Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PHP charts?

Options
  • 02-07-2006 12:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭

Im working on an admin section for a site.

On the admin home page im displaying some stats. Stats relate to the site, eg mailing list, forum etc but also two events. Really all the users want to see is the number of people on either event a or event b.

I would like to insert a dynamic chart. Ihave done this in ColdFusion before but never in PHP. Been googling and found a few free mini apps that could do it. But struggling to get two of them working!

Any recommendations?

Using PHP, MySQL.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I like PHP/SWF Charts; they require flash, but I don't mind making that a requirement. In action here.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Cheers Ken,

Ill have a looksie. The flash requriement is slightly off putting as its clear the users are of the novice breed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

There's an absolute ton of alternatives out there, google for "php charts".

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Ken Shabby wrote:
    There's an absolute ton of alternatives out there, google for "php charts".

adam

No problem finding any Ken, just looking for some that people have used. Found a few on hotscripts.com and will report back with my findings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭Rolo Tomasi

take a look at http://www.phpcharts.se/phpcharts/index.php

The php_gd2.dll file is required in System32 folder for a Win dev. enviroment and the file must be enabled in php.ini.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,511 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Ken Shabby wrote:
    I like PHP/SWF Charts; they require flash, but I don't mind making that a requirement
    I uzs PHP/SFW Charts on my M50 Blanchardstown graph. (I rip data from a page on nra.ie every hour, parse with perl and push the max/min data to a MySQL db every night).

Advertisement