what you like but when you make those thoughts public you should expect to have them challenged especially when they are as ludicrous as Ronaldo threatened Rooney, (I,m still laughing at the thought of that) without throwing a hissy fit.

The Muppet wrote:
    you are indeed entitled to think what you like but when you make those thoughts public you should expect to have them challenged especially when they are as ludicrous as Ronaldo threatened Rooney, (I,m still laughing at the thought of that) without throwing a hissy fit.

LMFAO Your arguement is now invalid, like I said READ my follow up post. Yes my thoughts where challenged and YES I withdrew the remark. Here is my follow up post seeing as you can't be bothered to read it:
    Ok, threat was the wrong word to use, apologies, it was defo some sort of thrash talk to wind him up though, can't understand why people think a butt in the back of the head is friendly?!?

TheGooner wrote:
    LMFAO Your arguement is now invalid, like I said READ my follow up post. Yes my thoughts where challenged and YES I withdrew the remark. Here is my follow up post seeing as you can't be bothered to read it:

Who's arguing? My inital post was not directed at any single user in particular, I quoted your comment simply because I found the idea funny.

My last post was in reply to your "I can think what I Like post" .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

There was a moment in the first half which summed up ronaldo for me. He recieved the ball wide on the left, stepped over it a few hundred times before cutting inside. Now both sets of anylysts picked up on this and used it as an example of how he was negating his threat by coming inside instead of staying out wide and skinning neville (again). What annoyed me was that just as he cut inside, maniche was making a great run towards the box. The simplest of passes would have put maniche into a fantasically good position. Instead ronny had his head down as usual and hit a weak shot against a defender.

This was portugals best player? Figos distribution was far better before he was taken off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,512 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

If United do get rid of Ronaldo, they should buy Duff. Perfect replacement and he would actually get his game at United. And if United get Torres and Carrick, I can see them challenging better next year. Although what would I know, Im only a Leeds fan:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

I don't think Chelsea would let Duff go to one of the other Big English clubs.

Apparently Duff has been offered a new contract by Chelsea which he is expected to sign this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

How the hell has ronaldo turned into the scapegoat for englands loss? Have I missed something or was is not rooney's foot in carvalho's groin, along beckham and lampard playing like they've never seen a football before?

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Waster

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

That's someone with common sence. Then there's the tottenham manager coming out with this:http://www.football365.com/news/story_187979.shtml
    What the hell? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭Ping Chow Chi

Kulgan wrote:
    Yea have to agree, Ferguson will get them back and slap some sense into them and that will be the end of it.

yes in a simalar way that he talked sense into RVN and Ronny when they had a spat ... ;)

I do hope that they remember its all just a game though and sort whatever they have between them out in the preseason.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

My god have a listen to the commentry .....:D :Dhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFvZ389nsCE&feature=Views&page=1&t=t&f=b

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

sharkman wrote:
    ya I saw this last night and they analyzed it to death...especially Shearer & Lineker. From the look of it Rooney wasn't getting the red for the tackle but got it for his rection to Ronaldo....Rooney was stupid, the same way Beckham was in 98 against Argentina.

Ronaldo knows him best and knew exactly what to do...whether it was to get him sent off or not, Rooney felt for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

I suppose it would of come out by now. But i was wondering at the time if Rooney was sent of for something he said. Even after the push the ref doesnt seem to recact at first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

BBC had a good news segment on it this afternoon.

At the start, they're in the tunnell, walking out onto the pitch smiling, joking a laughing with eachother.

Then, Rooney is talking to a Portugal player right before kick off and Ronaldo walks up behind Rooney and shoves his head through the back of Rooneys head, not like a headbutt, but a aggressive shove with his head anyway.

Rooney turns around, neither are laughing or smiling and both locked eyes and Ronaldo said something, they both looked fairly serious.

Then, when Rooney gets sent off, Ronaldo looks to the bench and winks, as though sent out there to rile him up or something...

