Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Selling Customised UK Reg Number

Options
  • 02-07-2006 10:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭

Hi Everyone,

I bought the car in the Uk couple of days ago, from VW dealer. The car I bought has customised reg number and I was informed by the sales fella over there,that I could sell those plates, because my car will get the Irish reg number anyway.
    He mentioned something about DVLA in the Uk,so I looked it up on the net.
    There is lots of stuff on their website, and to be honest I don't know which forms or steps I must take in order to sell the plates.
    Does anyone have any experience in selling UK plates from the car?
    Would appreciate if someone could put me in the right direction.

Cheers,
    trance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

Contact any of the number plate dealers, they advertise out the back of most U.K. car magazines, they'll sort it for you, for a fee of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭trance2004

Thanks junkyard, will have a look :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

trance2004 wrote:
    Hi Everyone,

I bought the car in the Uk couple of days ago, from VW dealer. The car I bought has customised reg number and I was informed by the sales fella over there,that I could sell those plates, because my car will get the Irish reg number anyway.
    He mentioned something about DVLA in the Uk,so I looked it up on the net.
    There is lots of stuff on their website, and to be honest I don't know which forms or steps I must take in order to sell the plates.
    Does anyone have any experience in selling UK plates from the car?
    Would appreciate if someone could put me in the right direction.

Cheers,
    trance

You'll have to register the car to your name with the DVLA prior to exporting it, you can then put the reg. no on retention to sell it whilst you import the car. If you register the car here without doing this, you will lose the plate.

Advertisement