Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

91 honda civic oil leak

Options
  • 01-07-2006 5:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭

evening petrol heads, my aunt is getting her new car soon and shes giving me her old civic free, she just said that its leaking a bit of oil that is only a recent problem as she just got the car NCT'd in may. just wondering what would it take to get it pur right

Thanks

-VB-

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

could be a lot of things, from a loose filter or sump plug, cracked sump to something more sinister. you'd have to see where the oil is coming from really

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

If its an oil seal you can put an additive in with the oil that swells the seals that are leaking. Its really not worth taking the car apart at its age and all that. Innovation are the company that I get the stuff from but others do it too. A good motor factors should be your first port of call.

a lot of unscrupulous traders use products to mask engine probs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

Well in fairness a lot of these products are for older cars whereby the repair would cost more than the car is worth. I wouldn't be using any of this stuff on any of my cars of course.;) :)

but of course :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

thanks for the replys!

looks like a trip to halfors are in order!

thanks again

-VB-

Advertisement