Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much is your SSIA worth?

Options
  • 01-07-2006 8:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭

Well folks how much? Mine comes out this month and Ill get a cool 12k for the trouble :D and you know what the great thing is? Im a bloody student :D Youse working folk should have a lot more than that :cool:

Anyhow what are ye all going to spend it on?

How much is your SSIA worth? 11 votes

<1500
    0% 0 votes
    1500 - 4999
    0% 0 votes
    5000 - 9999
    18% 2 votes
    10000 - 14999
    27% 3 votes
    15000 - 25000
    54% 6 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Every1 must be shy or think im nosey :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Mine doesn't mature until next year but as it was one of the worst performing equities and shares suffered earlier this year I think I will try to leave it invested so I ain't going to see it for a while yet :(

Just thought I'd post so you didn't feel ignored ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭hamster

Well, I had it fully invested in equity with EBS all the way through. I got 23K this week (had max contributions). I'm reinvesting it long term with Quinn Life gradually by putting 5% of the lumpsum per month in. The declining lumpsum will gain interest with Northern Rock until it's all reinvested.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

How much is your SSIA worth?

€0 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Selik

Cashed mine in the other day for around €15700k.

Alot of it's already gone though to pay off credit card and other recent short term loans.... :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭mell61

Mine doesn't mature until next year, but in Jan it was worth Eu12k, but its tied up in equities and this was pre the recent wobble in the market.
    I'll just have to wait and see what its worth at the end, but planning on continueing to invest it going forward... It didn't hurt as much as I expected, and gradually increasing it across the 4+ years makes me think I can easily (or maybe not easily, but without as much pain as I might expect) load more on going forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

An anonymous poll would have been a good idea ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Poll Added.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

stepbar wrote:
    Poll Added.

No option for 'not yet matured'! :(
    Oh well, I guess that mySQl or ORACLE IT database you are building will have to wait :D

Advertisement