Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

O2 Upgrade

• 02-07-2006 11:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

I am looking for a new phone....I am on contract with 02, does anyone know if I can use another sim card in there phone on holidays...i.e. I purchase a sim card in Spain and insert into the phone..

I prefer Nokia ...

Thanks for you help

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

You can only use another SIM card if your phone is unlocked from the O2 network. Otherwise only O2 Ireland SIM's will work in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

A lot of Nokia, expcept for the latest high end models are pretty easy too unlock.
    Try googling "unlock [phone model]" and see what you can find out about the phone before you buy it...O2 lock all their phones and won't unlock them for you until spend a significant amount on credit/contract calls.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

If you buy the phone fon upgrade from o2 retail they can request the unlock phone as soon as its purchased.

Generally if its nokia you can get it onthe spot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Because the phone is yours, on contract there is no minimum spend all you need to do is call and request it, they can request the unlock for you

Advertisement