Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reese's Peanut Butter Cups

• 30-06-2006 7:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭

You can get these in Aldi!!!! I fell in love with them in New York, never knew you could get them here and was waiting for someone (anyone!!) i know to go to America just so's they could bring me back some...

Then yesterday I was in Aldi and saw a whole basket of them....sh!t that made me so happy i couldnt stop smiling!! (still am) :):):)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I hate the things but my wife likes them. When we lived in Ireland (shes American) we had to go to the nearest big town to get them, she was delighted. We are back in America now though so its not a problem anymore. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I think they're disgusting....like Ruu though ,the special lady in my life likes them :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

They sell them in the Spar near where I work, as well as the Nutrageous bar and a few Hersheys (yuk) bars as well.

I have never been so happy.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I think they're revolting. Far too sweet for me.

I ate a handful of Reece's something or others (cone shaped things) and I felt sick for the next 2 days. Haven't been able to go near them since.

I ADORE Peanut Butter M&Ms though.

Faith wrote:
    I think they're revolting. Far too sweet for me.

I ate a handful of Reece's something or others (cone shaped things) and I felt sick for the next 2 days. Haven't been able to go near them since.

I ADORE Peanut Butter M&Ms though.

Something like these you mean? Don't like any kind of American chocolate really.:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Most spars sell these.....

Personally, I just love a good dollop of pure peanut butter.

Nyom nyom!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Ruu wrote:
    Something like these you mean? Don't like any kind of American chocolate really.:(

That's them! My American flatmates mum sent over a load of Hersheys and Reese's chocolate and I got confused. They were horrible either way.

American chocolate tastes like dirt, IMO. I'm the biggest chocoholic in the world, and I hate it. I wouldn't eat it even if there was nothing else there, usually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,778 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

absolutely discusting! Got to agree they are way to sweet and leave a horrible after taste

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I love peanut butter cups. The saltiness of the peanut butter against the sweet chocolate is just delicious. It's one of the few good chocolate products to come out of the states. I stocked up on these as well as the yummy Nutrageous bars the last day I was in Aldi. I'll hoarde them jealously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Oobie

I hate them too but they also sell them in Topshop along with other manky hershey stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

I'm not usually a peanut butter fan but I got one of these (actually i've had 2 this week):
    Photo7.jpg

Its the one with peanut butter (obviously).

Its from a new juice/smoothie bar that spar have called "TreeHouse" or something like that. Theres one on capal street and they are the most amazing smoothie type thing ever!!

Do all Spars have them, ror just particular stores? I'm intrigued by the idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭EWheelChair

Haha, this is so weird. One of my co-workers just came back from holiday yesterday and brought three bags of those hersees things into the office to share around.

I didn't say anything but they're absolutely disgusting. The silver ones are rank, i nealry puked when i tasted them. Had to run to the toilet and spit it out, then wash my mouth out. But i could still taste it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

dudara wrote:
    Do all Spars have them, ror just particular stores? I'm intrigued by the idea.

I've only seen it in the new one opposite the Boars Head on Capal street. Its not a typical Spar though as its joined with an InSomnia. The Joiuce Bar is part of the Spar though.

Haha, this is so weird. One of my co-workers just came back from holiday yesterday and brought three bags of those hersees things into the office to share around.

I didn't say anything but they're absolutely disgusting. The silver ones are rank, i nealry puked when i tasted them. Had to run to the toilet and spit it out, then wash my mouth out. But i could still taste it!

The Hershey's kisses are nasty alright. Really sour tasting.

Your mouth is just used to Cadburys. :) I dont like the Hersheys chocolate either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

6th wrote:
    I'm not usually a peanut butter fan but I got one of these (actually i've had 2 this week):
    Photo7.jpg

Its the one with peanut butter (obviously).

Its from a new juice/smoothie bar that spar have called "TreeHouse" or something like that. Theres one on capal street and they are the most amazing smoothie type thing ever!!

Zumo smoothies bars....number 22!

MONKEY BUSINESS!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

American chocolate sucks.. But i do like peanut butter cups.. would be nicer with some European chocolate though :D

Seriously American chocolate is like our cooking chocolate! Even what we put on mars bars here is far far better than what they coat theirs in! My american inlaws/family could not believe it when they tasted Irish/UK mars bars i left lying around when i was over there.

Oh and yes you can get them in some spars etc... such as the one in park west in the plaza.

Advertisement