Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Page file size

• 30-06-2006 4:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

I'm thinking the page file size should be total system memory plus 50% disk. spec is the following :

spec is win2k pc. 2.8ghz 512mb ram. 2000mb page file.

I've also got a dual screen monitor and my PC is crawling, any ideas, I think it might be the page file.

Comments

The recommended size for 512MB RAM is 768MB while the maximum is 1536MB. It will remain at 768 unless it needs more.

If your pagefile is 2GB your PC must be overloaded, too many apps running on bootup for example.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭aFlabbyPanda

it should be 1.5 times the physical memory. and the min and max should be set the same

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 852 ✭✭✭case_sensitive

Download msconfig (from XP, but works on 2k) from:
    http://www.techadvice.cc/files/y44b1/win-xp/msconfig.exe

Fire it up click both Services and Startup tabs, they contain the programs that run on startup. Chances are you'll find some spyware or viruses in here too, I nearly always do when I put in on Win2k machines.

If you're not sure what something does, type the full filename into google, and read the summaries. I found something called hello21.exe on our Antivirus server, and I was convinced it was a virus, turns out it's part of our UPS monitoring software.

If you want to use it more than once, follow these kinda complicated instructions:
    Save it in the root of c: (as in not in any folder, the bottom level, or root)
    and add c: to your PATH: (right click on My Computer, properties, Advanced, Environment Variables, then find PATH, click 'Edit' and add c:; to the end of the Variable Value name.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭aFlabbyPanda

just saved it to the system32 instead.

Advertisement