Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your LEAST favourite Irish county???

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Cork is a great place in my opinion, and being from Galway myself, I would actually have to agree with Daveirl - it's not the wonderful and unique place people seem to eagerly try and paint it as, its a small city with absolutely brutal traffic problems and a serious after-dark problem.

It's gotten ridiculous, especially the after dark problem, have been in several and witnessed several very serious scraps outside nightclubs that sparked off for literally no reason other then some knacker wanted a fight to finish up his night. Fair enough you say, with drink there's always fights, no matter where you are. But the fact is I've never been out in Galway without seeing at least one serious fight breaking out over absolutely nothing, in fact, I usually see several. Have not seen this to the same extent elsewhere, in Ireland or even other countries

By day though, and when the traffics not bad, it can be a nice place :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

daveirl wrote:
    This post has been deleted.

I likes your style, but a bit harsh on Galway and ye shot Collins and gave the world O'Gara so Cork has it's faults.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

1. Cork - the accent is just vile
    2. Tipperary - haven't met a decent person from Tipp yet (if you are a decent person from Tipp please PM me :) )
    3. Armagh - for reasons of Portadown being a nasty enough town, and for reasons of them beating Donegal in the last GAA final.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

HavoK wrote:
    Cork is a great place in my opinion, and being from Galway myself, I would actually have to agree with Daveirl - it's not the wonderful and unique place people seem to eagerly try and paint it as, its a small city with absolutely brutal traffic problems and a serious after-dark problem.

It's gotten ridiculous, especially the after dark problem, have been in several and witnessed several very serious scraps outside nightclubs that sparked off for literally no reason other then some knacker wanted a fight to finish up his night. Fair enough you say, with drink there's always fights, no matter where you are. But the fact is I've never been out in Galway without seeing at least one serious fight breaking out over absolutely nothing, in fact, I usually see several. Have not seen this to the same extent elsewhere, in Ireland or even other countries

By day though, and when the traffics not bad, it can be a nice place :D

I dunno, you always find fault in your own place, the only huge problem in Galway is the frankly bizarre levels of sexual assualts that occur there. Everything else goes with being a big drinking town.

Belfast
    Antrim?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Crania

Has to be Kilkenny for me becasue they always beat us in the hurling and because the roads there are rubbish and because there is no real good town except for Kilkenny City(which is the worst city in the world)!! There is beatiful scenery there though I must say.

Have never liked Offaly either mainly for GAA reasons, I haven't actually ever been to the county but from what I hear its full of bogs. And biffos are cute hoors, wouldn't trust them as far as I could throw them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭New_Departure06

Cork because I lost my motorbike there once. Found it later but only after 5 hours walking around in circles. I was new to Cork and found the layout of the city and course of the river very confusing. I particularly resented the ultra-steep hills and the swarm of bees that crashed into my visor on the way to the city - perhaps a sign of a curse?!??! :) .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

Cork because I lost my motorbike there once. Found it later but only after 5 hours walking around in circles. I was new to Cork and found the layout of the city and course of the river very confusing. I particularly resented the ultra-steep hills and the swarm of bees that crashed into my visor on the way to the city - perhaps a sign of a curse?!??! :) .

it's odd alright.... especially the way the roads seem to bend around the corners when you get close, and the river has a road going over it too, i think it's called a bridge actually...i'll have to look into that one for you

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

it's odd alright.... especially the way the roads seem to bend around the corners when you get close, and the river has a road going over it too, i think it's called a bridge actually...i'll have to look into that one for you
    Rollo Tomasi you are so a troll. And you fcuking know it buddy. Stop the trolling or Pighead will do a poo on your forehead.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

that be trice times you got the spelling of my name wrong. What is wrong with you dighead?

(did you see what i did there? , anyone? anyone? Bueller?)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Pighead knows what you are Rollo.
    Rollo Tamasi = I am so a troll.
    Nice try Rollo or should that be Trollo.
    Pigheads work here is done.

