Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Whatever happened to Chris Jericho?

• 30-06-2006 10:47pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭

this may be a stupid question admittedly but having not watched wrestling for a good period while at University im just wondering where is Y2J Chris Jericho?

did he get injured? and if so when is he supposed to return.
    If not why is he not on WWE shows? and do you think they should get him back?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Heres a link to a recent Jericho interview: http://www.wrestlingobserver.com/wo/news/headlines/default.asp?aID=16707

Basically, Jericho is n't wrestling at the moment because he does n't want to. He's doing a whole load of things outside of wrestling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭rizzla

About a year ago he played in Voodoo with his band Fozzy, brilliant gig. Since then he seems happy not to be on the road wrestling so much.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Can you blame him when you see the way he has been treated over the years? Even his title reign was just an ego trip for-er- Trip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

SDooM wrote:
    Can you blame him when you see the way he has been treated over the years? Even his title reign was just an ego trip for-er- Trip.

What? How's that? He held the belt from December to March. During his reign he retained the title against guys like The Rock, Stone Cold Steve Austin and Kurt Angle.

Triple H had come back from a severe injury and was a big babyface at the time. I think Triple H deserves criticism for some things but not for taking the title off Jericho at the time.

And it was hardly an "ego trip" since Triple H dropped the title to Hogan a month later meaning he had a shorter reign than Jericho did with the Undisputed title.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

What? How's that? He held the belt from December to March. During his reign he retained the title against guys like The Rock, Stone Cold Steve Austin and Kurt Angle.

My abiding memory of his title reign was holding Stephanie's dog. Like you said he did get wins over alot of top guys but the way he was portrayed I did n't think do him any favours.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

i'd put that down to a probl;em with moving stephanie into the mix rather then a trip vs Y2J angle, it was obvious they could have carried the feud with out stephanie but that she wanted in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

why was jericho stripped of the wwe title after he beat HHH ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

HHH had beaten up Earl Hebner the week before, and he made a fast count when Jericho pinned HHH. Then HHH said that if he reversed the decision, he wouldn't attack Hebner again while he was under contract. So he said ok, then HHH fired him and attacked him. I think that's what happened. Bit stupid

His radio show is deadly! Seems like he's more interested in acting these days

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Dickmcsavage

Chris Jericho radio show eh? Do you listen to that on the net or wha?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

i'd put that down to a probl;em with moving stephanie into the mix rather then a trip vs Y2J angle, it was obvious they could have carried the feud with out stephanie but that she wanted in.

I thought that was to try to get y2j more over as a heel, the hooking up with your most hated enemy kinda angle. Wasn't big into his heel turn back then. Then wwe started let the undisputed belt go around the block a bit, Triple H, Hulk Hogan, The Undertaker, The Rock and Brock Lesnar all held the title that year, the belt changing hands three times within a three month period (this was just after the roster split).

Y2J was the last wcw champ, and the first undisputed champ!

Also the name changed from wwf to wwe during hulk hogan's reign, so he's the last wwf world champ, and the first wwe world champ!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

Cactus Col wrote:
    I thought that was to try to get y2j more over as a heel, the hooking up with your most hated enemy kinda angle. Wasn't big into his heel turn back then. Then wwe started let the undisputed belt go around the block a bit, Triple H, Hulk Hogan, The Undertaker, The Rock and Brock Lesnar all held the title that year, the belt changing hands three times within a three month period (this was just after the roster split).
    yeah your right, thats that how they pushed her in, to make y2j worse by being allied with a heel, but i felt she was surplus to requirments, jericho was always good enough with the fans to make them cheer or boo depending what he was after. he had his manhood robbed by stephanie in that run i felt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭herobear

http://www.fozzyrock.com/

really great fun band and fantastic live, being taught how to stage dive by chris was hilarious!!

ive got all 3 of their albums

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Chris said on his site just a few days ago that he doesn't miss WWE, and if he ever does come back, it'll be all or nothing

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Fozzy wrote:
    Chris said on his site just a few days ago that he doesn't miss WWE, and if he ever does come back, it'll be all or nothing

so not to be expected back in the immediate future then. pity but at least he has not ruled a future return when his heart is fully in it which to be honest is when we would want him back.

Advertisement