Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wedding Music (Band, DJ, Singer) ONE POST PER BAND ONLY! Read post #1 First!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭clint_silver

garhjw wrote: »
    hi,

anyone seen Johnnie Be Goode? If so, any comments on them?

thanks
    they are what they are, tracked rock'n'roll and a bit of abba. do what they and do it well.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Eerie

Just wanted to recommend the band "Goodfellas" - we had them play at our wedding last June and they were phenomenal! We went to a see a good few bands before we booked and I have to say they were the best by far - they could play ANYTHING! My family would be very into their music and even my big music snob of a brother had to agree that they were great! :P The lead singer is also a pleasure to deal with. They are expensive however our wedding was midweek so we managed to get a hefty discount.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭music producer

If you don't have the money for all the live music your heart desires - Wedding Music Project has some seriously great arrangements to consider. However, there's no vocal music - just instrumental versions of both traditional and contemporary wedding music.

If you don't have the money for all the live music your heart desires - Wedding Music Project has some seriously great arrangements to consider. However, there's no vocal music - just instrumental versions of both traditional and contemporary wedding music.

Definitely a market for this kind of stuff but
    Can you clarify if that is just church service and how the tracks would differ from any original recordings? your post seems to indicate its for the whole day and night with the term "all the live music the heart desires". What If the heart desires "I usedta love her" by the sawdoctors at 2am?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

Eerie wrote: »
    Just wanted to recommend the band "Goodfellas" - we had them play at our wedding last June and they were phenomenal! We went to a see a good few bands before we booked and I have to say they were the best by far - they could play ANYTHING! My family would be very into their music and even my big music snob of a brother had to agree that they were great! :P The lead singer is also a pleasure to deal with. They are expensive however our wedding was midweek so we managed to get a hefty discount.

I'm in the planning stages of planning now (yippie:)) and getting music sorted is very important to me.
    When you say the band was expensive what kind of price are you talking about? All of this is new to me so I don't know what can be considered expensive or not

• Advertisement

I'm in the planning stages of planning now (yippie:)) and getting music sorted is very important to me.
    When you say the band was expensive what kind of price are you talking about? All of this is new to me so I don't know what can be considered expensive or not

the going rate for a decent band and DJ is anything from 1500 up to 2500. You will get quotes either side of that.
    e.g, someone may say they got a 3 piece and a DJ for 1200, but some of the larger piece country wide bands may charge up to 3-3.5k

whether thats expensive has to be taken into context of what youre getting. If a 4 piece band are 1500, but another 4 piece band might be 2000, the second band might seem expensive, but you usually get what you pay for here. It might be the difference between a good band and a really good band, up to you where your budget is and what you want to pay. Theres sometimes an element of luck in finding the ideal band but do your research and youll be fine.

Every band recommended here should be in the business of getting everyone up dancing, so if you search through the list you will see "the band were brilliant, everyone up dancing all night" but you might not like the songs they do. You will only know if you go and view or see youtube clips or get first hand information, do not rely on anonymous message board notes for anything other then research.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Quack10

airwalk wrote: »
    Had them for my wedding and was not impressed at all. If you are thinking of using them PM me and I will let you know more.

what was wrong with them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭gar

We got married last month and we had the Bentley Boys play at our wedding.
    They did reception, Band and DJ. (We we looking for a one stop shop).
    I have to say they were absolutely brilliant and very professional.
    They had the dance floor heaving all night. There was no gap between the band finishing and the DJ starting which was great. Cormac was the lead singer and he was great craic and an amazing voice.
    All our guests loved them (young and old), they were still being talked about the next day.
    We sent them a short list of yes and no songs to play just to give them an idea of what we like. They were brilliant and would play what ever you wanted.
    Oh and we had a 4 piece band (keys, drums, bass & guitar) & a guitarist for the reception.

Highly recommend

Gar

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Cerlan

Hi I'm getting married on the 26th May 2012, and am looking for a modern / rock / alternative band rather than a traditional wedding band.
    Has anyone any recommendations thanks:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭sweetie

gar wrote: »
    They had the dance floor heaving all night. There was no gap between the band finishing and the DJ starting which was great. Cormac was the lead singer and he was great craic and an amazing voice.
    All our guests loved them (young and old), they were still being talked about the next day.
    We sent them a short list of yes and no songs to play just to give them an idea of what we like. They were brilliant and would play what ever you wanted.
    Oh and we had a 4 piece band (keys, drums, bass & guitar) & a guitarist for the reception.

Highly recommend

Gar

The bentley boys are certainly a good band. I will say that any professional dj will be ready to start the second a band finishes and that often means setting up at the same time as the band and waiting around for 2/3 hrs. Basically, this shouldn't be a sellin point for a band to do dj.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

How did the posters interested in Amazing Apples get on? The next wedding we can go see them isn't until 17th December

• Registered Users Posts: 24,245 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

If you want to see them performing, they're playing in the semi-finals of the Townhouse Bar's Battle of the Bands very soon:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1681665222

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Sleepy wrote: »
    If you want to see them performing, they're playing in the semi-finals of the Townhouse Bar's Battle of the Bands very soon:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1681665222

Thanks for that but we want to see them at a wedding.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

TillyGirl wrote: »
    How did the posters interested in Amazing Apples get on? The next wedding we can go see them isn't until 17th December

We booked them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭garhjw

hi there,

getting married in Rathsallagh House in Wicklow on 23/08/2012. Looking for a band to play. We would be looking for a set list that is mainly older stuff - 60s-90s.

please feel free to PM me.

thanks in advance,

gar

• Registered Users Posts: 28 JukeboxJurors

The Jukebox Jurors: We are a five piece covers band (also available as a seven piece band with horn section) completely live with a large repertoire of songs from the 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's right through to the present day.

