Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wedding Music (Band, DJ, Singer) ONE POST PER BAND ONLY! Read post #1 First!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 bazmcgov

Hi,
    We are looking for recommendations for a band for our wedding, on the 18th of November, 2011. The wedding will be just outside Athlone. We are looking for the band to also DJ for the last few hours if possible.

Any Suggestions?

Bands,
    Please PM me if you are available with pricing plans etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 elderlymum

Need to decide between 2 bands very quickly

Please help,

Our wedding is coming up pretty soon (3rd June) and after looking long and hard we've got 2 bands who are free, The Panoramics and Milehigh. We are not in our first flush of youth so the crowd will mostly be in their forties and the rest. Which band should we go for? Really need some advice and time is running out.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭fergiesarmy

super-rush wrote: »
    Bullsh1t.

Anyone looking for a professional Dj service with over 30 years experience in the South East and surrounding counties can drop me a pm. I can also recommend some excellent bands as well.

Bull****? Really. Wow thats news to me. Just to put you in the picture you are someone in the game 30 years. Next time you are in a venue ask the gm of the hotel will they be covering a claim on your behalf if a light or one of your speakers falls on top of someone's head attending an event at that hotel. I can assure you of the response you will get. From what I can see, its the suppliers that dont have insurance that want to brush the issue under the carpet and hope it never rears its head, telling people its scaremongering. I can tell you from experience that i know a dj working in a dublin hotel a few years back who had a light fall on a guest at a wedding and ended up having to pay €1400 in compensation to settle out of court. The venue were certainly not entertaining any thoughts of a claim and why should they? Was it their fault? He obtained public liability insurance on the back of this. Will be interested to see the replies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Trianna

catch 22. heard them play in Tramore last year, outstanding, you can find them on youtube or facebook.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Trianna

p.s
    think they cost around 1.500- 2.000 euros

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 Mst

We're having a small wedding in waterford in June, there will only be 20 or less people but we want some form of entertainment. Can anyone recommend a musician who would be suitable? say a guitarist, keyboard, singer or something? maybe even something more traditional Irish.. any ideas, must be reasonably priced.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

Trianna wrote: »
    catch 22. heard them play in Tramore last year, outstanding, you can find them on youtube or facebook.:D
    Trianna wrote: »
    p.s
    think they cost around 1.500- 2.000 euros

This is a band that didn't realise theres a recession. Still looking for around €2300 for a wedding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 chazmatazchan

Hi all, if anyone has ant good recommendations of good reasonable wedding bands in the cork area I would really appreciate it. Wedding is on 18th Nov if any bands want to pm with quote.
    Cheers! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19 cormac21051983

looking for a band to play in June 2012 but every reputable wedding band i have contacted have been costing the wrong side of 2k.
    can anyone suggest any band cheaper but still up to a high standard?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Kelley P

PM sent Cormac

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Mrs2be4ever

Just set our date last weekend!!! :D Getting married on the 29th of Oct 2011 in Donegal, anyone any idea of a good band for us? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 roxy9

Hi all,

Have to decide between two bands for wedding; Minus Two is the first band and Taylors Twist is the second bank. Anyone have any experience of either band - would welcome any feedback.

Many thanks,
    -R

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭misty floyd

I've never posted on the wedding page so Hello Folks. Myself and my wife (still not used to that) hired Soul Purpose for our wedding in February. I spent an age looking up and watching bands for our wedding but I knew they wouldn't let us down after going to see them twice. Here is a link to their videos, the 'think' video was actually recorded at our wedding. I'm telling you, these are really good. Everyone loved it, trust me.

I have nothing to do with this band by the way. Everyone just liked them so much that I figure they deserve a mention here.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 limeflower

Reception Singer & Guitarist wanted
    Hi,

I'm looking for a singer & guitarist for our drinking reception on the 18th of June 2011 in Dublin city. If anyone have any recommendation please?

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Heineken Helen

For our wedding in Galway last Sunday, we had Amazing Apples!

Seriously, they had everyone up on the floor for the whole night... and we only had 60 people at ours. Everyone's been going on about them since... you can listen to some of their stuff here:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Amazing-Apples/124329757078

They've been lovely to deal with though and very nice lads to have around on the night itself... they certainly figured out our crowd fairly quickly and knew what they might like :D

Ya seriously couldn't go wrong with them!

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭groovemerchant7

Hi, I play in a wedding band called 'White Magic'. We do funky soul pop covers guaranteed to keep your guests up dancing.

We also provide classical music for the ceremony with consisting of a classically trained pianist and female soprano, Jazz reception music and a proper pro DJ.

