Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your LEAST favourite Irish county???

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Where the f*** is leitrim anyway? Has anyone been there :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Bambi wrote:

I suppose you dont get out of Ballymun too often..... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭murfie

Surely Dublin is the worst county in Ireland, the place is a dump that attracts the lowlife of the counrty, just walk down Henry St or in fact any street in dublin for examples. Cork on the other hand is a place i would love to live and work! I worked in dublin for a time and never again!

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭solskjaer20

Ah come on now, how can anyone hate the Cork accent?

But I don't know how they can claim to be the capital when they're not even the second city.

Also the People's Republic was first used for Derry...they stole it:rolleyes:

And after all Derry did have a de facto independent state for a while, not Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I love Cork. I love their arrogance and the way it sounds so funny cos of the accents. Any Cork people I know are fine and I can always have a laugh at them.

My vote would have to go to...Wicklow. I live there and its just so boring. No wonder i spend quite a bit of time in Dublin, Tipp and anywhere away from here. Get out of the place at every chance, I do

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Diarmsquid

Anto McC wrote:
    Donegal,easily Donegal!!!

Can't understand a word any of them are saying!
    BOO!
    I love Donegal!

I hate Cork. Only because you can't tell them you're from Dublin without getting loads of remarks on why Cork is the real capital of Ireland.
    Idiots.

And the accent... sounds like they're crying.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

its gotta be Cork.. i dont know why but i hate Cork:D

I just remember getting the ferry to france as a youngin
    and hearing all those loads fat man boggers talking
    in their corkonian accents.:o

maybe thats what made me dislike the peoples republic of cork..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Bambi wrote:
    hopefully this map wil explain why many dubs are perplexed by this thread

Brilliant! :) Rep +1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭treefingers

waterford for me, with dublin a close second. surprised theres not more votes for waterford actually. and thought there would be more votes for cork. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Pighead wrote:
    Julep sjones or Ruu, do Pighead a favour and ban this phillistine. Just to see if your banning buttons are working. Louth does not belong on this list in any way shape or form. Collie D, you're full of poo.

Anything for you Pighead my old chum. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭baby*cham*bell

to quote a guy i met on holidays "theres nothing to do in monaghan but smoke dope and take e's".....seems like this is true of most of the country though....

cork is my least favorite
    they should be set free from the rest of the country, let float off into the atlantic on their own little peoples republic of CARK BOY island

Im from dublin, and I have to say (to use my vernacular) you get a much better buzz of people from the country then people from dublin
    my theory is that being from a small town makes you crazy and therfore more entertaining to folk like me
    gwan the culchies
    im off to quinns....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

It seems that almost every Dublin person here hates Cork because of our "peoples republic" but...i met 2 girls from Dublin in kilkenny 2 weeks ago and i think they fell in love with me! seriously! It was wierd, they kept on going on about my accent, and asking me to say sentences...it was weird.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭empirix

Bambi wrote:

LOL :D

Another one who doesnt get out much :rolleyes:

stepbar wrote:
    I suppose you dont get out of Ballymun too often..... :rolleyes:

Not to go to f****g leitrim i dont. How would you get there anyway? swing a hard right just past the middle ages and keep going i imagine?

As per the map its called Leitrim, not ****in leitrim. What middle ages would you be talking about there cause I aint laughing. As for directions Hop on a bus / train, between the both there goes 10 in that direction everyday. Now if you have nothing else to say of any use that keeps in line with the original post, keep it in that head of urs. Alternatively stick to Ballymun cause its la la land compared to a place like Leitrim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭Darren

Can we get this thread back on track and continue slagging the cork people please??

yes, we love it.

stepbar wrote:
    . What middle ages would you be talking about there cause I aint laughing.

indeed there was very little to laugh about in the middle ages, chin up little buddy, modern medicine will change your peoples lives for the better in a coupla centuries :)

My god is this the best you can come up with? I like the way you just ignore the rest of what was said. Taking stick from someone from Ballymun :eek: , right up there with the best ****holes there is, its laughable TBH. :D Take my advice take a bus / train down and tell us what you think, until then put ur keyboard to better uses .... :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭bill_ashmount

cork is my least favorite they should be set free from the rest of the country, let float off into the atlantic on their own little peoples republic of CARK BOY island

Keep it coming kids, the more of ye that don't like us the less of ye that will visit, sweet.
    ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

relax there, stepbar. it's all in jest. don't take it to heart.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Leitrim has a coastline!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

That would have to be Cork.

I was out for a few beers last Saturday night and Dublin City was packed full of pissed Cork ejjits falling around talking b****ks with that stupid accent in those horrible red jerseys.

I cannot think why they don't like us Dubs? ;)

I like the Dubs but I am worried that this is only because I have used up all my hatred on the Cork bunch.

Raekwon wrote:

I was out for a few beers last Saturday night and Dublin City was packed full of pissed Cork ejjits falling around talking b****ks with that stupid accent in those horrible red jerseys.

So, just because of a few drunk cork people, you decide to hate the whole county? come on!

Femmy wrote:
    So, just because of a few drunk cork people, you decide to hate the whole county? come on!

Of course not, it just strengthened my case ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Raekwon wrote:

I was out for a few beers last Saturday night and Dublin City was packed full of pissed <....1....> ejjits falling around talking b****ks with that stupid accent in those horrible <....2....> jerseys.

<1. insert any other county which happens to be playing at Croker>
    <2. insert any colour. Except pink... we're waiting for Kilkenny Football to take a pink jersey>

connundrum wrote:
    <1. insert any other county which happens to be playing at Croker>
    <2. insert any colour. Except pink... we're waiting for Kilkenny Football to take a pink jersey>

It always the Cork lads. I dread matches when Cork play as their fans are arseholes.

• Advertisement

Darren wrote:
    It always the Cork lads. I dread matches when Cork play as their fans are arseholes.

I think Cork takes the biscuit.

As I said in my first post I was out for a few quite drinks and we ended up in a bar in the middle of the city. It was like a sweaty red wave. We went up stairs to avoid them but the toilets are located on the ground floor so I had to venture down stairs again. I was greeted by a couple of Cork p***heads at the toilet door drunkenly asking me for ID :rolleyes: I pushed past them and they started singing over my shoulder as I relived myself. Total twats!

Advertisement