Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wedding Music (Band, DJ, Singer) ONE POST PER BAND ONLY! Read post #1 First!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 micecce

Does anybody have any contact details for a band called Naked Bare from Co Clare? Ive searched the internet and no luck..

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭phantom60

Not sure if any bands look at this thread but........
    We're looking for a band for a wedding in Naas on October 29th this year.
    I know its leaving it late but we were just gonna go with a DJ for money reasons, but we're gonna go with a band now if we can.
    So, any band free on October 29th please PM me.
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Terence2727

Hi phantom, a band called millennium e-mailed me before , the seem ok a really cheap including d.j. Look them up.

I'm Still on the look out for a band for the 27th of april 2011 . Can any band that are available please e-mail please. The wedding is in gorey Wexford. I need to book a.s.a.p within budget
    Thanks
    Brian

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭phantom60

Hi phantom, a band called millennium e-mailed me before , the seem ok a really cheap including d.j. Look them up.

Thanks Brian, reall appreciate that.
    Has anyone seen Millenium play or heard anything about them ?
    Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭clint_silver

holuc wrote: »
    Has anyone had any of these bands at their weddings or attended a wedding where they played?

Electric Avenue (Drogheda)
    Twister (Navan)
    Stop the Clock (Navan)
    5th Avenue (Dublin)
    Controversial Allstars (Dublin).

Any feedback would be appreciated. Got our list narrowed down to these (we think so at the minute anyway!)

Thanks.

all excellent bands, you wouldnt go wrong with any of them. which maybe doesnt help, ring them all and get availability, then prices, then look at their setlists, they will all do a mix but you might have a couple of favorite songs that one of the bands do better then the other.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 rider66

Hi, I'm looking for a band to play our wedding reception in Enniscrone on the 15th of October THIS year. Yep, less than 2 months from now. :eek: If anyone can help with suggestions or a band can send me some info. that would be great. We're on a budget and getting a little worried, but we'd still like to get a live band. The crowd will number around 90-100 and be middle aged and up. We're hoping for a wide variety of music, including a bit of trad if possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 pixierosa

Hi all
    We are getting hitched March of next year and I am currently trying to track down the band of all bands. Personally my music taste covers the genre's - but overaall between myself and himself - alternative and rock is our cup of tea. Here lies the dilemma - need a band with this edge but also some floor fillers for the crooners and the aunties! If anybody could help or recomend any bands it would be much appreciated :D

pixierosa wrote: »
    Hi all
    We are getting hitched March of next year and I am currently trying to track down the band of all bands. Personally my music taste covers the genre's - but overaall between myself and himself - alternative and rock is our cup of tea. Here lies the dilemma - need a band with this edge but also some floor fillers for the crooners and the aunties! If anybody could help or recomend any bands it would be much appreciated :D

As always in these case, can you give the exact date as some bands may be booked for your date and general location (county will do) you maybe in donegal and a band may not travel out of cork. ;)

Ive pm'd you name of our band if youd like to enquire further

Clint.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭THEFRIDGE

Thinking about a getting a band for our wedding on the 7th October this year in Leixlip (shotgun wedding ) We are on a tight budget and looking for a 2 hour set. Please pm me with prices.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭gra26

Hi all,
    Just wondering if anyone has an idea how much the moog 69's or the LOL'S charge for weddings?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Fugs!!

Hi all

We're looking for a good Indie/Rock/Alternative band to play at a small wedding in East county Cork Next August. We are both music lovers and want something that appealing to us. If you can Play anything from Pearl Jam to David Bowie and even some Interpol or Elbow etc etc...

The wedding party will be small (About 60) so if you want to play a few acoustic songs that would be fantastic.

If anyone can help us out in anyway at all feel free to mail me.

Thanks

Liam & Eadaoin.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭holuc

Hi,

Does anyone know a band from Wicklow called Entourage and what do you think of them?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Has anyone here had Blacktye for their wedding or seen them play? We can't go to see them for 2 weeks so would love some feedback if anyone has seen them, thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭Ms.M

There's a band called Lebowski that did a friend's wedding. They're based in Waterford and play there a lot. They play decent stuff although I don't know about Pearl Jam! I'd check them out though, they're a gigging band so they're have the price of a wedding band. Best of luck and congrats!

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Zymurgist

Anyone have any recommendations for a band who would play in county Monaghan?

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Fugs!!

Ms.M wrote: »
    There's a band called Lebowski that did a friend's wedding. They're based in Waterford and play there a lot. They play decent stuff although I don't know about Pearl Jam! I'd check them out though, they're a gigging band so they're have the price of a wedding band. Best of luck and congrats!

