Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contract Free Broadband!?

• 01-07-2006 3:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭

Hi,
    Would like to know if anyone knows of a Contract free broadband provider!? I recently cancelled NTL as they required to have the Cable TV connected to get Broadband and the bill was just too much! as I had no use for Cable TV!
    I'm now looking to get broadband and all providers have a contract of between 6 months to a year!? Isn't there anyone which doesn't require a contract!? I'm asking this as I should be moving house in 3-4 months time! I have an eircom line And I really require broadband for this duration!? If there is no provider then anyone have any ideas what I can do!?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

If you are in their coverage area and can put up with them, Irish Broadband Ripwave has no contract. You just pay a month in advance. Somewhere between €18 to €20.

It's only 512Kb:128Kb but it should do for the short term until you move.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Foxwood

rash0001 wrote:
    I'm now looking to get broadband and all providers have a contract of between 6 months to a year!? Isn't there anyone which doesn't require a contract!? I'm asking this as I should be moving house in 3-4 months time! I have an eircom line And I really require broadband for this duration!? If there is no provider then anyone have any ideas what I can do!?
    The providers costs are front-loaded - they don't make any money off you in the first few months, because they have the "overhead cost" of getting you set up. So a 3 month contract is going to cost more per month than a 6 month contract - but a lot less that buying "per hour" or "per day" access at a wireless hotspot.

Your only real option is to get the 6 month contract and pay the cancellation penalty - you might get lucky and get away with it, especially if you can transfer the account to the new address, but a short term contract will cost more than the normal term.

Advertisement