Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graphics stalling/freezing

Options
  • 01-07-2006 4:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭

i just have a quick question, when i start to play call of duty 2 multiplayer and i join onto any server the game stalls for a few seconds after i've moved a few feet. It never did this before but it's started to happen recently. I thought it was a problem with the game cause the sound started to go as well so i reinstalled it and also reinstalled patch 1.3. It turned out it was my sound card, but the stalling still remains. I have no problem after this happen and the game runs smoothly, but its really annoying. I have a 6600gt and i have installed the latest nvidia drivers. I was just wondering if anyone knows the reason or if its happened to them why its happened? i'm running the game at 800 by 600 for better frame rates and i've switched to onboard sound cause my sound card is broken. Any help would be appreciated thanks:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I have a problem similar to that on my 6400. The game runs perfectly fine but on rare occassions it just stops and the sound sticks - its almost like it's crashed, but it goes away after 20 seconds and the game is fine again. Sometimes it happens twice an hour, other times it doesn't happen at all.....

Advertisement