All shown on camera, but anyway, that's football and many players have been sent out to get Beckhams temper going, or Roy Keane or any other player...that's football, you have to deal with it and shut them up by playing great, scoring goals etc. ....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

DubGuy wrote:
    Then, when Rooney gets sent off, Ronaldo looks to the bench and winks, as though sent out there to rile him up or something...

Alot of suspicion that BBC edited that to make Ronaldo look like the big bad wolf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭elvis2002

bbc are a laughable bunch of jokers tbh. I cant believe Sheerer is advocating that Rooney should give em one in the Man Utd training room when he goes back. Rooney is a disgrace tbh.

Ian Wright is the jade goody of football. How can he sit there and try to defend Rooney. They always need an excuse ffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,915 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Whats funny is that they soooooo looked like being able to score 11v11 anyway.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

There will be nothing between Ronaldo and Rooney, if Ronaldo leaves, it won't be to do with their spat, it will be to do with Fergie.

Ronaldo did **** all wrong if you ask me.
    First off, the incident at the start is all bull****. Before the match kicked off, Ronaldo was talking to 'wazza' with smiles. Then Rooney got sent off because he stamped on a player [although I didnt agree it was a stamp]

Ronaldo said what to the ref? Anybody show anything whatsoever? Come on, somebody show me where he said it, or where this Portugese lip reader on boards is.

Secondly, he nodded to the bench cause he knew it was time for him to step up, and he did, back of the net.

England need someone to blame, they always do, always will, and Ronaldo is it this time. United are it half the time, so nobody at United will go along with it.

Ronaldo is hated, but he is a the world cup semi final, taking a peno aswell, the fifth one, that shows the faith Big Phil has in him and was probably their best player in that match.

What I find funny is that Fergie and Big Phil rate Ronaldo incredibly highly and continue to play him and encourage him, yet to so many people he is utterly ****e. You'd think people would maybe have another think about it when he has the support of 2 of the best managers there are.

PHB wrote:
    What I find funny is that Fergie and Big Phil rate Ronaldo incredibly highly and continue to play him and encourage him, yet to so many people he is utterly ****e. You'd think people would maybe have another think about it when he has the support of 2 of the best managers there are.

Both managers supported Kleberson too. Should people have a rethink about his abilities?

Have no doubt about it, I think Ronaldo can be superb on his day but he can also be woefully bad. Until he learns to be consistent, he'll never be near the player you seem to think he is or usually proclaim him to be after he has his stable match winning performance vs. Bolton each year in the PL.

Yeh they should actually. He has a world cup winners medal for a reason, and he was described as the driving force behind the team by the manager. And without him, this time, they were out in the quarters this year.
    Until he learns to be consistent, he'll never be near the player you seem to think he is

Without a doubt, but he is a big game player, and theres a reason why despite Simao's good season, there is no chance whatsoever that Ronaldo will not be starting in Portugals next two matches. Why? Because on his day, he can win you a game, and he is a big game player.

PHB wrote:
    Yeh they should actually. He has a world cup winners medal for a reason, and he was described as the driving force behind the team by the manager.

So where is he now then? I didn't see him lining out for Brazil in the WC or Man Utd recently :rolleyes:
    Without a doubt, but he is a big game player, and theres a reason why despite Simao's good season, there is no chance whatsoever that Ronaldo will not be starting in Portugals next two matches. Why? Because on his day, he can win you a game, and he is a big game player.

I'm not disputing that he's a good player. Read what I've said. I'm saying he can be just as bad as he is good. Just look at his earlier performances in this WC. Can't see where you're getting he's a big game player either. He's bottled a few big games for United - The CL decider against Benfica this year comes to mind.

Can't see where you're getting he's a big game player either. He's bottled a few big games for United - The CL decider against Benfica this year comes to mind.

