Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wedding Music (Band, DJ, Singer) ONE POST PER BAND ONLY! Read post #1 First!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭daveyboy_1ie

Hi all, just thought I would throw my two cents in here. I got married at end of April and through a friend was recommended the band 'the prickly pairs'. I booked them without listening to them and looking at their website only, a huge risk tbh.

All I can say is they were magnificant, the amount of people complimenting myself and my wife for an 'inspired' choice of bands was unreal. I found Peter great to deal with all the time and they were as proffesionally set up as we could have hoped. I loved the brass section most of all as it was something different. Genuinly I had hoped for all the usual bands that seem to be in demand in the Dublin area, and I am so glad they were all booked out for the bank holiday weekend. Their website is:

http://www.thepricklypairs.com/

Honestly, if you are on the lookout for a good band in the Dublin area you could give them a listen. Don't do what I did and take the gamble, enquire where you can hear them next and see for yourself. Anyway I just wanted some sort of compliments paid to the lads as they set the great mood for our wedding.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Shyboy

Saw them perform at a Christmas party. They were grand but the dance floor was empty for most of the time we were there. To be fair, it was a combined Christmas party for a few small companies so I suppose the fact that a lot of the people there didn't know each other made a difference. Still though, a good band would get some people up dancing.

You can find that sometimes even if you have the best band in the world, if the crowd are not lively, you might get an empty(ish) floor. I would nearly say that (in my opinion) it is 50% band & 50% crowd that makes a great night.

Just my 2 cents worth:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 triglock

Hi Lowodour,go to myweddingband.ie and look at The Wildcats, we had them for our wedding in Cabra Castle,fab night,great Band,they play to suit everyone.Cabra actually recommends them to anyone booking there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 norming09

im just wondering did you get Oddity for your wedding and if you did were they good? im thinking or considering getting them, heard them in a pub a few weeks ago and she really got everyone going, unreal like

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭groomek

Getting married in the station house in Meath 24th feb 2012.
    Looking for a band and dj.Any recommendations or bands/djs on boards I would love to here from you

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 joker1

groomek wrote: »
    Getting married in the station house in Meath 24th feb 2012.
    Looking for a band and dj.Any recommendations or bands/djs on boards I would love to here from you

Have just pm'd you

• Registered Users Posts: 33 fowlersleftpeg

Does anyone know if these are still together ? Tried email and phone calls but unable to contact them :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 20 elblackerino

Hi, we're hoping to get married in the Diamond Coast in Enniscrone, Sligo in Feb 2012 and would love to hear from some reasonably priced bands that would be interested in playing at our reception.

We're looking for a band that will give us a good mix, no cheesey stuff as we both like our music.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭GEM_13

Hi.I'm looking for a band in the Cork area for a wedding on Dec 30th 2011.I would appreciate a pm if there are bands on here available on that date or any suggestions from boards users would also be most welcome.

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 jacksyhoulahan

Gorilla Radio are your band!
    They played at our wedding about a month ago and they were brill. It was like being at a gig. Floor was full. Great singers and play their own version of all current hits along with older songs. Look them up on youtube, they play all around the country. If you like your music and dont want the usual waltzin around all night, book them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭culsoh

What would people think of Oddtime or Goodfellas?

Whats the likeyhood they would have a Friday or Saturday available next year?! Just got engaged and would love to get married next year

• Registered Users Posts: 11 roxy9

Folks, just booked wedding in Finnstown House in November this year and seeking recommendations of bands and dj's. Would be greatful if you pass on any recommendations.
    Many thanks,
    -M

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Sarah Bear

DJ available for weddings. cheapest prices guaranteed. currently giging all over ireland dj/sining/karaoke so well experianced. Based in meath but will travel pm for details :)

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭prettyinpink

Looking for a wedding band for patricks day 2012 in cork, I've listened to a few online but nothing has jumped out at me, our budget is up to €2000

• Registered Users Posts: 20 millee

Hi Roxy9. Heard these at a wedding lately and they were brill. A bit different from the normal wedding bands you hear with a great selection of stuff. http://www.somethingblueweb.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 chalshin

Band wanted, Cork, 28th Dec 2011!!

