Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nick Hogan

• 30-06-2006 11:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭

Was just flicking through the channels when Hogan knows Best came on. Decided to watch it as it showed Hulk returning to the ring for a match. Make a long story short Nick gets in the ring and based on crowd reaction decides to become a wrestler. After one bout of training he asks when his first match is and goes into a hissy fit when Hulk tells him he trained for two years before even having a match. Other stuff happened other than that...

Did anyone see this? It really made me question about guys getting a leg up in the industry based on contacts and not really having a passion for the business. More in it for the fame and money than actually putting on a stellar match. Orton and David Flair sprung to mind immediately. Any thoughts on this or if you saw the episode what a whinger Nick is?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

You would n't want to take anything on that Hogan Knows best show too seriously. Plus keep in mind Nick Hogan is only 16 or so even though at least to me I thought he looked much older .

Secondly, lumping Randy Orton in with David Flair is a bit harsh!

Maybe its a 50/50 mix but plenty of wrestlers who have a family back round in wrestling earned their spot. Terry and Dory Funk, Ted Di Biasie, Curt Hennig, Barry Wyndam, Rey Mysterio, Kerry Von Erich, The Rock, Eddie Guerrero, Bret and Owen Hart etc.. They got to the top becasue of their ability and hardwork and not their surname. But I'm sure it opened doors for them initially.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

I did see a bit of that show but got a changed quickly, but i saw Nick Hogan train for a bit. I'd think it would be hard for him not to be pushed straight to the top for a while now that he's on TV and all. Whether he will be any good of a wrestler though... Well i'm gonna wait on that. Of course if Hogan's trainin him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

David Flair was pushed way too early. Probably made him hate the business in the end. In Eddie's book, he says that it was probably harder for him than guys whose father and brothers hadn't wrestled. Eddie had to live up to his family's name and that made him work harder than he might've if he didn't have that pressure

Nick Hogan seems like a bit of a kid from what I've seen of that show. Although I suppose he is still a sort of kid.. The thing is, all the guys Vince mentioned in his post, all their fathers were very good wrestlers. Hogan isn't. Nick would have grown up seeing his da as the most famous wrestler in the world, and it must be in his head that what Hulk does in the ring is all you need to get over with the fans. And that's very far from the truth

Plus, the only place where Nick could get over is WWE. The majority of wrestling fans would piss all over him as soon as he steps into a ring

Can't believe I've written so much about this..anyway, they probably just set it up for the show cos it's a logical enough episode plot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Fozzy wrote:
    , all the guys Vince mentioned in his post, all their fathers were very good wrestlers.

I'm not so sure about that. Admittedly I have n't seen much of them wrestle but the likes of Larry the Ax Hennig, Stu Hart were n't spectaculiar wrestlers. They were really just products of their own eras and their sons went on to be completely different types of wrestlers.

So the son does n't neccessarily mirror the dad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

Secondly, lumping Randy Orton in with David Flair is a bit harsh!

They were just two names that came to mind initially from the standpoint that they were snapped up by WWE and sent to their development grounds due to their relatives, Orton succeeding moreso than Flair. Harry Smith will be the next in line. He's only 19. He should have stayed on the indies longer plying his craft before signing up. Chances are he'll be burned out in less than five years with respect to a push like so many other youngsters who were signed up have.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Im just judging by his attitudes on that hogan show thing, he seems to want to wrestle but not do the hard work involved.*shrugs*

Advertisement