Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

smart again

• 01-07-2006 1:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭

I am asking here before calling smart, because i truly hate the joke of customer service they provide ("there are fourty four callers ahead of you" is just a starter).
    Has smart changed the way they filter the connection? It's been second day I can't log on to some web based accounts (ie. meteor.ie), neither I can make an FTP connection to some hosts I am sure work ok from different locations. My router has been connected for 21 days (just restarted, it didn't help, turned firewall off, didn't help).
    Is anybody experiencing similar problems with smart now?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

selekta wrote:
    I am asking here before calling smart, because i truly hate the joke of customer service they provide ("there are fourty four callers ahead of you" is just a starter).
    Has smart changed the way they filter the connection? It's been second day I can't log on to some web based accounts (ie. meteor.ie), neither I can make an FTP connection to some hosts I am sure work ok from different locations. My router has been connected for 21 days (just restarted, it didn't help, turned firewall off, didn't help).
    Is anybody experiencing similar problems with smart now?

Try posting at http://support.smarttelecom.ie/forums/index.php?

However there are no posts there at the moment which would suggest your problem is widespread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

selekta wrote:
    (ie. meteor.ie)
    I'm on smart and have no problem logging into my meteor... though the ssl login to bt-ireland is incredably slow, I'm not sure if that's just BTs crappy website though.
    Haven't had any trouble with other sites at all.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

My Meteor works fine here too on a Smart BB connection

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭selekta

It went back to okay last Sunday. A few domains (including a major hosting company and sites hosted that were accessible from everywhere else) weren't visible Friday afternoon and all Saturday - those were the FTP hosts I couldn't reach.

Today - can't log on to www.meteor.ie again (I could easily from work)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Did you try posting on the Smart support forum?

• Advertisement
Advertisement