Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quake Scene in Ireland

Options
  • 01-07-2006 8:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭

So is there still one for Quake 4 or 3? Just wondering, cause this forum seems to be dead.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

Much to my dismay, I don't think a Quake 4 scene ever started here because of the reviews the game got (even though I have it and love it). It'd be hard to get one started I reckon, 99% of Irish PC FPS-heads are still creaming over CS:Source and getting it to run in DX7 so they can have millisecond advantages over each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭djmarkus

I still think theres a good demand for quake3, you'd seldom not see it at any lan party.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

It wasn't the reviews. I think most of the old players still interested in the game bought Q4. The reactions were mixed ranging from intense dislike to those hopeful the problems would be fixed in later patches. Unfortunately since it was practically unplayable at release interest died pretty quickly. While there may be a few Irish players still playig it I haven't noticed much of a community around it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Hrm, after the perfection (in my opinion anyway) of Quake 3 deathmatch playing Quake 4 for the first time was such a let down. It is just too slow paced, the weapons don't seem balanced and..I duno, it just doesnt feel right. Note, I was playing the fully patched version too so it had no excuse.

Quake 3 is still king of DM in my mind anyway and despite the fact the scene doesn't seem THAT big over here I still play it every lunch time at work and make sure its played at every LAN I attend. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

No Quake 3 or 4 scene in Ireland really... a few people still playing Q3, a few still playing Q4, and a few playing QW.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭ste

Illkillya wrote:
    No Quake 3 or 4 scene in Ireland really... a few people still playing Q3, a few still playing Q4, and a few playing QW.

qw, now thats something I wouldn't mind having a bash of again... surely the purest and best game ever made?

Is there any popular servers?

Nothing really compares to the team games of quake

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭RapierX

i play quake 3 a good few nights a week mainly on the xs4all clan arena and ctf servers

Advertisement