Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

England - Portugal before/during/after.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,677 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Christiano Ronaldo to score the winner....?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

They will hate him more now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Portugal through, the cocky fecker Ronaldo with the last penalty. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Why does it always have to be a backs-to-the-wall/peno shootout heroic failure?

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Well done portugal, hard luck england

Some ****e penos there.

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Oh man, I feel bad for them now. How do they always manage to lose on penalties?

Irony of Hargreaves scoring and Lampard/Gerrard missing!

I trust Man Utd will sell Ronaldo to a club in Outer Russia. Still I've made some money out of this and Svens evil regime is at an end.

Mike.

No more of listening to England winning the WC, its the end of Sven and his mad tactics. Why bring Walcott when you never play him???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Gutted, feel really bad for the players who missed aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

GO ON THE PORTUGAL!!!a :D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

Hahhaha :D, gotta love ronaldo's penalty, grear stuff. Sorry but england just didnt play in the first half, they cant expect to sit back for 45mins and then win it in the second half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭kensutz

I hope Ronaldo breaks his leg or someone torches his house in England.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

England deserved to go through, feel terrible for them, but ricardo is one hell of a goalie. Robinson ... well ... meh...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Will Rooney be hated now like Beckham was?

I don't think Rooney will get too much flack, Sven will be the real target.

I wonder if he will be seen in public in England again?

Mike.

Lemlin wrote:
    Will Rooney be hated now like Beckham was?

Ronaldo will be. His life will be hell for the next year at least

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

There's gonna be bloody ructions in Germany tonight! Go on the German riot police! :D
    England deserved to go through, feel terrible for them, but ricardo is one hell of a goalie. Robinson ... well ... meh...

Are you mad?! They should never have made it to the quarter finals, don't mind the semis!

kensutz wrote:

What sort of a statement is that? thats an awful thing to say. He is a young player and you are looking for him to get hurt over a football game?

You prob came out with the same sort of cr*p after Becks got sent off for England in 98.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭Anam

What is with all of the negativity towards Ronaldo?

England deserve to be out of the tournament.

• Advertisement

No, I said it after penalties tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

kensutz wrote:
    I hope you get banned.

Yeah well if you're as passionate as I am with football you'd understand my hatred. Actually you'll probably lap this up since you probably had an upbringing to hate England

kensutz wrote:
    Yeah well if you're as passionate as I am with football you'd understand my hatred.
    I am passionate but that comment was out of order.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Big Nelly wrote:
    Wats the bets now Carra misses:p

Did you have a fiver on it ? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

kensutz wrote:
    Yeah well if you're as passionate as I am with football you'd understand my hatred.

No i dont think anyone will, thats just retarded.

banned for a week.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

I think ronaldo will be fine..... he scored a good penalty and english fans should accept that.

kensutz wrote:
    No, I said it after penalties tonight.

England where woeful the whoel tournament, they deserved go out, when they had 11 players on the pitch they done nothing!!! The teams they where playing where pretty brutal and they had problems trying to score against them, they have been playing the wrong setup for years now and persisted with it, Beckham started all the games and everyone said it should be Lennon. Gerrard and Lampard are shadows of themselves.

Hargreaves was finally played in his correct position today and he was best on the pitch. These are just some examples of the mismanagement of the England team. They deserved to go out, end of story and your asking for a player to break a leg cause he scored a peno against them? :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

kensutz wrote:

thats a bit strong now. I might not be a fan of their style of play but I wouldn't wish anything bad on them.

so now Sven is gone, will McClaren have the balls to change things as they need to be changed and take Engerland forward?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 9,026 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

England v Brasil/France would have been so much better imo. Very sorry to see that Portugese side go through. Not that England were much better but it was looking like Sven might have been forced to play sound tactics in the semis if they got through.
    lol at Bill to Souness at the end of RTE's coverage - "people thought you were anti-Irish" and lol to Apres Match beating the crap out of the Bud fellas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

How bad were Englands Pens?. I suppose the heat tiredness and occasion played a part.

England were hugely dissapointing in all their games and the blame for that lies firmly with Sven . He made hugh mistakes right from his squad selection . He is afraid to risk anything out of teh ordinary despite argueably having the best group of players available to any English manager for a long time.

I shall have to support portugal now.

DMC wrote:
    Did you have a fiver on it ? :D

Was just thinking that, knew when he came on he would be taking a peno and prob missed, damn it I didnt go onto PaddyPowers:D :(

The Muppet wrote:
    How bad were Englands Pens?. I suppose the heat tiredness and occasion played a part.
    To be honest, the Portugal's misses were worse than England's misses! Ricardo saved 3, the two Portugese misses were both off-target.

kensutz wrote:
    Yeah well if you're as passionate as I am with football you'd understand my hatred. Actually you'll probably lap this up since you probably had an upbringing to hate England

Who hates England? your the one thats showing hatred! not me! I am looking at the game from my point of view and thats it. You seem to have a problem with a player that scores against them. Just seen your banned, you deserve it. And it wasnt me who reported the post in case your wondering!!:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Mentioned this on the Ronaldo thread, but after the match BBC showed a clip of Ronaldo coming up behind Rooney before kick off, and butting into the back of his head. Ronaldo was knew Rooney was the one to target with the short fuse.

