Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wedding Music (Band, DJ, Singer) ONE POST PER BAND ONLY! Read post #1 First!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 CrazyDaisy

sweetie wrote: »

check out The Soundmen Live Wedding Band they are excellent, resonable price and prompt response, dont have the email but you should find it on their website, they have a facebook page too. guy to contact is Dave.

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 David Whelan Music

Irish Traditional Instrumental Wedding Reception Music

MIDLANDS/SOUTH EAST AREA
    High quality and affordable Irish traditional instrumental solo performance for hotel wedding reception-- Email: irishweddingreception@gmail.com CALL: 0851601072

Here is a link to some recordings of the music I play at weddings:
    http://soundcloud.com/irishtraditional-hotelwedding-receptionmusic/sets/musical-examples-irish/

Facebook Link:
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Irish-Traditional-Instrumental-Wedding-Reception-Music/272522466174113

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭RickyBobby1

TotalBetty wrote: »
    Church singer available for weddings in the Galway area!

I am a professional level pianist and provide my own accompaniment and have had extensive vocal coaching. Very reasonable rates :)

Please PM me for details!

pm sent

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 92 ✭✭missyb

Hey does anyone know of a band called the Harleys? , also if they do weddings? My friend saw them play recently and thought they were great, any feedback? the wedding will be in the South.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭clint_silver

missyb wrote: »
    Hey does anyone know of a band called the Harleys? , also if they do weddings? My friend saw them play recently and thought they were great, any feedback? the wedding will be in the South.

yes, they do weddings, great rock band. good players.

ask them can you see them at a wedding.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jame Gumb

Blacktye played at my wedding...fantastic in my view...no connection other than a very satisfied customer

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭pada1981

anyone heard of the juke box jurors? any feedback? also, conventional allstars?, please any info would be greatly appreiceated

• Registered Users Posts: 46 ks652

We got married at the start of July. We had Limerick based band Hermitage Green. www.hermitagegreen.com

It was there first wedding. They learned a song for us, played over a 2 hour set for us even though the afters started 40 mins late due to speeches etc.

They WILL go on to big things! They were very reasonable at €1800.

Have a listen to their rendition of Florence & the machines Cosmic Love:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGvwOt6NiZ4

Highly reccomend them. PM with any queries

We got married at the start of July. We had Limerick based band Hermitage Green. www.hermitagegreen.com

It was there first wedding. They learned a song for us, played over a 2 hour set for us even though the afters started 40 mins late due to speeches etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭eeimcaw

Hey Folks,
    Getting married in Athlone on saturday march 23rd 2013. Looking for a good band to play at the reception, please post or send me a PM with any details that could help us out.
    Will be approx 200 guests at the wedding with majority of the the crowd being around the 30 mark.

Any bands feel free to contact me with quotes.

Thanks

• Advertisement

eeimcaw wrote: »
    Hey Folks,
    Getting married in Athlone on saturday march 23rd 2013. Looking for a good band to play at the reception, please post or send me a PM with any details that could help us out.
    Will be approx 200 guests at the wedding with majority of the the crowd being around the 30 mark.

Thanks

will need a moderator to confirm but I dont think thats actually allowed. ie, Bands (or any vendor) contacting over pm so dont know how many replies you will get.

Now if you were to contact a vendor that might be different.

All the bands you could wish for are listed in this post though so build up a list and fire off an email to 8-10 that fit the bill after you review their set list and read online reviews, narrow it down to 3 or 4 on budget and availability and go and view and pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

eeimcaw wrote: »
    Hey Folks,

Thanks

The Suite are based near Athlone and would appeal to that age group definitely.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭ryant1981

Getting married on 5th April 2013 in Laois & looking for a good lively, entertaining band for the evening reception. Any suggestions welcome

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭rustyf81

I think I've managed to pick the most popular day of the year to get married as every band I seem to ring are booked!
    I'm West of Ireland based and getting married on 5th July 2013.
    Really wanted Gobsmacked, Busy Fingers, Jive buddies but all are gone.
    I'm gutted - whoever said this wedding lark stuff was fun?!

If you know of any other band that would play something similiar (waltzes,jives,modern - cater all tastes)please reply.

Hi Does anyone have contact details for a band called the Harleys? I cannot find their details or anything about them as regards feedback for weddings or that they even play weddings. I hear they are a great rock band and on youtube it is very much their rock stuff you find (which I love) but I would need a diverse (not too cheesy) playlist for guests, so I was wondering does anyone know what their playlist for weddings is like? Im not on facebook (dont really want to be) so maybe I am missing a trick there as regards contacting bands. Any info appreciated, thank you

Ring 086 3447878 they're quite good at what they do.

Thanks! I have been emailing loads of bands, I am an idiot, engaged for a long time now , and have only started band searching, left it really late, whats more I am not liking alot of the set lists I am seeing.........

