Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suckling Pig?

• 01-07-2006 4:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 558 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where I'd get a suckling pig for spit roasting?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

How many people are you thinking of feeding? I would have a contact and was speaking to him recently about this, apparently you want a suckling pig for two people, they are also quite expensive.
    He also reckoned some people would eat a whole one cos they are so tasty.

He is the son of a pig farmer by the way, so should know his stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 558 ✭✭✭fathersymes

Ok!, It looks like I need something a bit bigger than that as it's for a party (30 people).

Great if you could PM the contact details. Also do you know where I'd hire a spit roast barbeque setup.

Ok!, It looks like I need something a bit bigger than that as it's for a party (30 people).

Great if you could PM the contact details. Also do you know where I'd hire a spit roast barbeque setup.

I can ask him first if he has the details, when is this for? I am expecting a contact from him anyday now.

There is a guy who drives around with a spit-roaster on the back of a trailer and he does the whole lot for about €1200 as far as I know, I went with pit-roasting myself when I was looking at this a while back, as it was cheaper, I did it all by myself and all I needed was a hole in the ground and some rocks.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=277672&referrerid=59211&highlight=pit+roast

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 558 ✭✭✭fathersymes

Thanks, I need the pig for Saturday 15th July. I think I have a company that rents electric spits. I think a 30LB pig is what I need.

Thanks, I need the pig for Saturday 15th July. I think I have a company that rents electric spits. I think a 30LB pig is what I need.

I'll have words with him, like I say I'm expecting him to contact me any day.
    He'll give me the contact numbers or whatever you need when I speak to him.

If I dont get back on here with a number before the end of the week then look at other options as it would be too tight timewise for you otherwise.

• Advertisement
Advertisement