And when you watch the sending off incident again, you'll see the ref sends him off for the Ronaldo push, which is a little sad imo.

Both teams were crap, but with Deco back Portugal at least have some creativity.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Ronaldo could be in for a rough time of it back at United if the BBC have anything to do with it, they were certainly attempting to villainise him in the after-match, and deservedly so I think.

I feel bad for them, especially Terry and Hargreaves who I thought were brilliant and played with real heart.

Neither of them would have gotten past Brazil/France in the semis though.

DaveMcG wrote:
    There's gonna be bloody ructions in Germany tonight! Go on the German riot police! :D

Are you mad?! They should never have made it to the quarter finals, don't mind the semis!
    Well if the game was only decided by penalties and England had to play with 10 men for most of the game, then yeah, they deserved to go through. Passion and commitment which could only be seperated by the quality of goalies IMO. England created more chances when they had 10 men than portugal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

To be honest, the Portugal's misses were worse than England's misses! Ricardo saved 3, the two Portugese misses were both off-target.

A Keeper should never get near a properly taken peno. I agree Portugals misses were just as bad as englands.

Wonder will anything come up about Ricardo moving off the line? for each say he was about a 1-2ft off the line and the linesman said nothing. Robinson stayed exactly on the while line, this would be disadvantage to Robinson.

Not sure why nothing was said

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

mike65 wrote:
    Why does it always have to be a backs-to-the-wall/peno shootout heroic failure?

Mike.

Well, the last two times its down to your friend and mine Sven :) (why are the beeb text service calling him svennis? I feel really stupid for not being able to work it out)

• Advertisement

Ronaldo could be in for a rough time of it back at United if the BBC have anything to do with it, they were certainly attempting to villainise him in the after-match, and deservedly so I think.
    I don't think it was deserved. I certainly don't agree with Ronaldo getting involved with the Rooney incident, but the lad is young and every bit as passionate about his country as Rooney is about his, of course he's going to be fired up. He made a mistake by getting involved, but the beeb are just being petulant and bitter imo by trying to make him the villian.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Never thought i would of been delighted seeing Ronaldo scoring a peno!

Great to see the BBC commentarty. Ian wright looked like someone died.

Someone on FiveLive "you know why Hargreaves scored his peno? He's German!"

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,349 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Ikky Poo2 wrote:

No way is there any truth in that Sky Sports statement! 100% of people were sure England would win the world cup?? Either they're making it up or you are.
    I saw that poll ,56% of people thought England would win the World Cup.
    I'm happy England are out.
    Portugal were poor but at least they tried to play some football in this tournament unlike England who were a defensive bore.
    England have heart and determination ,sure,they always have but this is the World Cup ,skill should be the priority.
    England have a bad manager ,grossly overated players ,and an intrusive media .
    The whole culture of English football is wrong ,the onus isnt on possession or playing fluid football .

Big Nelly wrote:
    Wonder will anything come up about Ricardo moving off the line? for each say he was about a 1-2ft off the line and the linesman said nothing. Robinson stayed exactly on the while line, this would be disadvantage to Robinson.

Not sure why nothing was said
    Yeah he should of taken a page from the Dudek school of goalkeeping. Slowly give the ball to the opposing player and take a few steps foward when diving. It's all mind games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Hard luck on England.
    They played quite well today despite being a man short.

To go out on penalties yet again is very soul-destroying.

Still, good to see The Golden Generation still in the tournament. I'd imagine Brazil or France will beat them though.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,337 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Dustaz wrote:
    Well, the last two times its down to your friend and mine Sven :) (why are the beeb text service calling him svennis? I feel really stupid for not being able to work it out)

It's his nickname in Sweden. I think the first time it became known in Britain was when Tord Grip mentioned it in an interview.

zabbo wrote:
    Mentioned this on the Ronaldo thread, but after the match BBC showed a clip of Ronaldo coming up behind Rooney before kick off, and butting into the back of his head. Ronaldo was knew Rooney was the one to target with the short fuse.

Just posted on other thread, if you see at the very first when they came walking out of the dressing room they where chatting and laughing away. I'd say it was a bit of banter between the two of them!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,677 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I saw that poll ,56% of people thought England would win the World Cup.
    I'm happy England are out.
    Portugal were poor but at least they tried to play some football in this tournament unlike England who were a defensive bore.
    England have heart and determination ,sure,they always have but this is the World Cup ,skill should be the priority.
    England have a bad manager ,grossly overated players ,and an intrusive media .
    The whole culture of English football is wrong ,the onus isnt on possession or playing fluid football .
    Ah, so he was making it up then - thanks!
    Hardly call a sky sports poll conclusive though...

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,982 ✭✭✭Big Ears

The Muppet wrote:
    A Keeper should never get near a properly taken peno.

usually but there are exceptions eg. Rise's penalty in the Champions League final which Dida saved .

• Advertisement
Advertisement