Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

00 Clk

Options
  • 30-06-2006 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

hey guys...Im thinking of selling my 00 CLK 230 Avantgarde,Full Leather,80,000 miles yada yada yada....all the usual stuff. I was hoping somebody could tell me the realistic price i should take for it.

Reason for sale is the need now for a car with four doors....(baby coming soon) so i was thinking about the Jag X-Type 2.7D. Anyone have any thoughts on this??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Private sale you might get €20k for it. I'd say you'll find it difficult enough to get rid of privately. Did you find them to be a good motor? Thinking of buying one when I move to Belgium.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I reckon closer to €15k but that said there's guys asking more

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭useeme

Transmission, Colour, Condition ???

• Registered Users Posts: 65,414 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Depends on transmission. With auto more toward €20k, without it will be hard to sell and you might end up selling for several thousand less

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Its blue...dont konw the exact name of the colour but its the light blue one not the navy colour. Its automatic ...i think all the 230s were auto,pretty good condition.Id love to keep it....running great but just not pratical anymore.

Have to say out of all the cars iv owned this was my pride n joy. The 230 kompressor has the grunt to put you up to motorway speed rapidly yet aint the worst on juice.

As regards to the Jag I was supposed to say I was looking into the 2.2d. Id love to get a bit of feedback on this car. Iv heard the views that its just a mondeo re-branded but i kinda like the look of them.

Im not gonna spend much time or dosh trying to sell the Merc so do you think id be better just trading it in against the Jag??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Diamondmaker

Too many miles, really put people off.
    Not knocking the car but Im sure you will find many yummy mummy school run equivilants with a fraction of the miles.

Thats the way I found my 00 318ci with 34k ( main delaer and full BMWSH before people start mentioning clocking );)

• Registered Users Posts: 65,414 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Can you not just keep it, kaiser1? Beautiful car in the great Mercedes coupe tradition. Future classic no doubt. Much nicer looking than the current CLK imho (sorry MercMad :o )
    kaiser1 wrote:
    Its automatic ...i think all the 230s were auto

Auto was optional extra, but most buyers would have gone for it. Same story with leather upholstery. You have to unless you don't plan to sell it on
    kaiser1 wrote:
    The 230 kompressor has the grunt to put you up to motorway speed rapidly

Yes it has a good bit of poke - 280NM torque is really very good for a 4-pot petrol. Drove the even lighter SLK with same engine and the acceleration was noticeably faster than in my V8 7-series!

Advertisement