Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digiweb Traffic Stat change

• 01-07-2006 12:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭

Noticed on the stat page that they gave reset everyone's traffic usage to 0 from 29/06/06.
    "Announcement: We have modified our traffic monitoring system. To facilitate the changes we have reset all customers traffic to zero as of the 29.06.2006"

Does anyone know this is a real reset to zero or just a techie hitch where your usage before that point is still carried over?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

yeah just noticed it this morning myself, My totals have been reset, so wonder if there after changing it from a rolling 30 day to just a 30 day like the rest of the ISP's?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Shamo

Switched over to digiweb about a month ago, didn't know they had a usage page. Can someone give me the link?

the stats are here. http://mytraffic.digiweb.ie/ For metro anyway not sure about the rest of there services

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

Stokolan wrote:
    the stats are here. http://mytraffic.digiweb.ie/ For metro anyway not sure about the rest of there services

I never knew you could check your traffic. They never said anything about it

I got an email about it a couple months ago when they first started it. had that link in it. I think there was a big post about it too. as it when i also found out about the rolling cap :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭kensutz

Does anyone know if they're resetting the cap each month instead of this crap rolling cap.

Whats a rolling cap?

Its a funny one. Ill try explain it.

They give you a cap of 30 gig over a 30 day period. Rather then reset the cap after 30 days they subtract what you have downloaded each day that goes over the 30 days. So say you download 5 gig on the first day of the month and on the 31st you have 15 gig used. well the next day that 5 gig that you downed the first day will be taken off and your cap will be back to 10 etc.

Its not a bad system sloiws people from abusing downloads. but it does make it hard when you are getting legit stuff.
    I hope it makes sense.

Yeah thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

My mytraffic doesn't work :( I keep getting 'Could not display your bandwidth statistics'. Anyone else having the same trouble?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 krajicek

Sico wrote:
    My mytraffic doesn't work :( I keep getting 'Could not display your bandwidth statistics'. Anyone else having the same trouble?

Yeah, The same for me (couple of weeks already). Wonder if it's because of firewall or somethin.

btw. Is there any metro users forum on the web?
    kr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 919 ✭✭✭timeout

Actually I'm only after getting metro setup and would be interested to know a couple of things. Metro users forum sounds good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

I've been told by the support email answering guy (who takes a fu<king MONTH on average to reply, by the way) that their script should work off your IP address (although he said before that it works off your MAC address, so I don't know what to believe), so a firewall shouldn't make any difference. I even tried from a single PC connected directly to the EMTA to rule out any possibility that the proxy server was causing any problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 krajicek

just checkin' if anybody get this sorted? me seeing still the same mesage 'Could not display your bandwidth statistics.' i'm on metro in D7.
    kr.
    krajicek wrote:
    Sico wrote:
    My mytraffic doesn't work I keep getting 'Could not display your bandwidth statistics'. Anyone else having the same trouble?

Yeah, The same for me (couple of weeks already). Wonder if it's because of firewall or somethin.

btw. Is there any metro users forum on the web?
    kr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Mines working OK here in Limerick. WiFi on a LAN connected via NAT / Firewall.

But if I connect to a VPN the IP of the Gateway to Internet of the remote network is what is seen, so I get 'Could not display your bandwidth statistics'.

So it's possible some sort of strange Firewall or Proxy muight have the same effect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 377 ✭✭CarefulNow

Thanks for the link but it keeps on saying "Could not display your bandwidth statistics.". I turned off my firewall and I still get that message.

Advertisement