Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any point in complaining?

• 01-07-2006 11:27am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭

I did a bit of downloading yeaterday 30th June. I haven't done any downloading today, other than surfing and emails and my download limit says I have downloaded 4.66 gigs on 1st July!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Is there any point in trying to get it reset? Bloody cheek!

Kevin

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

If you are using a wireless router you may have someone highjacking your network!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭kleefarr

I am using a wireless network, but it's fully protected. Firewalled and 128bit encryption.
    Just did a file sharing and common ports test here.. Shields Up!

Results..

File sharing
    filesharing.jpg

Common ports
    commonports.jpg

Seems ok, same as usual.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Foxwood

kleefarr wrote:
    I did a bit of downloading yeaterday 30th June. I haven't done any downloading today, other than surfing and emails and my download limit says I have downloaded 4.66 gigs on 1st July!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Is there any point in trying to get it reset? Bloody cheek!
    The figures are updated overnight. So there's no point in trying to get it reset - it's ging to be counted in the numbers measured on July 1st, even if you did the downloading on June 30th.

And before you go off in high dudgeon, see if you can find anything in the T&C that refers to a "calendar month". I don't think you'll find it, so you don't really have a leg to stand on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

UTV, yes/no. If yes, they've done it many times before. They reset the counter a day or two before the end of the month meaning what you downloaded after that comes off the next months allowance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Foxwood

kleefarr wrote:
    I am using a wireless network, but it's fully protected. Firewalled and 128bit encryption.
    Just did a file sharing and common ports test here.. Shields Up!
    Which tells you absolutelynothing about whether your network is being hijacked.

But it's probably not - you said yourself that you downloaded a boatload yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Guess I'll forget about it then. If I'm over by the end of the month hopefully it will just get ignored.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

kleefarr wrote:
    ...128bit encryption...
    If that is WEP encryption you may assume that your network is open and available. Not being a scare monger but 128 WEP cn be cracked in about 5 or 10 minutes. If you're using WPA[2] you're wireless should be fine.

Throw on some MAC Filtering as well.

Advertisement