Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sony offers free launch title with PS3 preorders in Germany

• 01-07-2006 12:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭

Thought this was interesting..anyone dare hope we'll see the same promotion here?

Sony in Germany is co-ordinating with retailers to offer those who pre-order a PS3 in July their choice of the following games, free:

Eye of Judgement
    Formula 1 2006
    Genji 2
    Resistance: Fall of Man
    MotorStorm
    SingStar
    Lair

You can check the offer out for yourself, it's on the front page at www.amazon.de. Apparently a similar deal is also being offered by Toys R' Us in Australia, so maybe it'll be a more generally available offer? I asked in GAME yesterday if they knew when preorders would be starting here, but they're still clueless.

Fingers crossed..with all the talk of expensive games, I think it's funny Sony might give you one free ;)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

is SONY offering it, or amazon?

if it is sony, then i'd say it's likely to spread as a worldwide thing. because that'd really take a bit of the sting out of the pricetag

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

It's Sony. The other retailers in Germany have the exact same offer. Amazon even says themselves that the whole preorder scheme is brought to you by "Amazon and Sony Computer Entertainment Germany".

Apparently the whole preordering process will be "official", in that everything is registered with Sony themselves (perhaps this will allow them to control the preorder numbers, and prioritise stock etc.). You get a little booklet from Sony when you preorder, and a voucher for your game.

sounds very interesting indeed. come on sony ireland, get the finger out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

I like the idea of official preorders, it's too much of a lottery with game shops I find.

And a free game is obviously nice too. I wonder will there be much in the way of freebies on the hard drive. With a full OS installed you'd expect a few casual games in there. Or maybe something like GT4HD, considering they've gone to the trouble of developing it and it certainly won't be a full retail game.

Aye, I'm wondering myself. I was/am thinking they would chuck a Blu-ray movie in with it, or maybe a DVD/Blu-ray comparison disc to highlight the benefit of buying Blu-ray movies, since I'm sure they'll be pushing that angle hard. Some game demos on the HDD could be a possibility if they were ready in time (more of a convenience than anything else, to save you the download). Looking forward to seeing what's in there.

• Advertisement

LookingFor wrote:
    Aye, I'm wondering myself. I was/am thinking they would chuck a Blu-ray movie in with it, or maybe a DVD/Blu-ray comparison disc to highlight the benefit of buying Blu-ray movies, since I'm sure they'll be pushing that angle hard. Some game demos on the HDD could be a possibility if they were ready in time (more of a convenience than anything else, to save you the download). Looking forward to seeing what's in there.

yeah, while we're on the whole idea, sony may as well push everything they've got that's new on the system (we are paying top dollar for it anyway)... free game, blu-ray movie (spiderman2, i bet you!) and maybe some free credit for their online store thing... just to get people in the door

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Wonder will this be limited to the first batch or untill they run out of games.

Ciaran500 wrote:
    Wonder will this be limited to the first batch or untill they run out of games.

As of now, you must preorder in July to get your voucher. I think they probably want to get preorderers out early to help their planning. Presumably they'll provide for any and all preorders made in July..I don't know how many units that would cover.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭weemcd

Singstar? Fúck me, what a waste of resources playing singstar on a ps3, jesus.

Aside from that, it does take a little of the ps3 sting away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I contacted Sony Ireland about this...

http://www.irishgamer.ie/news.php?id=47&page=1

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,645 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Sounds like the ideal way to take the pricing sting down a peg or two, better if they just lowered the price by €70 or so instead and left the choice of game to us.

Advertisement