Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wedding Music (Band, DJ, Singer) ONE POST PER BAND ONLY! Read post #1 First!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Shyboy

Coliemac wrote: »
    I just wanted to drop a post to warn couples getting married and whom are organising bands and djs for their wedding. The first question you should be asking any band or dj is do they have Public liability Insurance and if they can provide proof of this. The reason being is, that you as the couple are the event organisers so therefore any injuries or accidents sustained to any of your guests involving any band member or Dj can end up with you being held liable. This will only be the case if the band or the dj doesn't hold Public Liability. If they tell you they are covered by the venue's insurance, they are highly mistaken as a venues insurance only covers employees and they are not employees. Just wanted to let all couples know this as it's not highly pointed out by any wedding websites and it's leaving you as a couple with a huge potential for disaster as we all know how messy weddings can get with a few chardonay's being had. I hope this is of help to all.

I second this - very important!!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 godanicus

Shyboy wrote: »
    I second this - very important!!

Sorry but this is rubbish, ive been at over 1000 weddings in the last 15 years and this is as much an issue as insuring your teeth.This is Scaremongering and an insignificant worry to add to the already stressful event.
    C'mon guys, bit of realism here.
    If bands were to have P.L.I to cover all guests at weddings they would be little gigging bands around, and the ones that would be would be charging 5-7k to recoup the cost.

Public liability insurance is by definition(and the hint is in the name) an insurance for members of the public on your premises, and by law venues cannot have a gathering on their premises without this cover, regardless of bands or dj's or dancers or fireworks or ballon shapers or clowns or magicians or whatever!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭wicklowgal

Hi,

Looking for a band in the Wicklow/Wexford area for the Summer. Any recommendations? Also looking for a reasonable price as our budget isn't very much.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Coliemac wrote: »
    I just wanted to drop a post to warn couples getting married and whom are organising bands and djs for their wedding. The first question you should be asking any band or dj is do they have Public liability Insurance and if they can provide proof of this. The reason being is, that you as the couple are the event organisers so therefore any injuries or accidents sustained to any of your guests involving any band member or Dj can end up with you being held liable. This will only be the case if the band or the dj doesn't hold Public Liability. If they tell you they are covered by the venue's insurance, they are highly mistaken as a venues insurance only covers employees and they are not employees. Just wanted to let all couples know this as it's not highly pointed out by any wedding websites and it's leaving you as a couple with a huge potential for disaster as we all know how messy weddings can get with a few chardonay's being had. I hope this is of help to all.

Bullsh1t.

Anyone looking for a professional Dj service with over 30 years experience in the South East and surrounding counties can drop me a pm. I can also recommend some excellent bands as well.

super-rush wrote: »
    Bullsh1t.

Anyone looking for a professional Dj service with over 30 years experience in the South East and surrounding counties can drop me a pm. I can also recommend some excellent bands as well.

Well said, its amazing what some people will say on these sites without having a clue.

• Advertisement

wicklowgal wrote: »
    Hi,

Looking for a band in the Wicklow/Wexford area for the Summer. Any recommendations? Also looking for a reasonable price as our budget isn't very much.

Thanks

Hi wicklowgal, see my above post, we are based in carlow but cover all over ireland and reasonably priced too, cant hurt you to contact the above number in my first post and Jen can talk you through all our options to find one that suits.
    Regards and congatulations .

• Registered Users Posts: 6 CrazyDaisy

NickyMc wrote: »
    Hey guys,
    I am getting married March 2012 and have been looking around at bands but they are abit pricey! I thought we were in a recession? Prices have lowered with everything else, hotel, cars, etc. except bands have increased their prices!:( I am looking for a band that will play in galway, a male vocalist, will play one or two traditional wedding songs at the begining but then more rock and roll music, e.g Pearl Jam, U2, Depech mode, The Beatles etc. Majority of guests at our wedding will be from 25 to 35! Any suggestions? ;)
    check out "The Soundmen" not sure of the price but they are excellent !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Lord Jules

Has anybody ever heard Shaken Edge play?
    Any replies would be appreciated

godanicus wrote: »
    Sorry but this is rubbish, ive been at over 1000 weddings in the last 15 years and this is as much an issue as insuring your teeth.This is Scaremongering and an insignificant worry to add to the already stressful event.
    C'mon guys, bit of realism here.
    If bands were to have P.L.I to cover all guests at weddings they would be little gigging bands around, and the ones that would be would be charging 5-7k to recoup the cost.

Public liability insurance is by definition(and the hint is in the name) an insurance for members of the public on your premises, and by law venues cannot have a gathering on their premises without this cover, regardless of bands or dj's or dancers or fireworks or ballon shapers or clowns or magicians or whatever!!!

I don't want to start a big debate on this but Public Liability Insurance is very important for any band or DJ. It is one of these things (like any insurance) that you hope that you will never have to use but it is piece of mind to have it.

I know in the UK many hotels/venues will not even let a band or DJ set up until they have shown proof that they carry PLI.

Just say if someone tripped over one of your speaker stands and broke their leg, would the venue be liable? No, you would be, so that's where you would hope to have sufficient PLI. Also, if your equipment happened to cause a major electrical fault at a venue (it has been known to happen), they will sue you for the repair costs and if you do not have PLI you are in trouble.

It costs me under €500 for the year as a DJ (I know that can vary depending on many factors) but I think it is worth every penny.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

I don't want to start a big debate on this but Public Liability Insurance is very important for any band or DJ. It is one of these things (like any insurance) that you hope that you will never have to use but it is piece of mind to have it.

I know in the UK many hotels/venues will not even let a band or DJ set up until they have shown proof that they carry PLI.