Thanks! I have been emailing loads of bands, I am an idiot, engaged for a long time now , and have only started band searching, left it really late, whats more I am not liking alot of the set lists I am seeing.........

what are you looking for in a set list and I might be able to point you in the right direction? when youre looking at the setlists, dont look so much at the songs you dont like, look at the ones you do as most bands will sit down with you and tailor the set for you. some wont. avoid those.
    they have to cater for many audiences so concentrate on the bands that have majority of songs that you'd like. If a setlist only contains 3-4 songs that you like, avoid those.

Thank you, I am currently in the process of eliminating! The soundmen, the poor boys and a few good men are looking decent, also velvet lounge band, would people have any preference/experiences with the above? Thanks for your help

Thank you, I am currently in the process of eliminating! The soundmen, the poor boys and a few good men are looking decent, also velvet lounge band, would people have any preference/experiences with the above? Thanks for your help

all excellent bands who know their trade. you wont be disappointed if you pick any of them, so now you're looking at budget and how you feel after speaking to them and viewing. 1 of them might be a little bit more expensive but totally sway you when you hear them. Always, always view. can not stress this highly enough.

If youve seen their setlists, you know what they can do, so if you go and view them and see them do cheesey stuff that you dont want, dont worry about it, just look at the dancefloor. The B&G may have asked for the waltzy stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 ✭✭kevmcdonnell

Myself and my missus just got married on the 28th of july and had smokin mojo as our band. If you are looking for a more alternative/ classic rock band who will have everybody on the dance floor the whole night then these are for you. Now i have no relationship with this band other than being very very happy customers. Dave the lead singer is a gent and will do anything and everything to make sure your entertainment goes without a hitch
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Smokin-Mojo/118928708175101

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Shooter_galway

ks652 wrote: »

€1800 for first wedding that's ridiculously priced for guys doing there first wedding

€1800 for first wedding that's ridiculously priced for guys doing there first wedding

agreed. ridiculous.

1800-2000 is a going reasonable rate for a decent band who know what they're doing.

not all is at seems with that post for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 ponderousanon

Hermitage green have an excellent reputation! I'm from limerick and hear people rave shout them a lot!!! I was surprised to hear they do weddings and pleasantly surprised by cost! Will definitely be looking into having them... If anyone has any more feedback on them at weddings it would be very much appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭mel1

€1800 for any freckin wedding, 1st or 100th is compleatly ridiculous is this economy, any number of excellent bands all over the country for around and under €1000.
    However if you know what you want and have enormous amounts of spare cash to throw about FIRE AWAY!

Extortion is the word for it!:eek:

mel1 wrote: »
    €1800 for any freckin wedding, 1st or 100th is compleatly ridiculous is this economy, any number of excellent bands all over the country for around and under €1000.
    However if you know what you want and have enormous amounts of spare cash to throw about FIRE AWAY!

Youll always get something to suit your budget but seeing as you seem to be an expert, Can you help some struggling boardies to save themselves some money and name the "any number of excellent bands" who will play a wedding for around and under 1000e please?

How many members are in these bands, how far will they travel, where youve seen these bands play and their pricelists, do they have ample transport and equipment for all rooms in the country? why are they only a grand or under when the going rate is twice that?

I work in the industry so be prepared to back up your "extortion" claim with something other than anecdotal evidence.

thanks.

FWIW, if youve only a grand or under as a budget, I'd suggest getting an all night DJ.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

I'm not in the wedding band industry, but would agree that with a good band, you get what you pay for and its worth the money. We paid a fair whack for our band. At first my husband was astounded at the prices, but then we were at a wedding with a 'bargain' band that were truly awful and the wedding died a death by about 11pm. Our band were able to read the crowd, ditch the 'waltzes' set after a song because the floor cleared, learned our first dance and were complete pros to deal with from start to finish. It was some of the best money we spent on our wedding and at least two other couples at our wedding have booked the same band for theirs because they made the night so good. Of all the things to skimp on, a band would be at the bottom of the list. I consider the money we spent on our brilliant band as a total bargain, considering what we got from them.

Just on Hermitage Green as my wedding band. They were excellent. Expensive but excellent!

Anyone I spoke to prior to booking them thought it was not a bad price in comparrison to others that are relatively unheard of. We didn't want a bunch of old foggies on stage either (no offence to anyone there). HG are professional musicians. That is all they do. They were epic on the night and fantastic every other time we have seen them.

Yes, I understand and do believe that €1800 is crazy money for a few hours work but we were willing to pay it just to have them.

Anyone need further info on them please PM me.

Thanks

Just been quoted 2250 for a band ah lads there's a recession on?!

Hi guys gettin married next July, looking for a band been quoted some exorbitant prices can anyone recommend a good reasonably priced band that are good to deal with?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭eddie73

mel1 wrote: »

Correct,

I used to play with a couple of wedding bands. We did not charge an arm or a leg, but there are overheads, and yes, tax to be declared too.

But to charge over 1500 euro for a band is too much. That is the reality of it.

You will get some rubbish bands who charge too much as well as very poor bands who dont charge enough, so go and hear the bands you are interested in and dont make a decision based on a strangers word on a forum.

Advertisement