Sorry but is this aimed towards me? If yes, Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 roxy9

Hi all, just wondering if anyone has heard of a band called Gobsmacked from Co. Roscommon. Interested in views back. We are thinking of booking them for our wedding and wanted to hear from anyone who has heard them live at a wedding. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 breffni babe

Yes they(gobsmacked) played at my friends wedding last year and they were brilliant. One off the best wedding bands iv heard in a long time.
    They had the crowd going all night and one of the band members was dj afterwards. I thought they looked very professional also as in they were all dressed in black tuxes! They played a range of music including a few waltzes for the older guests

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 b2b june2012

Hi All, I know its a long shot but thought its worth a try....

I'm getting married next June (2012) in St Albans, Hertfordshire and looking for a good band. Does anyone know of any good Irish bands (pop/rock/country/irish covers) based in London/Hertfordshire/Essex or that would be in the area or willing to travel on the weekend of Saturday 2nd June?! There will be approx 200-240 guests (lots travelling from Ireland!)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

http://vimeo.com/14582567
    Trio Royale

I heard these guys at a Wedding drinks reception in the Shelbourne and they were sublime

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Shyboy

Hi All, I know its a long shot but thought its worth a try....

I'm getting married next June (2012) in St Albans, Hertfordshire and looking for a good band. Does anyone know of any good Irish bands (pop/rock/country/irish covers) based in London/Hertfordshire/Essex or that would be in the area or willing to travel on the weekend of Saturday 2nd June?! There will be approx 200-240 guests (lots travelling from Ireland!)

Helen & No Hassle used to be very popular at weddings on the London Irish scene. I assume that they are still going. I don't have any contact details but try and google around for them.

Best Regards
    Jason

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

I had my wedding last week and we had The Poor Boys. I went for them as they are a bit more alternative, not the usual wedding songs. Still had everyone out dancing and I enjoyed them. Huge range of songs and great musicians. Definitely would recommend them if thats the kind of thing you are after. Also had the best price of any band I checked out.
    I have nothing to do with the band, just a happy customer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ghostbusters3

Having wedding in Cork on 18th of November this year - any bands available on that date? Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 tomfodge

The peter byrne glass onion band played at my cousins wedding two weeks ago I never heard of them before but did really enjoy them.
    http://www.theglassonionband.ie/
    I dont like weddings and I especially dont like the whole old people prancing around to country music and all that but I must say I enjoyed listening to these guys few years back I was as a wedding with the weightless astronauts I enjoyed them too good fun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

hi lads can anyone recommend a good and reasonably priced band around the Arklow area for my wedding. they would need to play all types of music from the 60's up to today and available to play the june bank holiday monday next year
    thanks

hi lads can anyone recommend a good and reasonably priced band around the Arklow area for my wedding. they would need to play all types of music from the 60's up to today and available to play the june bank holiday monday next year
    thanks

all the dublin bands and most countrywide ones will go to arklow so you have your pick if you want to go over the bands mentioned in this thread although I tried to list them recently and think i had over 50 counted. All the established bands will fit the bill for you for playing something for everyone.

Narrow it down to 3 or 4 from prices and recommendations and youtube videos, pick a weekend and drive around and see them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Has anyone else here had The Poor Boys at their wedding or seen them live? I've spent the last 3 hours going through wedding band videos on You Tube and I'm close to turning in to cheddar myself with the cheese but I really like the look of this band, they're a bit different, a bit more edgy.

Anyone have any personal experience of them? Thanks.

Clare Bear wrote: »
    Has anyone else here had The Poor Boys at their wedding or seen them live? I've spent the last 3 hours going through wedding band videos on You Tube and I'm close to turning in to cheddar myself with the cheese but I really like the look of this band, they're a bit different, a bit more edgy.

While I havent seen that band... most bands can and will do rockier stuff if you ask them, its just over the years they get asked to do "something for everyone", "waltzes for grannies" etc and they cant say no if they want to work so if you see a YT clip of a band doing a waltz you think they're not for you yet they could be the best rock/indie band on the scene and will only too happily oblige by not playing joe dolan.

Most bands play bars or viewing showpiece gigs 1-2 time a month, see them at these to get a good feel where you can ask them to do any song from their set.

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Tango One

Clare Bear wrote: »

I went to see them and thought they were good. I preferred the Troubadours live(excellent vocal) though seen them last week at a pub gig and they were brilliant, sadly when I went to book them they were booked the day before. Still sick over it back to looking through all the cheese .
    www.troubadoursband.ie

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9 thornbury1

Hi,

Has anyone heard of a two piece band called Lock and Load from Offaly? We're looking for music for pre reception drinks and possibly the church as well. Any feed back on these would be great.

Thanks.

Advertisement