We can also provide a dj service for before and after our band slot

You can check out recordings, reviews etc on our website: http://www.thejukeboxjurors.com

Areas covered: Antrim, Armagh, Cavan, Derry, Donegal , Down, Dublin, Fermanagh, Kildare, Laois, Leitrim , Longford, Louth, Meath, Monaghan, Offaly, Roscommon, Tyrone, Westmeath.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Looking for Church musicians for wedding in Dublin next year, guitar / violin / singer type combo, easy going church so it won't be strict to traditional music.

Please pm with details. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 waterford051

TillyGirl wrote: »

Hey did you go see Amazing apples at the wedding? What did you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 MHDesigns

Has anyone heard Electric Blue at a wedding? We saw them in Curraheen race track and they were good but wondered what they were like for a wedding :)

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭cmssjone

Hi there, we are getting married on July the 8th this year in Wicklow and don't even know where to start our search for music - the choice is mind-boggling! Ideally we'd like the whole shebang - church music, reception, wedding band and dj afterwards, but as our wedding is on a Sunday and we're on a pretty tight budget we're hoping not to have to remortgage our house. If there are any bands with availability on our date and a reasonable quote let us know, cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭DoubleJoe7

Hi guys,

Getting hitched in December in Tipp - looking for a decent band. We're having a young enough crowd - lots in their 20s and early 30s, but obviously older people there too so looking for something that strikes the right balance.

Was recommended The Marvels but they're not available on the days we're probably getting married.

After band DJ would be great and someone that does drinks reception music would be a huge bonus, but not essential.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭DoubleJoe7

gar wrote: »

Highly recommend

Gar

Hey Gar, what kind of price range are we talking for them?

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭beccaboom

we are looking for a DJ from 8.30 til 2.30 , donabate , 05.04.13........ how much would we expect to pay ?

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭CurranBun

We are looking for the complete package really.
    Would love if all could be supplied together, but most likely will not be possible.

looking for a
    singer for the church.
    1/2/3 piece (depending on price) irish traditional music for the hotel pre reception ie, christy moore, ceile songs, whickey in the jar, etc etc.
    Band for the reception
    DJ.

Wedding in Avoca 21st Dec 2012
    PM me if you meet any of the criteria above...

• Registered Users Posts: 5 mcfluff

Hi looking for an alternative, rock, swing, rockabilly, jazz band to play in dublin 16th august 2012, for a wedding
    looking at budget of 1 to 1.5 grand, any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭valpuk

Hi all

I travelled up to Arklow lBay Hotel yesterday for their wedding fair and held on to see The Wise Guys play in the lounge....they are brill
    My OH got excited about wanting to see them and they are very good at what they do
    The lead singer is also a DJ who will do the discs after the band has finished (wont just plug in a mp3 player)
    Sounds like a good idea as the whole package is there

We were thinking of getting music for the reception drinks and also the entrance to the function room but whats the point to be honest ???
    The bar area where the reception drinks will be has a brilliant sound system and I have organised it with the wedding coordinator that I will do up 2 seperate mp3 players and she will hook one up to the bar system and the other is for the function room while we are having our meal
    Saves us money and saves the band hanging around all day too :)

Mightnt suit some peoples tastes but suits ours and our pockets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

mcfluff wrote: »
    Hi looking for an alternative, rock, swing, rockabilly, jazz band to play in dublin 16th august 2012, for a wedding
    looking at budget of 1 to 1.5 grand, any suggestions?

The Modern Souls maybe? They're based in Tipp but I'm sure they'd travel.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Niall1983

Hello,

We are getting married in September 2012. We think traditional music for the entire evening would be a bit repetitive and not the best to get everyone dancing if you don't have a lot of Irish dancers in the crowd. So we are looking for a trad band that can play modern music in traditional style???

The idea would be maybe to have a half an hour dedicated to part of a polka set, a few Irish songs and the rest would be modern songs played in traditional style with traditional instruments, button accordian, fiddle etc.

Does anyone know of a band that does this type of thing??????

Thanks for any info

Niall

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭AoifeCork

Niall1983 wrote: »
    Hello,

We are getting married in September 2012. We think traditional music for the entire evening would be a bit repetitive and not the best to get everyone dancing if you don't have a lot of Irish dancers in the crowd. So we are looking for a trad band that can play modern music in traditional style???

The idea would be maybe to have a half an hour dedicated to part of a polka set, a few Irish songs and the rest would be modern songs played in traditional style with traditional instruments, button accordian, fiddle etc.

Does anyone know of a band that does this type of thing??????

Thanks for any info

Niall

You could get onto Hermitage Green and see what they quote! It might be a bit much but you never know.. they sound exactly like what you're looking for! Best of luck :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭gowayouttadat

Has anyone seen oceans 6 in cork live or at a wedding??

Advertisement