Hi, looking for a band to play at our wedding, trying to avoid the typical wedding band sound and set list but also trying to avoid spending a fortune, would welcome any suggestions?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭AoifeCork

Sent you a PM Chalshin. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭prettyinpink

I ended up going with J90 they seem like a band who will have everyone on the dancefloor which is what we want really :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 rosbeag

Hi all,
    Does anyone have the contact details of the band "The News"?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Grapefruit Moon

Hi, we're thinking of trying to get a trad band for our wedding in Oct. Not to have diddly di all night but a fun band that will engage people, has anyone ever had/seen a trad band at a wedding, does it work? As in will people get up and dance rather than just sit and 'appreciate' if you know what I mean? Any recommendations??
    Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Julybreeze

Hi, we're thinking of trying to get a trad band for our wedding in Oct. Not to have diddly di all night but a fun band that will engage people, has anyone ever had/seen a trad band at a wedding, does it work? As in will people get up and dance rather than just sit and 'appreciate' if you know what I mean? Any recommendations??
    Thanks!

I've seen these lads play at two weddings and a friend of mine has them booked for her wedding in September. They were the main band at one of the weddings and they played more low-key stuff during the drinks receptions of the other wedding that I saw them at. They're excellent as the main band, they had young and old on the floor giving it socks! http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002610965519&sk=wall

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

Julybreeze wrote: »
    I've seen these lads play at two weddings and a friend of mine has them booked for her wedding in September. They were the main band at one of the weddings and they played more low-key stuff during the drinks receptions of the other wedding that I saw them at. They're excellent as the main band, they had young and old on the floor giving it socks! http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002610965519&sk=wall

I have heard that these guys are excellent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭Ms.M

I think people would dance, have a look at your guest list and see how many you could count on to get up and have a wee boogie. I can't remember the name of the band, and since I'm a new poster you'd only think it's spam anyway but I know there was one I inquired into that plays modern songs with a trad twist as well as standard trad. I found them too expensive though.

Another option that could save you a lot of money would be to look on facebook and myspace and the like. Trad bands play to such a high quality in this country anyway! I didn't end up doing it myself but I've two friends who got bands from a friend who knows a friend or just off myspace. One of them had two bands and paid them a grand each; this would be a good idea for you if you're worried about not having enough variety.

Most bands don't make any money whatsoever off gigging. If you ask them as a once-off they'll likely do it. All about how you word your email ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭dazzlermac

anyone ever used jigabyte?? there from kerry region!!thanks:)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Terence2727

Hi all, I'm looking for a band for the 27 th of April next year, were getting married in the Amber springs in gorey. Were looking for a good band that are reasonable. Can u contact me through PM . I'm looking to get in all sorted soon ,thanks all . Brian.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

I got married last month and we had The Glitterbugs, they were fantastic. They got the party started and the dancefloor was full all night. Great if you want something different.

Nice bunch too, very acommodating, they couldnt do enough for us. Definatly recommend them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭mollybird

hi guys
    looking for good suggestions for bands in the waterford area. getting married in maybe 2 years and no idea where to start looking really. any idea is well of prices for bands. would preferably like to have a band and a DJ, but if worst comes to worst have one or the other.

thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭holuc

Has anyone had any of these bands at their weddings or attended a wedding where they played?

Electric Avenue (Drogheda)
    Twister (Navan)
    Stop the Clock (Navan)
    5th Avenue (Dublin)
    Controversial Allstars (Dublin).

Any feedback would be appreciated. Got our list narrowed down to these (we think so at the minute anyway!)

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Penzer

Hi,
    We are getting married on the 29th of June 2012 in Westmeath, can anyone recommend any good bands? Thanks a million :).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 ThePricklyPair

Hi Dave,

Was just surfing and found your post. Was unaware of the nice things you said, thanks very much. Still going strong. Assume you are too. Best regards, Peter (The Prickly Pairs). :)

Advertisement