Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your LEAST favourite Irish county???

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Dublin

it is a **** hole, hate the place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 marissa

dublin: scangers.

cavan: people are stingy

louth: even thou im from it.. worst has 2 be people..sowwy :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭SpAcEd OuT

Cork, they act as if being Cork is actually something to be proud of

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Teg Veece

It seems most people who said Cork are from Dublin.
    Who mentioned a chip in their shoulder? ;)

Worst county; Galway.

That's based purely on the fact that the only time I've been there, it rained.

Kerry because I've lived there for 10 years and it depresses me. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

If I have to choose one then it would be Galway. I love the scenery, and like the city but most of the people are just anti-Dublin for the sake of it. Now, there's a county with a massive chip on its shoulder!

That narrow-mindedness just bugs me tbh..

• Registered Users Posts: 43,913 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Dublin no question!

Arrived in from Belgium last Monday night and saw 2 seperate incidents of people pissing openly on the street within half an hour of being off the flight. :eek: Knew i was back in good ol' welcoming Ireland at this stage.

But just never liked the city much overall..

PS - don't like Sligo much either though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

r3nu4l wrote:
    If I have to choose one then it would be Galway. I love the scenery, and like the city but most of the people are just anti-Dublin for the sake of it. Now, there's a county with a massive chip on its shoulder!

That narrow-mindedness just bugs me tbh..

Are you sure your talking about Galway????? I have a few mates living here from Dublin and they love it ,dont find it to be Anti-Dublin whatsoever.Sure a bit of banter goes on now and again but its usually just a bit of light hearted fun,i guess it depends on how serious you take it.

I would have to say Westmeath, soley because i dont like Athlone.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Meath and Moooonaghan, easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

Waterford.

They hate Dubs, and there's heaps of Travellers there, a little interbreeding also, keep to their own.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

carlow, they're far too quiet down there, can't be up to any good

the midlands, should be flooded and made into an aquatic theme park.

Award for improvement: Meath, Apparently used to be some kind of county but has since been upgraded to a suburb of Dublin. Will be fully colonised by 2015

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭solskjaer20

Surely Belfast is the second city then?

Thats my point.

Anyways I really would hate to live anywhere in the midlands.
    Especially Longford I'd say. I've been there dozens of times and its always raining, whether it be December ot July opr whenever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Naked Lepper

anywhere in the north. hate nothern ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Trix

no votes fow wicklow yet. yipee! (this does not mean you all need to start voting for wicklow). really wish bray wasn't in wicklow. its an awful hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,290 ✭✭✭Ardent

Mayo.

As my uncle said once: "It's a hungry looking county" ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,940 ✭✭✭pclancy

Being from Laois i'm dissapointed that it was only mentioned a few times. It has to be one of the worst counties by far. The Midlands in general suck tho. Carlow, Laois, Offaly, Longford and Meath are all boggy, flat boring places with feck all decent scenery. I love the whest, south and north. Dublin just makes me angry because of spending about two years of my life in traffic there.

How can anyone say they dont like the Arann Islands?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭sioda

Carlow its a figment of all irish peoples imagination.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

ThrownAway wrote:
    Limerick :mad:

What a horrible, horrible place.

It's so depressing. Everything about the place is in need of modernizing. Anyone ever see the Roches it looks like it's from the 70s :D
    i knew we were going to appear at least once lol
    ill admit that roches building is a disgrace but the rest are better
    im from the country though

for me id say tipperary or galway but thats just becuase they've always kind of been our rivals nothing much against them really

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭arctic lemur

julep wrote:
    i hate you both.

westmeath. it's just there. it doesn't do anything. i don't see the point of it.
    it should just be part of meath proper and then meath could be its own province and it could have a king and be called the kingdom of meath.

No way Westmeath has a lot of interesting things. I hate Dublin with a vengeance, horrible polluted smelly place THe inhabitants are all 'hows it goin bud? the accent is so awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Only time I've ever used Bud in a sentence was when ordeing a pint. Will have to go with Cork on this one.

Reasons

1. Murphy's

2. Arrogance, fine you can be the capital, nobody outside of Cork cares

3. The accent

4. Langer

5. Roy Keane

6. Hatred of Dublin, again we don't care whether you like us or not

Although points gained for being a decent pub town (better than Galway in my opinion) and the Cork bloke I met in Switzerland who hated Roy Keane

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭antSionnach

wicklow (people smell of bog)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭EWheelChair

Belfast

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭fuzzywiggle

Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

I live in Meath and its a kip, gone really downhill since its been infected with the hordes of dubs that now commute to work from meath, lots a skangers and baseball hats about these days.

has no really decent place for nightlife either, although very few counties do.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

As opposed to the hordes of Meath men who have been coming to Dublin for years? Jesus, get over the Dublin thing, will you? Cannot stand these people who go on about hating Dublin so much, chances are, they'll end up studying, working or living here at some stage in their life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Def Roscommon without a doubt, Mayo and Louth a close second and third.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

i'm surprised by all the cork sentiment. But i suppose when i think about it i can see where it comes from. Lots of cork folk are quite odd and have their own unique humour which is hard to get used to.

Pubs n clubs n music is quite good though.

I was out last night for the Hip-Hop week and the city was a right kip too, it stank like my slip on vagabonds (christ they stink)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

i'm surprised by all the cork sentiment. But i suppose when i think about it i can see where it comes from. Lots of cork folk are quite odd and have their own unique humour which is hard to get used to.

Pubs n clubs n music is quite good though.

I was out last night for the Hip-Hop week and the city was a right kip too, it stank like my slip on vagabonds (christ they stink)
    Rollo Tomasi you are so a troll. And you fcuking know it buddy. Stop the trolling or Pighead will piss on your hair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭whassupp2

stepbar wrote:
    Def Roscommon without a doubt, Mayo and Louth a close second and third.....

Why, they'd be on my favourites list

Advertisement