Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your LEAST favourite Irish county???

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭iFight

Offaly or Leitrim

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

the delusional views of cork people on the whole peoples republic and real capital thing cracks me up, but not as much as the response of dubs to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭Pocari Sweat

They're all good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭iFight

They're all good.
    You know you secretely hate some county, do tell. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭DonkeyRhubarb

Offaly has to be the worst. I have this irrational hatred for it.

Most of my relatives are from there. I get a terrible feeling off the place. And Clara!?!? Kip of a town. Everyone wants to get out of it.

Other than the Irish Parachute Club, there is nothing good in Offaly. Nothing. NOTHING!!

I HATE IT

<end rant>

:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 Weeshie

I also hate Offaly - hate it, hate it, hate it. Has anyone done a poll to see which county comes out as "most hated" - Cork is a close second for me. Another dive - and they're so far up their own @rses.....just like the Offaly crowd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Pat88

Whats the problem with Offaly? Its no worse than the rest of the country and everybody sound enough

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Its gotta be cork. Just cos they are so proud of themselves.
    WHY???? What the hell do u have to be proud of?
    I mean there are worse places to go, but congratulations to the ppl of Cork for consistently attempting to break the worlds biggest wanker record. Such commitment from such a broad spectrum of the population would be applauded if we didnt hate all of you and wish you would shut up about your biggest county, stick your peoples republic t-shirts up yer hole and do the decent thing and just **** off.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

hopefully this map wil explain why many dubs are perplexed by this thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭Faerie

hey, Cork is a lovely place! Except for the accents....

I hate Dublin though, it's such a dirty, rough city and the county itself has nothing to recommend it! I don't like Limerick either for much the same reasons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭DamienH

lol at the dublin map

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

iFight wrote:
    Offaly or Leitrim

Explain?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

Just cos they are so proud of themselves.

Whats wrong with being proud of your county..? are you not proud of being from..yours?

Sorry did I say proud?
    I meant prvasive arrogance that hangs in the city air like the stale smell of the river.
    Cork isnt a county, its a giant nose looking down on the rest of the country.
    THe county is nice. Shame about who we let in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

So Im allowed to say which county i hate, unless my answer is cork. If I say cork, and I say why, god help me.

At that point I have to be proved wrong by Cork ppl who think Im mad?

Because cork is the greatest place on the planet right?

THATS why I hate cork buddy.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,879 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

daveirl wrote:
    This post has been deleted.

It doesn't piss people off, it just shows how stupid Cork people are.

Claiming to be a People's Republic and the Real Capital at the same time. Serious chip on shoulder with corkies.

Roll on Friday. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

i don't like Cork because Cork people seem to think i'm from Dub-a-lin because i have an extremely mild Dublin twnag in my accent and they give me grief over it. also, the guy at the end of my road is a Cork man and has the loudest voice ever. i'm constantly woken by him having a conversation outside his house. i can hear his voice through double glazed windows.
    on the other hand, i do know a Cork family and they throw great parties with free beer and BBQ and stuff and they're having one on saturday and have invited me. so they're not all bad.

as for offaly, ia friend of mine lived in edenderry for a while. i went down and did some work in his house. i couldn't get out of the place fast enough. it was so ****ing depressing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

cork and most of the 6 nothern counties

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

julep wrote:
    as for offaly, ia friend of mine lived in edenderry for a while. i went down and did some work in his house. i couldn't get out of the place fast enough. it was so ****ing depressing.

As a former resident of Offaly I must agree.. but you will find that Offaly people on tour are great. Every match that Offaly are involved in the fans are great.. much like the Irish footy fans on tour!

