Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The El vs the World Cup

• 01-07-2006 12:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

World Cup 3 Pats 0 3rd worst crowd ever last night, Star reckons Cork also had their worst crowd too.

Seems to be that way for everyone, feel sorry for anyone who clashes with brazil games :D

Few Sligo fans summed it up perfectly last night, at half time about 10 of them poured (literally) poured out of Coffees all stonkingly drunk (3 couldnt walk and were being dragged) tried to make it up to the ground after watching the 1st half of italy game rather than going into the game, they made it as far as mc Dowells where they fell in and got more beer and watched Italy.

Should we have moved our games around the WC or feck it and hope the fans come back next week?

kdjac

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

During the break the following games were on Fridays nights (which Ill use as the majority play Friday):

Poland Vs Ecuador
    Mexico Vs Angola

Post Break:
    France Vs Togo in a must win game
    Italy Vs Ukraine in a 1/4 final

Not to mention whoever has a game tonight is clashes with Brazil France, and next saturday it clashes with the 3rd place play off.

Whoever dremt up of this break was most certainly a moron, and clubs should look for compensation for loss of earning, and being victims of stupidity.

Last night, for the first time ever, I didnt bother going back in after a half time pint. The match on the tv, coupled with it being UCD done ot for me.

Re the crowd, I recjon 1000 max in Turners Cross :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Pat McCAullive sait there was 3000 at the Cork City game.

I thought the Inchicore side of the ground was closed at Richmond, would that not be a bigger reason for the poor turnout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

We pushed about 1000 with about 150 Sligo fans.

Was more pats fans last week vs UCD seemed Italy too good a draw, but few of my mates didnt comeback for 2nd half....oh how i taunted them as we scored 2 screamers :D

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Pat McCAullive sait there was 3000 at the Cork City game.

I thought the Inchicore side of the ground was closed at Richmond, would that not be a bigger reason for the poor turnout.

Jaysus from 1000 to 3000 thats a minor difference :D

The inchicore end was closed as its a big feckin hole in the ground now and will be until the Millenium (yes due to be completed in 2000 ) stand is built :( Just meant anyone on the Camac side had to walk around tru the shed.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Anto McC

It was the same at the Shels - Pats match last Tuesday!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

The crowds in Dalyer are waning badly also, but me hates to admit thats for other reasons, tho the WC does contribute too. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭johnos

TheGooner wrote:
    The crowds in Dalyer are waning badly also, but me hates to admit thats for other reasons, tho the WC does contribute too. :(
    There's not much we can do about the WC. It's a fact of life. The same cannot be said for our performances and their effect on attendance.

Advertisement