Bull****, the whole team bottled it against Benfica, and shock shock, Ronaldo was our best player. AC Milan CL, he was our best player in both legs, cept maybe Fortune in the first.

Ronaldo for Portugal -

Scored twice in Euros 2004 to help Portugal to the final
    Qualifers - Scored 7 times to be Portugals top scorer

He is a big game player, and against France, he will attack the weakest French defender, and he'll probably be Portugals best player again.

PHB wrote:
    Bull****, the whole team bottled it against Benfica, and shock shock, Ronaldo was our best player.

What, when he kept doing endless flicks and wouldn't pass the ball to his team-mates? He was like Benfica's best defender, kept giving them possession.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

http://www.sky.com/skynews/picture_gallery/popup_paper/0,,70141-1226529-11,00.html

English press are gone after him, BBC Radio 1 having a text and ring in at the moment to let people say how much they hate him. The BBC is a joke and they done the same to Beckham and then made out they where best mates when he scored against Greece and calling for him to get a knighthood. And that Shearer, I thought I had seen the back of that **** when he left Newcastle, who is he one to talk about getting players sent off when Keane is one player he got sent off so he should be told to shut up.

Ronaldo will leave, why bother stayin in a country so patetic everytime there useless footie gets kicked out they have to blame someone, instead of one of there own they blame a young player!!! SAD SAD

See how we took it when Scilatchi(sp) scored for Italy against us? there was an ad to take the piss out of it not so long ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭The Rooster

PHB wrote:
    Ronaldo said what to the ref? Anybody show anything whatsoever? Come on, somebody show me where he said it, or where this Portugese lip reader on boards is.
    Thats very funny PHB. Because none of us have any idea of what language Ronaldo was using when speaking to the Argentine ref, never mind being able to lip read what he said = therefore he said nothing :D:D:D:D

The ref had blown his whistle and was pointing for a free to Portugal.

Then in charges Ronaldo and starts remonstarting with the ref. So clearly he wasnt simply looking for a free, as that had long been awarded.

I'd say there's a fair chance Ronaldo was speaking in English - either way Rooney seemed to understand what Ronaldo was saying from the look of disbelief then exaperation on Rooney's face at what Ronaldo was saying, which led him to push Ronaldo away.

Given all the evidence, you'd want to be fairly blinkered not to come to the conclusion that Ronaldo was looking to get Rooney sent off.

Personally I think they're both lovely chaps and that RoRoRo will be a blinding combination and carry ManU to countless trophies over the next few years :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

Big Nelly wrote:
    And that Shearer, I thought I had seen the back of that **** when he left Newcastle, who is he one to talk about getting players sent off when Keane is one player he got sent off so he should be told to shut up.

wtf are u are u ranting on about? Newcastle were 4-3 up against Man U in the 90th minute and Shearer was typically stalling over a throw in to waste a few more seconds. Keane then lost the plot and threw the ball at him. Shearer responded by squaring up to him and calling him a f-ing prick (which he was) so Keane tried to punch him and was rightly sent off. Keane said later he felt he'd let everyone down by acting so stupidly. I don't see how u came to the conclusion that Shearer got him sent off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

I hate the english media and the english "fans" they always needs someone to blame....as said already we've seen it before with beckham in 1998 and now were gonna see it with Ronaldo (even though Rooney was the one who let his team down by getting a well deserved Red Card for a stamp and raising his hands to another player).

England team were not and are not good enough to win any major tournament in the forseeable future until they get rid of a few who don't deserve a place.

IMO Sven's swansong was too ensure england didn't have a chance of winning the world cup with dodgy team selection (walcott+lennon instead of Defoe/wright phillips) dodgy tactics (4-1-4-1 ??) and strange substitutions- all in all he screwed england beautifully...

kinaldo wrote:
    wtf are u are u ranting on about? Newcastle were 4-3 up against Man U in the 90th minute and Shearer was typically stalling over a throw in to waste a few more seconds. Keane then lost the plot and threw the ball at him. Shearer responded by squaring up to him and calling him a f-ing prick (which he was) so Keane tried to punch him and was rightly sent off. Keane said later he felt he'd let everyone down by acting so stupidly. I don't see how u came to the conclusion that Shearer got him sent off.

