Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wedding Music (Band, DJ, Singer) ONE POST PER BAND ONLY! Read post #1 First!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭clint_silver

buzz55 wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a band similar to either Pyramid or the Elastic band?

Neither are available for my wedding date in March.

what date in march and what county is the wedding?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

buzz55 wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a band similar to either Pyramid or the Elastic band?

Neither are available for my wedding date in March.

try Oddity also

• Registered Users Posts: 2 allbang

Hi All! :)
    We're Allbang 'n' Strummit, we're a four piece rock/pop cover band from Mayo! we are gaining a reputation as one of the west's best cover bands and have played in many large pubs, clubs and hotels in the west and north west.
    We play a mix of modern greats and classic oldies,catering for all occasions to keep people on the floor! We can also provide a Dj service after the Gig!:)

Here is a link to our facebook page : www.facebook.com/Allbangnstrummit

Regards, Conor! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18 corkbride

Hi,

I'm getting married in Cork in August and we are basically looking for a non wedding band for our wedding. I am looking for a really good covers band that will play a good mix of music but I dont want the the standard playlist that most wedding bands seem to have. I just find the whole thing really cheesy including the matching outfits etc. So if anyone could help me out I would really appreciate it. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 15 rugbymad08

im lookin for a band that will travel to clare for a wedding. who play alternative music to the normal wedding fare. music like led zeppelin, pink floyd and the clash

• Advertisement

rugbymad08 wrote: »
    im lookin for a band that will travel to clare for a wedding. who play alternative music to the normal wedding fare. music like led zeppelin, pink floyd and the clash

If its rockier bands you're looking for try google for one of these

The seducers
    The Harley's
    Blue moose
    J90

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭danois

Hi I'm looking for a wedding band in north wicklow for September 13th. I want a band that can play some older stuff to keep the folks happy but also some more up to date stuff and some 90's stuff. I'm thinking a band like smash hits who can also do some older stuff. Any suggestion greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7 wonder700

Hi looking for a band for this July the 27th and am struggling big time as people are all booked. Not really looking for a typical wedding band, no cheese but a good party band. Tried to get Prison Love but they're gone. If anyone can suggest something different but lively that'd be great, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 thuddy

Find your band yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭AoifeCork

corkbride wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm getting married in Cork in August and we are basically looking for a non wedding band for our wedding. I am looking for a really good covers band that will play a good mix of music but I dont want the the standard playlist that most wedding bands seem to have. I just find the whole thing really cheesy including the matching outfits etc. So if anyone could help me out I would really appreciate it. Thanks

Who did you end up going with Corkbride?! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭AoifeCork

wonder700 wrote: »
    Hi looking for a band for this July the 27th and am struggling big time as people are all booked. Not really looking for a typical wedding band, no cheese but a good party band. Tried to get Prison Love but they're gone. If anyone can suggest something different but lively that'd be great, thanks.

What county are you in and what genre are you leaning towards?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭harpsman

corkbride wrote: »
    Hi,

whats your definition of a good mix of music?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 mattstrafford

Hi Everyone,

I am part of Wedding Bands that play live everything from Queen, Lionel Richie through to Maroon 5, Cee Lo Green etc... With packages ranging from £650 - £1300 for a full nights party including our complimentary DJ service too. Websites Are

- Off The Cuff Wedding Band

Matt Strafford Duo Wedding Band

Thanks Matt Strafford

Hi Everyone,

I am part of Wedding Bands that play live everything from Queen, Lionel Richie through to Maroon 5, Cee Lo Green etc... With packages ranging from £650 - £1300 for a full nights party including our complimentary DJ service too. Websites Are

- Off The Cuff Wedding Band

Matt Strafford Duo Wedding Band

Thanks Matt Strafford

You know this is an Irish site, if youre only based in UK, it may help anyone looking for you to state that, or if you're willing to travel and you're printing costs, what any are if you'll travel to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 mattstrafford

Hello, We work in the UK & Europe. Traveling costs to Ireland will be included in the individual customers quote as it is dependent on time of year, distance etc...

Hello, We work in the UK & Europe. Traveling costs to Ireland will be included in the individual customers quote as it is dependent on time of year, distance etc...

thanks for clarifying. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭pooch90

Who in their right mind would pay for a band to travel from England??

