Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kane to Retire

• 30-06-2006 11:25pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Kane, 39, has expressed to WWE management that he plans on retiring soon, perhaps as early as January 2007. Kane told management that he has accomplished all he can in his career. Should Kane retire, it won't affect his See No Evil film deal as he signed a contract for a sequel to the movie.

One source within WWE said, "Kane is the most respected guy in the Raw locker room. He carries himself very professionally and it would be ashame to end his career without a decent title run." Kane has stated several times that his 24 hour title reign in 1998 does not bother him, however, many within WWE (including Vince McMahon) feels as though that Kane has been bothered that he has not gotten another title reign in his career. Even though he's technically on RAW, there was some thought to giving him a title win at Judgment Day or No Way Out, but those plans were nixed. Another source said that when Kane was asked about a possible future title reign he said, "It's time for the younger guys to shine."

Before his departure, Kane would like to be involved with Bobby Lashley, Randy Orton and John Cena. He would also like to reunite with The Undertaker as a tag team. Additionally, The Undertaker has expressed to management that Kane could possibly be the one to end his undefeated Wrestlemania streak. However, Kane turned down the idea, seeing as it would take credibility away from Taker's legacy.

despite recent storylines like the imposter Kane this would be a great loss to the WWE IMO and i believe he should be given another title reign especially seing as the one he had only lasted one day when he won the title from SCSA at KOTR98 but dropped it the following night on Raw.

I also think that if he is to retire he needs to go out with a bang which would either be in the final chapter of his feud with The Undertaker, in a match against a star of the future who would be put on the fastrack to stardom with a fictory or against Randy Ortan who would kill the legend of Kane in a classic match.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

seems like he is a decent guy reading that

ie. not one with a huge ego

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Dickmcsavage

Well I don't know about you but I think that Kane's in-ring ability has diminshed a bit over the last year. Maybe its a nagging injury or maybe its because he hasn't really been involved in some really good angles of late which in turn may have stopped him from putting in a real effort in matches, I don't know, but the man has had some real stinkers in the last while. I definitly would like to see him have another title run and an angle with John Cena could be quite good with Kane obviously as heel because Cena will never be a heel as long as children exist on planet earth.
    An angle with Taker could be good but its been done, a number of times. I suppose in that case they could have Kane lose a buried alive match to him therefore ending his career.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Of course this does not neccesarily mean that he will be retiring soon but it is in his mind. He himself has suggested around January to WWE apparently althoughthat is around Royal Rumble time and you would expect that he would at least hang on for Wrestlemania. This will also give the WWE time to attempt to convince him that there is more that he can achieve.

also if they have not yet given him another title reign it may be something that storyline-wise they have to work into shows and this is something he deserves so it could also extend his run, or he may simple reconsider. Either way i gotta agree with Mossy Monk from that interview he sounds like a good guy and thus i hope the WWE do treat him right in the remainder of his run and stop using him for the comic freak effect.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Thing is with Kane and Undertaker their gimmicks sell them... there's no real point in giving them belts, other than to put someone else over. Crowds pop for their gimmicks. Vince'll prob give him a two day reign :)

Yeah, he sounds cool from that item.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

This was posted about a month ago: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054941730

My feelings haven't changed. He seems like a nice guy, but I don't think he's really sellable as the champ anymore

Looks like there's a few guys who are going to be retiring soon. JBL looks like he's finished in the ring, Undertaker's hardly going to last much more than another year, is he? You'd hardly notice him though anyway, he's been gone so long so many times. I'm sure there's some other guys thinkin about retiring too

• Advertisement
Advertisement