Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Please help - should i buy or shouldnt i?

• 02-07-2006 1:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

Hi Guys! - just need some advice really - cant decide fully about this womans jacket. Its kinda similiar to a firetrap one i have been looking at but this one is a little cheaper . Any opinions would be great. Thanks :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

Looks pretty funky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 DeiseLass

Yeah thats what i thought initally but then a co-worker kinda put me off a bit so really wanted a second opinion. Thanx for that......Keep the opinions coming ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 471 ✭✭tovalee

i think it would really depend on what you're wearing it with. If you're not going for all out funkiness, just be sure the rest of the outfit is fairly conservative. If it's very expensive, i don't think i'd buy it. simply because things like that aren't something you're going getalot of wear from... more of a trendy accessory than a wardrobe staple. but if the price is right and you like it, go for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

Honestly, it looks pretty skanky to me.In the flecky tracksuit kind of league.

I'd be surprised if something similar isn't sold for about 50euro in Unique for women (If there is such a place)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

It does look rather skanky. But,hey! If you're Polish you could pull it off.

• Advertisement

Thanks for that, no "skanky" isnt the look that i want to be going for. Its just one of those things that i couldnt make my mind up about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

To be honest i think that jacket could look pretty cool. It could look good with a well fitted pair of jeans, a simple white t underneath. It would have to be pretty simple and not bulky, cause i think the jacket it suppose to be kinda fitted and imo would look better if it was. It also really depends on the style you normally go for, if you could jazz it up to look smart with jeans, boots and little t, it would look very well, however i dont like the look when people wear something like that with big hoops hanging out of there ears and baggy trousers.

No definitely wasnt planning on going for the hoopy earrings and the *BLING* kinda look, was thinking more along the lines of fitted jeans and tshirt as you said.
    Thought it was kinda different so thats why it caught my eye.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

I would 100% go with that look so, it would defo look good.. go on ya know ya wana buy it :D

Deise, if you always took other people's advice on what to wear you would like like everyone else, as most people do in dublin...its a funky jacket, if thats what you're going for buy it :). I reckon with a pair of jeans it would look cool.
    If is see something *I* like i buy it, screw what these folk around me think, i get funny looks all the time because im not wearing Nike/Addidas/Reebok and the list goes on, but who gives a ****e.

• Advertisement

Deise, if you always took other people's advice on what to wear you would like like everyone else, as most people do in dublin...its a funky jacket, if thats what you're going for buy it :). I reckon with some jeans it would look cool.
    Any "look" associated with that type of jacket has been done to death in Dublin- fitted blue jeans & t-shirt, to baggy and hoopy.

I know, i think i am trying to talk myself out of it - really dont know why im bothered what everyone else thinks about it - really need to cop on :D

DeiseLass wrote:
    I know, i think i am trying to talk myself out of it - really dont know why im bothered what everyone else thinks about it - really need to cop on :D
    Now,extend philosophy to your other fashion woes...

Karoma wrote:
    Any "look" associated with that type of jacket has been done to death in Dublin- fitted blue jeans & t-shirt, to baggy and hoopy.

So? Are we all supposed to keep up with dublin trends? Fashion is an individual thing if you ask me, screw what the rest are doing.

So? Are we all supposed to keep up with dublin trends? Fashion is an individual thing if you ask me, screw what the rest are doing.
    whoosh!

Deise, if you always took other people's advice on what to wear you would like like everyone else, as most people do in dublin...
    Taking your advice, she would be keeping up with Dublin trends.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,840 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Depends on who's wearing it too, height, weight, face, hair etc. Could look really good on some girl and terrible on another.

cormie wrote:
    Depends on who's wearing it too, height, weight, face, hair etc. Could look really good on some girl and terrible on another.

Well im tall 5"11, i dont think i would even consider it if i was short - not a chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,840 ✭✭✭✭cormie

aye, well the rest of the factors should be considered too;)

cormie wrote:
    aye, well the rest of the factors should be considered too;)

Aye, dont you worry they have been ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

It's wigger wear. I'd avoid it myself if i was a chick.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭fuzzywiggle

Yeah I like it. Go for it!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

I really like that. Would not have considered it skangerish at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

It's Rocawear. Only knackers and wanabe knackers wear rocawear. FACT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 128 ✭✭DeiseGal

well to be honest, i think a lot of women would agree that victoria beckham has a great sense of style and has endorsed the rocawear brand so it cant be all bad. FACT!
    But hey, thanks for that anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

i think a lot of women would agree that victoria beckham has a great sense of style and has endorsed the rocawear brand so it cant be all bad. FACT!

Victoria Beckham is a chav with too much cash, not a stlye icon.

If you want to wear this kind of tat TK Maxx is full of it. You'll have to fight your way past the Eastern Europeans buying the Gold Lamé trousers with "D&G" emblazoned down the leg in 6 inch letters though....

I personally wouldnt put mrs beckham in the chav category, the other footballers wives deserve that title granted but she is definitely miles ahead of them and many others in the style stakes.
    Each to there own :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

David & Victoria Beckham
    beckhams.jpg
    Aah Posh and Becks, the quintessential celebrity chavs! David has that whole wigga thing going on and can barely string a legible sentence together. Victoria is a fashion cloths horse, giving the average chavette an idea of what snide designer wear to buy at the market! Look up the term 'media whores' in the dictionary and you'll see their picture. The godheads of Chav culture!
    Chav Rating: off the bloody scale!!

www.chavscum.co.uk

Highest rating chavs on that site.....

I really think ye are mixing her up with Jordan, now that is CHAV!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement