Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wedding Music (Band, DJ, Singer) ONE POST PER BAND ONLY! Read post #1 First!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45 needtoknowasap

Hi all

We're getting married next September in Mullingar and looking for help finding a good band, will be a good mix of people at the wedding so want a band who caters for everyone. Any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭clint_silver

Hi all

We're getting married next September in Mullingar and looking for help finding a good band, will be a good mix of people at the wedding so want a band who caters for everyone. Any suggestions?

All bands will play a mix or they wouldnt be working much, 99% of bands in the country will go to mullingar including all the dublin bands so youre not limited in choice, you could get 50-60 bands from picking bands in this thread alone which isnt much of a help.

To ease your selection I'd suggest you pick a weekend when theres bands on in the park and bloomfield at weddings, if you get a weekend when theres weddings on both nights you could get to review 4 bands. get their names, ring the ones you like on the monday and ask for price and availability.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 little_a

We are getting married next September in Dublin (city centre) and are having difficulty finding a band. We really don't want any cheesy wedding stuff, but do want people to get up a dance. We really like more rock, alternative and some folk.

We tried The Panoramics and Late Nite Radio and both are booked. We were really keen on the Amazing Apples but they are provisionally booked on our date by someone else too.

Anyone know anything about the Converse Allstars (from Galway) or the Troubadours?

Any other suggestions??! Thanks for your help!

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

little_a wrote: »
    We are getting married next September in Dublin (city centre) and are having difficulty finding a band. We really don't want any cheesy wedding stuff, but do want people to get up a dance. We really like more rock, alternative and some folk.

We tried The Panoramics and Late Nite Radio and both are booked. We were really keen on the Amazing Apples but they are provisionally booked on our date by someone else too.

Anyone know anything about the Converse Allstars (from Galway) or the Troubadours?

Cheers

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=74148696&postcount=756

• Registered Users Posts: 5 little_a

Thanks KC66 for the recommendation, we got in touch with them but unfortunately they are booked :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 JoJoJoJoJo

Hi, I am looking for a band for a wedding in Galway next April and my budget is €1000. Can anyone help?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ciarangel

Hello,

Looking for a wedding band in Cork for 30th June 2012, not something too traditional, but something that will get people up dancing, and not something too loud!! Please PM me if you have any suggestions.

Thanks a million.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Anyone looking for a DJ in the south west area please have a look at http://www.rocentertainment.ie/news can recommend and good value also

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Might be looking for the impossible here but looking for a band to play at my wedding next year in Cork nothing traditional looking for a rock/pop style band here is the catch my budget is about 600e any suggestions

campo wrote: »
    Might be looking for the impossible here but looking for a band to play at my wedding next year in Cork nothing traditional looking for a rock/pop style band here is the catch my budget is about 600e any suggestions

you may find a tracked 2 or 3 piece that will do it for that price, cant see anything else as you probably know yourself the money established bands look for.
    Ask the hotels have they a list of bands, they usually have something for every type of budget. If those type of bands arent what youre looking for though, go to the bars in town at the weekend, theres usually some cool type bands knocking around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Mutz

I'd Just like to recommend Bumble Bee Honey to the people on here looking for band recommendations.

We opted for the 4 piece band, but you can also have the 5 piece if you are willing to pay more.

Will is the person you contact. He is also the lead singer in the band. We first saw them in a showcase at the Knightsbrook Hotel in Trim, Co. Meath. They were fun and energetic and play a great mix of music. I believe the band is based in Ballymoe in Co. Galway.

We got married in May 2011 in Clonakilty, West Cork and Bumble Bee Honey were an absolute pleasure to deal with. I actually feel a bit guilty about not reviewing them sooner as they were so good to both myself and my wife.

From the first dance to the national anthem at the end of the night, they had the whole place dancing all night long. Everyone was commenting on how good the band were and still comment on how good the wedding was.

We had a good mix of age groups attend our wedding reception which the band catered for.

Will's number is 087 2901200

• Registered Users Posts: 20 karlocooney123

ciarangel wrote: »
    Hello,

Looking for a wedding band in Cork for 30th June 2012, not something too traditional, but something that will get people up dancing, and not something too loud!! Please PM me if you have any suggestions.

Thanks a million.

This is a great opportunity for you or anyone else looking to book a band for your special day. The HooTs are a fresh new collaboration of Corks finest muso's who got together at long last after years of each member doing there own thang! Lead singer michelle Burke is from hit show 'Your a star' fame. The HooTs are available at a very competitive rate, with or without Dj. We recognise that times are tough at the moment :( so every bit helps. Check us out on youtube. We are 5 piece, and we will dress to impress for your day! So why not PM. Good luck with planning your day.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRIBUn_xy2c

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Tango One

little_a wrote: »

Cheers
    The Troubadours were brilliant, I thought about it for too long and they ended up being booked out. I ended up going a few good men great voice on the lead singer.

http://www.afewgoodmenband.com/fr_home.cfm
    www.glenbaker.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 cage999

hi guys has any one heard of a galway based wedding band called the " the amazing apples " ??

are they any good ?

suited for a wedding ??

• Registered Users Posts: 24,245 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

My brother's the drummer so I'm probably biased but, yes, they're very good and are doing a lot of weddings these days. All the lads are multi-instrumentalists who've been playing live since they were teenagers (trust me, I woke up to rehearsals involving 2 of the current line up for most of my college years, wasn't such a fan then!).

They learned how to handle crowds the right way: playing country pubs where having any band was a novelty for a few years, building their set list as they went before performing in pubs all around Galway City and only starting on Weddings a couple of years ago when they were polished. The variety of instruments they use give them a much fuller sound than your usual 5 piece too.

There's actually a few recommendations for them further back in this thread. Their facebook page is here:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Amazing-Apples/124329757078

If you go with them, make sure to ask them to include Mumford & Sons 'Little Lion Man' in the set list, they do an absolutely stonking version of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

cage999 wrote: »
    hi guys has any one heard of a galway based wedding band called the " the amazing apples " ??

are they any good ?

suited for a wedding ??

hey cage999, did you end up going with them? were looking at them aswell for our wedding. hope to go check them out them this weekend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 deiseman

Hi there, anyone ever heard or seen a band called Carouse? They are based down Waterford direction. thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭thirtypence

anyone hire a band for a wedding in south east recently? who is good out there? getting married in wexford next year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 daraoh

Hi,

has anyone seen the band from Dublin called Beatclub playing at a wedding? I know they do good pub gigs, but have never heard of how they play at a wedding and how they go down at a wedding.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1 beeekaay

Hey all just seen our name pop up on this thread in a google search. If anyone is interested in seeing us just check out our facebook page here https://www.facebook.com/pages/Lebowski-Waterford/231038398168
    It's updated every week and there is also contact info if anyone wants to get in touch. We are happy to travel anywhere in Ireland and have lots of weddings coming up in 2012 if viewings are required. Cheers!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 cage999

fifib wrote: »
    hey cage999, did you end up going with them? were looking at them aswell for our wedding. hope to go check them out them this weekend

hi fifib. no havent seen them yet hope to see them friday week . did you see them ? well ?

cage999 wrote: »
    hi fifib. no havent seen them yet hope to see them friday week . did you see them ? well ?

hi cage999, we saw them do a pub gig in town and they were excellent! we want to see how they get on with a wedding before we make decision but so far there are topping the polls...we might see ya friday week aswell!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭seanmc1980

If i hear sex on fire or don't stop believing on another bands website i'll shoot myself!!!!!!!!

Trying to get a band for a wedding in Sept 12.

I've like 3 bands and all 3 are booked on this date!
    The Marvils
    Few good men
    Spring Break.

does anyone have any suggestions on other bands like the above?

Thanks

seanmc1980 wrote: »
    If i hear sex on fire or don't stop believing on another bands website i'll shoot myself!!!!!!!!

Trying to get a band for a wedding in Sept 12.

I've like 3 bands and all 3 are booked on this date!
    The Marvils
    Few good men
    Spring Break.

does anyone have any suggestions on other bands like the above?

Thanks

if a bands set list are mainly old cheesey stuff, well thats their thing, theyre not going to have much new stuff, if a band have all new stuff, theyre not going to be working much, as most weddings are a full mix.

I'll repeat what I always say on here in these cases, any band worth their salt will have a big playlist. If you dont like a particular song on the setlist, ask the band not to do it.

If I play 100 weddings a year, 90 of them are mixed crowds with requests for waltzes and cheese, we just have to do it or we wouldnt be working much, but the odd few are only young people and we get requested to not play any cheesey old stuff and we just rock it out for the 2 hours. All you have to do is ask.

its your dollar. even if theres a song not on their site playlist you can ask them to play a song live. most should be able to accomodate unless its 4 rocker guys and youre asking for a celine dion number. still should be able to have a go though. :)

moral: dont limit your band search as you dont like a particular song on their setlist. If you dont like their entire setlist, thats a different matter.

are you saying sex ond fire and dont stop believing aren't cheezy!!!!!!! lol must be the 2 cheezist song ever, over played, sheep songs if u ask me.

:D
    seanmc1980 wrote: »
    are you saying sex ond fire and dont stop believing aren't cheezy!!!!!!! lol must be the 2 cheezist song ever, over played, sheep songs if u ask me.

Argumentative I suppose. Personally Id be going to the bar if I heard either of them and youre probably the same but I wouldnt have said cheese, more overplayed? Both songs never fail to get a crowd going though and thats what bands are paid to do, so you have a battle on your hands to get a band to play music you like and balance that against whether the songs will work at a wedding.

But how can you say you hate cheese but like those 3 bands that you listed. spring break cheesiest band around, theyre just really good at it. I know members in 2 of the of the other bands and know their sets, full of cheese. theres no way of getting round it, embrace the cheese!!! :D:D

lol, i do embrace the cheese!!!! i never said i didn't like cheese, i suppose i have a different opinion on what cheese is.

@seanmc - we also tried the Marvals but were booked out and they recommended The Incredibles...think their along the same lines. Dont know where your based but these guys based in Cork. I havent heard them play but just in case you have...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭garhjw

hi,

anyone seen Johnnie Be Goode? If so, any comments on them?

thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭mrsbouquet

anyone hire a band for a wedding in south east recently? who is good out there? getting married in wexford next year
    Have been to a couple of weddings in the Gorey area and the band that were playing were '' Get a grip '' and they are very good.:)

Advertisement