CoolCiaran wrote:
    I haven't actually ever been to the county but from what I hear its full of bogs.
    And Wexford doesn't have a single bog :rolleyes: perhaps you should research into where Ireland's boglands actually are. there are a lot in Offaly yes, but there is bog in Wexford too believe it or not. Secondly you should go to a county before you judge.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭themonk

cant believe anybody has not mentioned the mecca of rednecks ..... secretly the home of ballydung itself .... Mayo

hows she cuttin theeerrreee

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭DéiseGirl

Collie D wrote:

the Cork bloke I met in Switzerland who hated Roy Keane

No way was he from Cork :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

I am from Dublin but I think Dublin people can be the most insular, ignorant people I have ever met. You know the type who think people from other parts of Ireland are all bony arsed bogmen and who will only go on hoildays in places that are full of Irish people.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Lux23 wrote:
    I am from Dublin but I think Dublin people can be the most insular, ignorant people I have ever met. You know the type who think people from other parts of Ireland are all bony arsed bogmen and who will only go on hoildays in places that are full of Irish people.

Trust me my friend, there are plenty of country people like that too! It's less to do with where you are from and more to do with how you are raised!

As for going on holidays only where there are Irish people, a few friends from college were from Galway, Cork and Ennis respectively and always went away on package holidays and met the same crowd of Irish people every year in the same resort packed with Irish. The herd mentality! :rolleyes: I always try to immerse myself in local culture and steer clear of anywhere packed with Irish or English yobs, or any yobs for that matter!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

D&#233 wrote: »
    No way was he from Cork :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I know, strange but true. Oh and the Cork guy who mentioned that you gave us Michael Collins, I seem to remember that you also shot him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Cork is a lovely place, it only has one problem really Cork people.

Yeah Cork gets my vote.
    Followed by Tipp
    Then Clare

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭dream brother

Bambi wrote:
    carlow, they're far too quiet down there, can't be up to any good

haha carlow gonna take over, OH YEAH!
    p.s. i hate cavan, hateful basta*rds

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

HavoK wrote:
    . But the fact is I've never been out in Galway without seeing at least one serious fight breaking out over absolutely nothing, in fact, I usually see several. :D

HavoK mate, either you dont go at much at night,you go looking for trouble or you frequent the Westside Tavern(and you wont see a fight everynight in there),but there is no way you could witness one or several serious fights breaking out everynight your out.Ive been going out in Galway for the last 11 years and ive seen some serious **** in my time but nowhere near everynight im out, i think your completley exaggerating.
    If you think fighting is bad now its just aswell you werent around the Salthill days when Vagabonds and the Castle were open,they mainly consited of mass brawls.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Absolutely Cork. Full of arrogant people. The whole 'People's republic of Cork booooy' thing really does my head in. And the accent. Eddie Hobbs' voice just goes through me.

Followed by Kerry since I broke my ankle in Dingle last year. Other than that it has to be Louth for having the most repulsive accent, and yes, it is even worse than Cork tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Angels

oh gosh let me think a while there now amamamamamama oh yes of course Dublin. Very dirty city. I was there recently, wearing sandles & noticed my feet were black from just walking around the city (sarcastic people it wasn't cause there were dirty before then, 'I'm a lady').

Limerick is my second choice dunno why just don't like the place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭Darren

Caark by a zillion miles booooooooooooooyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

Can't stand 'em. If I am in company and I find one of the people is from Cork I have to walk away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭antSionnach

Munster actually, but Cork in particular. Its so annoying when they ask you something because they dont get anything. Like this Cork wan ( asking me where the 11a goes

Me: Clonskeagh
    Yer one: Looks at me like Ive two heads and then looks at husband/ father/ son (who knows) "Wheres that?"
    Me: Ranelagh?
    Yer wan: Ah no, we want to go to Leeesan Street like
    Me: Oh yeah it goes there
    Yer one: "????" muttering in corkspeak
    Husband etc: (looking at me) Jaysus... (hurries off)
    Me: Jaysus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

daveirl wrote:

hahahaha!

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Surrender

Limerick sucks balls, depressing s**t-hole of a place

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

daveirl wrote:

Me too, i think they actually think they are upsetting us with their remarks. They are all jealous! Jealous i tell ye!!!!

Advertisement