Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Found dog

Options
  • 02-07-2006 11:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

My partners son came home the other day with a 8mt old staff pup, which he seen being abused by travellers, hitting it with sticks stones etc. The dog had no collar, but is quite well trained for a pup, and is certainly a house dog, not a travellers dog. However, we are concrened that there is some child out there crying for their dog, hence we want to try find the owner. So far the only thing I have being able to come up with is posting ads in local shops. was just wondering if anybody had any other suggestions, I don't think there is anything else I can try, but as I said I hate the idea of a child missing its pet. Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭SuzyS1972

Yes please notify your local Garda Station. Try to find out where your local pound is and notify them too.
    You can place a " Found " ad free of charge with the Evening Herald - try to leave out one piece of info so you can know for sure the responder is the actual owner of the dog.

Also the dog may be microchipped so your local vet will be able to scan the dog for you free of charge to see if his owners can be traced.

Lastly
    Place an ad on www.irishanimals.ie - many many rescuers and the general public see this site so your chance of finding the owners is better.

Good Luck

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

You can email me the details and maybe a pic and I will get in touch with my contacts. If you can't keep him yourself then I can offer a place here at my rescue. webmaster@egar.org

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

The best the kid got out of the local Garda was that the dog needed to be muzzeled:eek: He aked a passing cop. I'm a bit weary of stating its a staff, as I used to have english bulls and pit bulls when I was younger. Most owners are responsible [sp sorry away on hols and pi##ed] but I don't want it to fall in the worng hands, I think it's had enough abuse. Hence even on the ads I only described it as a brindle terrier. Thanks I'll try those suggestions. I have no problems keeping her, just don't want the owner missing out. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

Well, if it is a Staffie, then yes, the law states that any *restricted breed* must be muzzled. Also, try dogslost.co.uk , an awful lot of dogs get stolen in the UK and then end up in Ireland.

Sarah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Fair play for bring the dog home, little feckers abusing the dog who couldnt defend itself.:mad: He may very well be microchipped. All you can do is put up a few ads in your area or newspaper and contact the humane society if there is one close by for advice on how to find the owner. Good luck.

• Advertisement
Advertisement