Sort all your wedding music in one go and add a touch of class to your day...

www.whitemagicmusic.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 dondondon

Has anyone seen or heard anything about the boogie allstars as a wedding band. i know it wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea but seem to fit my criteria well (good craic & floor filling!). any info on the band would be greatly appreciated as i am having difficulty with getting to see them play live :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 11 ps21

pm sent :)

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭bytheglass

Ahhh! I'm about to start pulling my hair out!
    How is it that one 5 piece band will charge €1,250 for a 3 hour set while another 5 piece band will charge €2,300 for 2 & half hours??
    Am I missing something? I know some bands have more experience & qualifications than others but is that really worth paying the extra grand? I've been in contact with about 15/20 bands & LOADS are already booked & my wedding is over a year away! I'm seriously considering hiring a DJ for the whole thing!
    I'm finding it hard to justify this large chunk of money for 3 hours (if i'm lucky), whereas I wouldnt dream of going over the 2k mark for my dress & I'll be wearing that for 12 hours!!??
    Is there any way to bargain with bands? Are they likely to do a deal for 'cash'??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,659 ✭✭✭golfball37

bytheglass wrote: »
    Ahhh! I'm about to start pulling my hair out!
    How is it that one 5 piece band will charge €1,250 for a 3 hour set while another 5 piece band will charge €2,300 for 2 & half hours??
    Am I missing something? I know some bands have more experience & qualifications than others but is that really worth paying the extra grand? I've been in contact with about 15/20 bands & LOADS are already booked & my wedding is over a year away! I'm seriously considering hiring a DJ for the whole thing!
    I'm finding it hard to justify this large chunk of money for 3 hours (if i'm lucky), whereas I wouldnt dream of going over the 2k mark for my dress & I'll be wearing that for 12 hours!!??
    Is there any way to bargain with bands? Are they likely to do a deal for 'cash'??

Well said- 100% agree.

My band is costing 1200, took long enough to find one. I cannot fathom why anyone would pay over 2k for a few hours entertainment. You can get fully professional trubute bands for a little more.

How any band can justify charging 2k for playing at a wedding I'd love to hear it? There's no electricity costs for a start.:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭brianh576

[SNIP]

Each band is allowed to post in this thread once only. Users who persistently break this rule will find themselves banned from the forum.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16 owensutton1986

The Papa Zitas are busy making a name for themselves as the most exciting new big band to have emerged on the music scene in IRELAND in a long while! With an array of hits that encapsulate the very essence of the Motown era, their set ensures the dancefloor is heaving from the beginning to the end of the night! This fresh new Motown band has been busy playing in various venues around Ireland and recently played The Cork Opera where they were chosen to play support for the UK's No 1 Vocal Harmony Band The Overtones. Consisting of thundering brass, a slick and energetic rhythm section, and smooth and sweet vocal harmonies from three soulful divas, this 9 piece band delivers a show-stopping performance every time. Covering hits from The Temptations, The Supremes, Marvin Gaye, and Stevie Wonder, to name but a few, The Papa Zitas certainly lift their audiences Higher and Higher at every opportunity!

www.facebook.com/PAPAZITAS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsFd0-Ld8Rw PROMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1R7sRo5Esk Sugar Pie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZ2Wvdz7fAQ Higher and Higher

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭TheChevron

http://www.somethingblueweb.com/

Herd these recently in Wexford and I must say the were sh1t hot. (I'm not in the band byt the way, just thought I'd share)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 bazmcgov

bazmcgov wrote: »
    Hi,
    We are looking for recommendations for a band for our wedding, on the 18th of November, 2011. The wedding will be just outside Athlone. We are looking for the band to also DJ for the last few hours if possible.

Any Suggestions?

Bands,
    Please PM me if you are available with pricing plans etc.

Hi folks,
    Just thought I'd drop in a quick update on progress so far in booking band and DJ for this November, 2011.

At this stage we have just booked a band and DJ for our wedding. It's been a long process but without the help we received from the bands on this thread we would definitely still be looking and scratching heads.

Thanks very much to you all for your PM's!! You have all been so helpful!!

I will definitely be recommending this thread to any friends who decide to take the plunge in the future.

Best of luck for the future!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 peeps01

Hi there, Has anyone been at a wedding with 'Sean Slattery and the Connections' before and if so, would you recommend? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Mochtas 81

Our band just accepted a deposit from someone else, we were too slow, now we have to start from scratch....:( They were the only band we really liked!!
    We getting married in March next year in Farnham in Cavan, Were both really into music and dont want anything too cheesy, can anyone recommend someone? Thanks a mill

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

Mochtas 81 wrote: »
    Our band just accepted a deposit from someone else, we were too slow, now we have to start from scratch....:( They were the only band we really liked!!
    We getting married in March next year in Farnham in Cavan, Were both really into music and dont want anything too cheesy, can anyone recommend someone? Thanks a mill

I booked The Poor Boys. Definitely not cheesy, play mostly alternative stuff but seem to have the right songs for getting people out dancing. Excellent musicians. Have only seen them at a showcase though, has anyone seen them at a wedding?

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭holuc

Has anyone here seen a band called BLACKTYE at a wedding? We like the look of them but wanna get a few opinons 1st!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Saw them perform at a Christmas party. They were grand but the dance floor was empty for most of the time we were there. To be fair, it was a combined Christmas party for a few small companies so I suppose the fact that a lot of the people there didn't know each other made a difference. Still though, a good band would get some people up dancing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭the immortals

one post per band only. bands who post multiple times in this thread will find themselves banned from the forum.

Advertisement