Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have we gone a little too PC?

Options
  • 02-07-2006 4:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭

I did quite savage, i got two P.C.s which Graeme says is a pass by compensation, basically if your grade point average is high enough you can bump Es to D's how many depends on how well you did. Hes also hopeful that anyone who passed their exams will get int mode one. P.C. also means Penguin Competence.

There you go all you brassies, especially Dave. Thats what Pass by Compensation means and how it affects you. Can I get a Woo anyone who passes gets mode one !

This comes straight from the mouth of an Archeology Professor, well almost.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Cheers for that boss, almost straight from the horse's mouth! :D

ps. I'm tired! :D Bedtime

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Dave, you definitely passed. You can get 3 E grades and still get PC on each of the 3 modules once you have an overall stage GPA of 2.25 or greater. Your grade point on PC module will be capped at 2.0.

On this link you'll find your PC, repeat, grade, stage progression info etc. etc. See pages 5 and 6 especially for the PC lark.

Cheers dude, yeh it certainly does look pretty good :) Thank god for that!

Would someone who's failed a module take a look at the SIS and see underneath "Credits" -- does it say 5, or 0? Mine all say 5, but I'm not sure if that's the credits I received or the credits the module is worth. Is there any little caption somewhere that says "YOU HAVE FAILED, YOU MUST REPEAT" or sh*t like that...? I'm still uneasy about the PCs, despite reading all the literature on it :o BTW, the GPA for this semester is up now (if anyone cares). I got 2.67. Not that I really care about it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

If you're still uneasy dave you should ring the exams office and get them to check for you.

• Advertisement

Thanks, yeh I just did there. Would there be people working there today? I suppose there would be...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

Go to the programme office in UCD they're tell you what you need to know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

DaveMcG wrote:
    Thanks, yeh I just did there. Would there be people working there today? I suppose there would be...

Yea. It can be hard to get through (I know I had trouble last year anyway) as there are generally a lot of people freaking out at this time of year.

I actually left them a rather abusive messge last year around the time the repeat results were due out. The guy who called me back was quite nice baout it though. :)

Keep trying though as it'll put your mind at ease and you can start planning that trip :p

Advertisement