Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your LEAST favourite Irish county???

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭ClareBear

Ye do realise that pretty much 90% of Cork people don't have a chip on their shoulder and only go along with all that real capital stuff just to annoy Dubs? And it works....:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭antSionnach

its not even an competition or argument the thread is about what county you dislike most and why, who cares if a lot of people hate cork a lot of people hate other counties and nobody's complaining. Its opinions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

its not even an competition or argument the thread is about what county you dislike most and why, who cares if a lot of people hate cork a lot of people hate other counties and nobody's complaining. Its opinions

But...but, this..is..BOARDS.IE. Of course people's opinions are going to rub some other people up the wrong way...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Funnily although some of my favourite places are there, it has to be Cork. The second city syndrome gets on my nerves. All this Cork patriotism. Those Replublica De La Cork t-shirts, in particular, make me puke.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭homah_7ft

This thread reminds me what it was like to be 12. Ah the memories. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36 LowTek

poobum wrote:
    cork!!!!!!!! arseholes!!!(ones i met anyway)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

surely you can remember events from last year without a prompt? :D
    homah_7ft wrote:
    This thread reminds me what it was like to be 12. Ah the memories. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭InFront

Cork

ive got no problem with the people from there in general, but the ones ive met have all been quite irritating tbh. Theyre normal enough of course, but the accent does my head in. I have a hard enough time with the northern accent the cork one is much worse. So I just nod and hope for the best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Dec McC

Dublin. Think they are always right and better than everyone else!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭InFront

Dec McC wrote:
    Dublin. Think they are always right and better than everyone else!

No. youre wrong there.

(joke)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭DamienH

SpAcEd OuT wrote:
    Cork, they act as if being Cork is actually something to be proud of
    I don't see why I shouldn't be proud of being from cork. A kerryman should be proud of being from kerry ,dubliner of dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

westmeath,the most backward place i`ve been in

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Bodhidharma

Normally i wouldn't go back and read 7 pages of posts, but this is funny.

Cork isn't great but its home.

Dublin: The words that spring to mind

Dirty
    Rip off
    Smelly
    Rush
    Scumbags
    Bad language ( Does everyone in that county swear, loudly an in public?)
    Horrible accent

BTW i like KIlkenny, nice lil place.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

Cork,

Some dump. I hate the place. They think they're so cool with their own slang terms and their own language thing going on. It's replusive to be quite frank. Des Bishop is the only half decent person from Cork i know and he's a joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Bixmoo

Limerick city is depressing, and there seems to be a very high percentage of itinerants all around the county.

Cork is a lovely county, but the Cork people get so annoying. Obsessed with themselves and the fact they're from Cork. They go around trying to convince everyone that Cork is the best place in Ireland and spout so much ****e about what they achieve when in reality it's not a whole lot more than any other county

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

Cork. It's a kip. Smells of eggs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Bixmoo wrote:
    Limerick city is depressing, and there seems to be a very high percentage of itinerants all around the county.

Yeah, but without Limerick the Irish rugby team would be a complete joke. (that probably doesn't matter much to anyone outside Limerick though).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

ClareBear wrote:
    Ye do realise that pretty much 90% of Cork people don't have a chip on their shoulder and only go along with all that real capital stuff just to annoy Dubs? And it works....:D

Belive it doesn;'t have already mentioned that nobody outside of Cork cares what the capital is. Not as if Dubs strut around going "Yeah, I'm from the capital". Has never been an issue. Cork people care about Dublin, not vice versa, to us you're some city with a few good pubs that's a hundred miles away and we can't understanfd a word you say, nothing more, nothing less. Oh, and does anyone else physically want to vomit when they hear Eddie Hobbs' accent? Is he Cork's version of Colin Farrell or is that really how he talks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

Collie D wrote:
    . Cork people care about Dublin

i'd rather you didnt tell us what we "care" about. thanks. We have our own minds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

Tipperary.

May as well be called Killinascully. Filled with boggers who love to go on about who they love to drink and rebel songs. I once went into a bar in Tip (last year) and there was a dj in the corner, playing all ballads and rebel songs, with disco lights. Just wasn't right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

why is cork even being defended.....stop proving our point for us.

I am from clare and put it third on my list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Ice_Box

Hate Dublin the most.
    "Yer in dooblin noew bud".
    Thats for the tip.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Femmy wrote:
    i'd rather you didnt tell us what we "care" about. thanks. We have our own minds.

Only replying to you telling us what we think, no need to get upset

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭Darren

My top ten least favourite Irish counties

10. Cork
    9. Cork
    8. Cork
    7. Cork
    6. Cork
    5. Cork
    4. Cork
    3. Cork
    2. Cork
    1. Cork

Cork CV crosses my desk, it's the bin for 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Kilkenny:(:(:(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Summerjones

Jaysus Cork is getting some bashing in this one! Think it's just the people though that seems to be annoying people here....the county itself is lovely. West Cork is one of the most beautiful places on earth.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭daveyjoe

Why do people get so wound up over the 'People Republic of Cork' thing, it's only a bit of a laugh. If you want to piss off a dub then you just need to mention that you think Cork should be the real capital. I don't think that anybody in cork ACTUALLY thinks that Cork should be the capital of Ireland, it's just a bit of fun and yeah so what if we're proud if being from Cork, we've got as much to be proud of as anyone else.
    I agree with the accent thing but it's limited to certain parts of North Cork.

1. Wexford (Don't get me started on Wexford + I thought they needed a vote)
    2. Parts of North Cork (Some nice people up there but I just find it a bit depressing at times)
    3. Clare (I'm still on the fence about Clare, my opinion is based on one experience).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭gaf1983

Cork because I lost my motorbike there once. Found it later but only after 5 hours walking around in circles. I was new to Cork and found the layout of the city and course of the river very confusing. I particularly resented the ultra-steep hills and the swarm of bees that crashed into my visor on the way to the city - perhaps a sign of a curse?!??! :) .

Yeah Cork city is a bit of a joke, it's shaped a bit like an upside-down wart in my opinion.

Worst counties for me would have to be either Down or Waherford.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Mrs. MacGyver

Jaysus Cork is getting some bashing in this one! Think it's just the people though that seems to be annoying people here....the county itself is lovely. West Cork is one of the most beautiful places on earth.

People from Cork are not annoying and West Cork is lovley.
    I dislike offally and Laois (annoying people and horrible accents). Longford (hardly the most exciting place in Ireland is it?) and Dublin (dont get me started!!!)

Advertisement