IMO Roscommon.. its such a non entity. When would you ever need to go to Roscommon?*

*Rhetorical

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Louth, for the accent and the hatred of anything/anyone who is not from the same street as you

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Cardinal

There're a lot of counties I don't like. In fact, I don't really like any county outside the pale. I'm from Limerick, and Limerick city is good but I don't like Limerick county, Clare or Tipperary because they won't let us expand our city limits. I additionally don't like Tipperary because I got lost there once too and it was horrible. I don't like Offaly and the reasons for this are obvious if you travel from Kildare over the border. Kildare is a very nice county, but then you cross into Offaly and it's like, yuck. Co. Cork isn't great either and the city smells. Kerry is a nice county I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Collie D wrote:
    Louth, for the accent and the hatred of anything/anyone who is not from the same street as you
    Julep sjones or Ruu, do Pighead a favour and ban this phillistine. Just to see if your banning buttons are working. Louth does not belong on this list in any way shape or form. Collie D, you're full of poo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

connundrum wrote:
    IMO Roscommon.. its such a non entity. When would you ever need to go to Roscommon?**Rhetorical

Very true. Roscommon really is a nothing place. Miles and miles of bloody nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭Schuhart

In the absence of a poll, I did a count up as far as post no 205. (I’m very busy today)

Just counting first preferences, and ignoring references to places that are not counties, the running order is:

Cork 35

Dublin 26

Offaly 9

Limerick, Meath, Kilkenny, Laois, Galway and Roscommon all get 4.

Westmeath, Carlow and Tipperary each get 3.

Wexford, Louth, Mayo and Cavan have 2 votes.

Clare, Donegal, Kildare, Monaghan, Kerry, Waterford, Wicklow, Down and Longford each get 1 vote.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

Strike one more up for Cork - ignorant with a whiney accent... but I basing my biased opinion on just one guy I work with how never shuts up about how great Cork is :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

1. Cork, what arrogant dopes, they now think they will win the double in GAA. :D

2. Offaly, what a flat barren hole oh and that Seamus Darby wa*ker.

3. Clare, The county time forgot, Last time I was there the trouble I had in even getting a newspaper, West Clare and the burren are handsome and will rephrase it as East Clare I dislike.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,879 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

netwhizkid wrote:
    1. Cork, what arrogant dopes, they now think they will win the double in GAA. :D

That reminds of one of the funniest things I ever heard. I was in work seven years ago and the radio was on with some mullah from Cork after ringing in to tell everyone how great Cork was, blah, blah, blah.

Anyway he said to the presenter "We're gonna win the quadruple". There was silence for about five seconds as the presenter hadn't a clue what he was going on about (I think Cork had won the hurling and were in the bogball final a week later). When the presenter asked him what he was spouting about the Corkies responded with "Well we're gonna win the football next week and we've already won the hurling and tidy towns and [WAIT FOR IT!!!!].........the champions league"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D And the bloke was serious.

I mean wtf!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Collie D wrote:

Have to agree with this. I hate the way they speak up there.

I hate the way, particularly in Louth, a term of abuse is a term of endearment. E.g. "How's it goin' Dad, ya c**t ye"

I hate the way they end every sentence with the word "hey" - e.g. "How's it goin' ya c**t ye, hey"

I also hate the way they don't pluralise their words properly - e.g. (in the chip shop) "Hows it goin, hey. I'll have two cod and chip, ya lanky c**t ye"

Don't get me started on Monaghan..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Schuhart wrote:
    In the absence of a poll, I did a count up as far as post no 205. (I’m very busy today)

Just counting first preferences, and ignoring references to places that are not counties, the running order is:

Cork 35

Dublin 26

Offaly 9

Limerick, Meath, Kilkenny, Laois, Galway and Roscommon all get 4.

Westmeath, Carlow and Tipperary each get 3.

Wexford, Louth, Mayo and Cavan have 2 votes.

Clare, Donegal, Kildare, Monaghan, Kerry, Waterford, Wicklow, Down and Longford each get 1 vote.

So that leaves Tyrone, Derry, Armagh, Antrim, and Sligo without votes, if I'm not mistaken. Interesting. Who am i missing?

Edit: Fermanagh and Letrim makes 32 :)

Advertisement