Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tv Repairs

• 01-07-2006 12:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭

Hi lads,

I tried this search in the search function but nothing relevant comes up.
    Does anyone know where I could get a 28" philips tv repaired?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 132 ✭✭shortlegs

No idea about limerick but these guys are in my area so you should find them by word of mouth or local press. Be careful though some will take it from you, tell you its buggered and charge you for the "trouble" - that's what happened to me with my camcorder - big nationwide electronics retailer in Galway told me it would cost 220 euro + 20 euro deposit to have it repaired (cost IR£350 originally) - I said "no", -forfeited the 20 euro - gave it to one of these local repair guys who charged me 30euro to tell me it was busted.

Some days later before I skipped it gave it to my "gadgety" next - door neighbour who fixed it in 10 mins. (eject button stuck - that's all) and told me that it had never been dismantled before I gave it to him.

Anyway, what happened your Tv?, because my philips 28" widescreen went dead yesterday with a bang and a puff of smoke:mad: ...after just 7 years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 132 ✭✭shortlegs

Actually I think the best guys to approach are ones who are not into retailing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭irishproduce

The television is only about 4-5 years old but I have not used it for a year now.
    About 1 year ago i noticed that when I turned the telly on it would take about 5-10 mins for the screen to appear (I would only have a black screen with sound).
    As time went by the time it took fior the picture to be displayed got longer and longer until 1 day it took about 15 mins and that was when I knew it was gone, however the sound is perfect.
    Since I have not used it for 1 year my dog ate the plug and as you know this is not one of those easy to assemble plugs i.e. peel back the wire to reveal the old style brown blue green wires.
    Any ideas as to what I can do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭irishproduce

does anyone have anything more to add here. Anyone know what is wrong with it

Advertisement