• Registered Users Posts: 30 grahambol

You'd be surprised. I was at a wedding last year where the couple had paid the band to travel over from Hull in the UK. Mind you, they are not short of a few bob!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭pooch90

Were they living in UK/know the band?
    I wouldn't just pick a band randomly from abroad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭tipptopper

tomfodge wrote: »
    The peter byrne glass onion band played at my cousins wedding two weeks ago I never heard of them before but did really enjoy them.
    http://www.theglassonionband.ie/
    I dont like weddings and I especially dont like the whole old people prancing around to country music and all that but I must say I enjoyed listening to these guys few years back I was as a wedding with the weightless astronauts I enjoyed them too good fun

Peter played at my sister in laws wedding last Christmas 12 months in the Mount Falcon in Mayo and was absolutely brilliant. Seen they playing in the Quays in Galway once or twice and again were brilliant.

Can’t remember what they charged for the wedding but wasn’t overly expensive from what I can remember plus played on in the residents bar also (was included in the price I’m told)

Recommend them very highly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭davymoore

Traditional Group Available for weddings/ ceremonys/ partys Clare/Tip/Limerick area

Harp
    Uillean Pipes
    Vocals
    Banjo
    Fiddle
    Flute
    Mandolin
    Bouzouki
    Concertina
    Whistle
    Low Whistle

etc
    depending on your requirements

Church/reception etc

PM for details/quotes/references etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭INEEDANID

Hi All

We're getting married on 22/08/2014 in Killarney.

Looking for a band that will fill the dance floor and keep in full playing a mix of all types of music.

Anyone want to PM me with your details if your available.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,867 ✭✭✭budhabob

Anyone have any experience of Transmitter?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

whao.... is it ACTUALLY in the region of 2k for a wedding band and dj?? I'm trying to price stuff for my wedding.. going to really have to rethink having a band after reading thos thread.. Granted my wedding is a long way off but I hope that prices go down.. i'm 25 and can remember paying €200 for my 21st in which the dj played from half nine till 2!!

tatabubbly wrote: »
    whao.... is it ACTUALLY in the region of 2k for a wedding band and dj?? I'm trying to price stuff for my wedding.. going to really have to rethink having a band after reading thos thread.. Granted my wedding is a long way off but I hope that prices go down.. i'm 25 and can remember paying €200 for my 21st in which the dj played from half nine till 2!!

prices will not go down for good bands or djs. If you have a budget of a few hundred, Id suggest getting a really good all night DJ.

I know a couple of DJs who if you asked are doing anythign next friday, would they dj a wedding for 200e and they might do it if it was near where they live. Ask them would they do it 18-24 month from now for the same money and the answer would be a resounding no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

prices will not go down for good bands or djs. If you have a budget of a few hundred, Id suggest getting a really good all night DJ.

I know a couple of DJs who if you asked are doing anythign next friday, would they dj a wedding for 200e and they might do it if it was near where they live. Ask them would they do it 18-24 month from now for the same money and the answer would be a resounding no.

Thanks clint.. Ahhh, thats a huge huge bubble burst for me.. I might just have a dj then.. I know a friend in a band but its awkward asking them to do a wedding, ya know? Ah well!

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭the immortals

danois wrote: »
    Hi I'm looking for a wedding band in north wicklow for September 13th. I want a band that can play some older stuff to keep the folks happy but also some more up to date stuff and some 90's stuff. I'm thinking a band like smash hits who can also do some older stuff. Any suggestion greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

pm sent

• Registered Users Posts: 18 musicman100

rugbymad08 wrote: »

Enjoy the night... you and you six mates... while everyone else who forked out to go to the wedding will have a crap night.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 musicman100

Ok , maybe that was a bit harsh . But do think of your guests, going to a wedding is expensive and they ALL deserve a good night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭harpsman

Ok , maybe that was a bit harsh . But do think of your guests, going to a wedding is expensive and they ALL deserve a good night.
    Does seem to be a recurring theme on this site of people having afaics a normalish wedding with all the aunts and uncles and disparate group of friends but want "cool" band that dont play the usual wedding fare.
    What people dont realise is that the reason most bands play the usual wedding tunes is that they appeal to a wide audience and will get people out on the dancefloor.

Advertisement