Just say if someone tripped over one of your speaker stands and broke their leg, would the venue be liable? No, you would be, so that's where you would hope to have sufficient PLI. Also, if your equipment happened to cause a major electrical fault at a venue (it has been known to happen), they will sue you for the repair costs and if you do not have PLI you are in trouble.

It costs me under €500 for the year as a DJ (I know that can vary depending on many factors) but I think it is worth every penny.

look the original posters comments were scaremongering and pointless.

1) Wedding insurance policies which people should invest in anyway have public liability cover included in them.
    2) Wedding venue must have public liability cover.

There is no need to a couple concerning themselves as to weather the band or dj has it. Its called overkill,.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

whilst im in this thread has anybody been at a wedding where a band called Overdrive have performed ?

If so can anybody let me know what they were like. Thanks

D3PO wrote: »
    look the original posters comments were scaremongering and pointless.

1) Wedding insurance policies which people should invest in anyway have public liability cover included in them.
    2) Wedding venue must have public liability cover.

There is no need to a couple concerning themselves as to weather the band or dj has it. Its called overkill,.

The couple themselves shouldn't be too worried about it. It is more of a concern for the Band/DJ if they wish to carry it or not. I will say though, that the band/DJ will not be covered by the venue's PLI if a guest gets injured by tripping on your speaker stands, etc.

The couple themselves shouldn't be too worried about it. It is more of a concern for the Band/DJ if they wish to carry it or not. I will say though, that the band/DJ will not be covered by the venue's PLI if a guest gets injured by tripping on your speaker stands, etc.

Hotels and venues have to have P.L.I for everyone at the venue and all situations that arise from such a gathering. End.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

Lord Jules wrote: »
    Has anybody ever heard Shaken Edge play?
    Any replies would be appreciated

I have seen them in a pub with a view to booking them. I thought they were excellent and kept the crowd well entertained.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Mochtas 81

Can anyone recommend bands + DJs in the south east? We asked the venue but they wont recommend and band. Also newly engaged so new to this, how much would you need to budget for both? Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 ie4music

I can provide a small range of wedding band options (2 to 6-piece available).

All musicians are mature (30+), fully experienced, and Dublin-based (but willing to travel), and I/we can provide the band, the band & DJ, and/or a full wedding day music package.

Audio samples, song-lists, and prices available by PM.
    (let me know wedding location/date, and preferred music/band type).

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭haron

lookin for a band for may 2012 wedding got two quotes so far 1850 for a 6 piece n 1800 for a 5 piece. does this sound dear

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭SUNGSAM

Hi

Looking for a band for the 30th September 2011 in the Wexford area. Is there anybody around that are you could recommend. Thanks.

Sungsam

• Registered Users Posts: 44 ching9000

My fiance and I are currently looking for a band to play at our wedding, which will take place in Dingle this October.

We are looking for a rock 'n' roll band that would play songs from the 50s and 60s, we do not want anything beyond those decades. (no 'sex on fire' please) :pac:

We have come across a few a bands but not too many that would tick the boxes, so any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!!

Cheers,
    Kev

• Registered Users Posts: 4,659 ✭✭✭golfball37

haron wrote: »
    lookin for a band for may 2012 wedding got two quotes so far 1850 for a 6 piece n 1800 for a 5 piece. does this sound dear

yes- We are shopping around at the moment and the latest quote I have is 1200 from a fairly reputable wedding band in our area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 itz me

hi we're getting married in wexford, can anybody suggest a good band and maybe dj.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭haron

have since got more reasonable quotes in around 1200 but have also got crazy quotes it seems the resession don't affect wedding bands.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭CHRISTINACO

Anyone know of any good wedding bands?

the price they charge?

Vegas nights are fantastic..I had them for my wedding and they made the day for us.they have a dj as part of their package also.George Lee is their dj and he is brilliant.1700€ on a weeknight and I think it's €2200 on a fri,sat and sun.I can give you their numbers if u like.
    The lead singer has a belter of a voice.Tina turner wouldn't get a look in. We asked them 2wks before our day could they sing our first dance song instead of the usual cd. They told a few days before that they couldnt learn it in time.then on the night they started singing it to a T. They wanted to surprise us. I thought they were so sweet for doing that..
    Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 45 itz me

anybody heard of or seen american heart who are based in wexford?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Corkman1970

Want to hear from top band available on 02/12/11 for wedding in Garryvoe, East Cork.
    Love the Glitterbugs for their sheer entertainment value and getting everyone dancing.
    Looking for similar standard.
    Please PM as will be booking in next couple of weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭thumper10

I saw a band called oddity from galway play, prices around 2k but think it included 4/5 piece band, and dj, possible church but not 100% on that, check them out, i'm going to contact them and see them hopefully play at a wedding, just looking into this myself so all the best everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 23 quazzy1

thumper10 wrote: »
    I saw a band called oddity from galway play, prices around 2k but think it included 4/5 piece band, and dj, possible church but not 100% on that, check them out, i'm going to contact them and see them hopefully play at a wedding, just looking into this myself so all the best everyone

I haven't seen them at a wedding, but I'm from Galway and have seen them in a few pubs. They're very good, and I'd definitely recommend them.

They're great musicians... their old drummer actually taught me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 the legends

Our band let us down foe our wedding at 6months notice...
    Has anyone heard of DEJA BOO?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Never heard of them, are you looking at them as a replacment? If you look through the threads here you will see loads of recommendations here.

www.musicmachine.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭32finn

http://trixx.ie/

These are very good. I think they are doing a wedding fair in city west this coming Sunday, Feb 20th, if you wanted to check them out.

Advertisement