SO whats the difference is calling some a "f**king pri*k" and Ronaldo asking did the ref see Rooney stamp on a players balls????

Nothing!! Shearer was worse!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

neacy69 wrote:
    IMO Sven's swansong was too ensure england didn't have a chance of winning the world cup with dodgy team selection (walcott+lennon instead of Defoe/wright phillips) dodgy tactics (4-1-4-1 ??) and strange substitutions- all in all he screwed england beautifully...

You had me there, until you suggested SWP should have been there ahead of Lennon...:eek:

Lennon was there on merit, and the few times he was let on the pitch he was England's best attacking option.

• Advertisement

Big Nelly wrote:
    SO whats the difference is calling some a "f**king pri*k" and Ronaldo asking did the ref see Rooney stamp on a players balls????

Nothing!! Shearer was worse!!

I never once commented on the Ronaldo. In each incident imo Keane and Rooney were soley responsible for getting themselves sent off. Now get over the fact that Shearer turned down Man U twice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

I think what he did was fairly low tbh. But that's the way the game is going.

From what I've read his loyalties don't lie with UTD anyway - he's looking to move this summer. Pity that Fergie took Ronaldo's side, over RvN's.

There's no way Rooney should have been sent off. If anything it was a free to him.

kinaldo wrote:
    I never once commented on the Ronaldo. In each incident imo Keane and Rooney were soley responsible for getting themselves sent off. Now get over the fact that Shearer turned down Man U twice.

Whats Man Utd got to do with anything? I couldn't care less who Utd sign or release, I am just sick of prat like Shearer thinking it is ok to blame anyone or anything on England losing a game, its gone beyond a joke. They should be taken off the TV for making comments like that which will only raise the feelings in fans across the UK. Just had that muppet Wright on BBC radio 1 this morning crying on about same thing and how right Shearer was.

Comments like that will mean the PL will lose one of there best talented young players, why? because he played against England. What will that show to other young players when a PL club tries to buy them? all Shearer and Wright and the press are doing is killing the PL. Well done BBC.

BBC1 and UTV commentator team are sh*t and for the first time this year I watched every game after the first one on RTE where you get some insight into the game and not just a pile of cr*p about 66 etc.

Oh yeah I support Shef Wed!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭RedPlanet

Did anyone see the BBC editing Ronaldo's wink (which he did to the bench either just before extra time or just after) to make it look like he winked to the bench when rooney got sent off.....the boys a scapegoat alright !

I noticed that as well. When Ronaldo winked i was thinking...i wonder will the BBC and English press make a mountain outa that.
    Then watching later how they spliced that wink in, to make it appear he winked right after the Rooney send off... typical media manipulation.

Big Nelly wrote:
    Whats Man Utd got to do with anything? I couldn't care less who Utd sign or release, I am just sick of prat like Shearer thinking it is ok to blame anyone or anything on England losing a game, its gone beyond a joke. They should be taken off the TV for making comments like that which will only raise the feelings in fans across the UK. Just had that muppet Wright on BBC radio 1 this morning crying on about same thing and how right Shearer was.

Comments like that will mean the PL will lose one of there best talented young players, why? because he played against England. What will that show to other young players when a PL club tries to buy them? all Shearer and Wright and the press are doing is killing the PL. Well done BBC.

BBC1 and UTV commentator team are sh*t and for the first time this year I watched every game after the first one on RTE where you get some insight into the game and not just a pile of cr*p about 66 etc.

Oh yeah I support Shef Wed!!

What a ridiculous overreaction. You'd almost think it was the most controversial thing a football pundit ever said.

• Advertisement
Advertisement