Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wedding Music (Band, DJ, Singer) ONE POST PER BAND ONLY! Read post #1 First!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Cailleachdubh

Any wedding bands available for the 21st of June by any chance? Please PM me. I know it's short notice :). Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 35 thuddy

PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 18 garglegar

Hi was thinking of booking prison love for my wedding in Mayo next year. Saw them a few years ago and they were really good. But have never seen them at a wedding. Just wondering has anyone heard them at a wedding recently and what did ye think??
    Also any alternative bands ye could recommend?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 High Decibel

Any wedding bands available for the 21st of June by any chance? Please PM me. I know it's short notice :). Thanks

PM sent :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

We are getting married in Clare on the 2nd August 2014 any band available please PM :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Here Comes The Trio

Hey everyone, we're not technically a band but are still wedding entertainment so here goes!

We're a string trio who as well as performing all the major classical repertoire, also love playing contemporary music! We have arranged a load of pop tunes, rock songs, a bit of traditional music, a bit of jazz as well as a load of tangos, each at the request of specific couples or groups hiring us.
    We've performed for numerous Church and civil ceremonies, and these included requests for music by Neil Diamond, Metallica, AC/DC, MGMT, Adele, Christina Perri and many more!
    Wtih such a versatile group, you could have us for your ceremony, drinks reception, your day after party, an alternative evening reception or even during dinner.We're based in Cork and are available for weddings in the Munster area (sometimes we'll travel).

You can read a full list of our music we've arranged, some feedback from our previous clients, and take a listen to us on our website: www.herecomesthetrio.com

We strive to provide excellent music at an affordable price - with the going rate for ceremony musicians on many forums being defined as €200+ per musician, you might like the sound of the cost for the trio!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 nancy1979

Completely new to wedding planning. Does anyone know of any good bands in Wicklow or that will travel to Wicklow? Really don't know what kind of band to go for. Have some time on my side as our wedding isn't until next summer but have heard bands can get booked up quite quickly!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭clint_silver

nancy1979 wrote: »
    Completely new to wedding planning. Does anyone know of any good bands in Wicklow or that will travel to Wicklow? Really don't know what kind of band to go for. Have some time on my side as our wedding isn't until next summer but have heard bands can get booked up quite quickly!

all dublin bands will go to wicklow so you have your pick. unfortunately you are correct, summer dates tend to go quickly from the 18 months beforehand for better bands but you should be able to get someone.

settle on a rough budget and try and get someone for that. when contacting any bands always give an exact date and rough venue location as they may not be available.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭fima

We are getting married in Clare on the 2nd August 2014 any band available please PM :)

PM Sent :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17 cityscapemusic

130413-hard-landings-band-logo-21.jpg
    Hi folks,
    Just throwing our hat in the ring : )

We do:
    (1) An energetic and event-appropriate evening reception set, entirely tailored to your wishes (we'll learn the songs you want to hear).
    (2) The ceremony, church or civil, on any combination including voice (or voices), piano, guitar, violin, cello and/ or clarinet.
    (3) An afternoon reception on solo piano or with any combination of the above.
    (4) A DJ set with all your favourite wedding songs.

We are:
    (1) Highly experienced and professional musicians who have been performing at weddings and other events in various bands around Ireland for nearly ten years. Chances are you've seen at least one of us play : )
    (2) Great value for money - we'll play the evening reception for as little as 200 euros per musician (and it's up to you how many of us you want).

Check out our website, and email us (kelleherjohn62@gmail.com) or leave a message on the contact form!

Looking forward to hearing from you,
    John

email: kelleherjohn62@gmail.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭nuttykat

Hi all,Has anybody heard gorillaradio play at a wedding? Thinking of booking them based on a recommendation but just weary.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 rg99

talented midlands based 9 piece band. Brilliant prices and very unique. Brass section seperates them from other wedding bands that will charge way more! contact through facebook for more :)https://www.facebook.com/gmsofficial?fref=ts

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Mrs JackDaniels

Hello I'm looking for a non cheesey wedding band for my wedding February next year that doesn't cost the earth! My wedding is in gorey co wexford, also is it the norm for bands to charge you for their travel expenses? Surely that should be factored into the price? I'm new to all this so please feel free to correct me :)

Hello I'm looking for a non cheesey wedding band for my wedding February next year that doesn't cost the earth! My wedding is in gorey co wexford, also is it the norm for bands to charge you for their travel expenses? Surely that should be factored into the price? I'm new to all this so please feel free to correct me :)

youll have your pick of dublin bands to go down there, lots of alternative bands available and dont be put off by a setlist on a website that contains some cheesey songs. musicians have to be able to play them or they wouldnt eat much. look for a decent cross section of songs that includes some songs you like and when you go and view ask for no or minimal cheesey songs on the night.

usually travel should should be factored into the costs but sometimes its not. When its not it should be broken down for you so youll be told something something like 200e travel costs 45 minutes outside of newlands cross.

Why do some bands break down travel costs? its arguable whether they should. ring any band ask for a quote
    Band A: 1800e plus 200e to go to gorey
    Band B: 2000e

while theres some transparency on the costs, does it matter to you when youre handing over the same fee? The argument for it is that if you really want a band you can book them for cheaper if youre venue is nearer to them but then again, Band B would probably give yo a cheaper quote if you asked them too.

Thanks for the replies guys also am I wrong to expect a discount considering my wedding is in February which is off season?

Thanks for the replies guys also am I wrong to expect a discount considering my wedding is in February which is off season?

not at all, negotiate if its a saturday in august or a wednesday in february.

Its a balancing act between you getting the band you want and trying to get them for the right price, the closer it gets to the date (inside 12 months is a countdown) a bands wiggle room gets greater. even if you waited til 2-3 weeks beforehand you could get an amazing band for a huge discount as they might take the gig for a really low price rather than do nothing but youre gambling the closer you get to the date.

Whoever you ring, ask as nice as you can and nice things will happen. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 dedoc_99

Hi there,

I'm getting married in Laois in March 2014 and was wondering if anyone has any wedding band tips. Many of my friends have gotten married before me, and I'm quite bored by the cookie cutter format of wedding. I'd like something a bit different - No "Sweet Home Alabama", no "That's Amore", and no "Ring of Fire." Ideally, I'd love a band that could call a few ceili dances as well, but I know that's asking the world, and it probably doesn't exist. I'm trying to organize the wedding from abroad, so it's been really difficult so far.

Any tips or advice on how to mix it up a bit would be muchly appreciated. I don't know where to begin!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 rg99

Rg99 if you are part of good man Sheila good you check your Facebook please

• Registered Users Posts: 2 carmelcronogue

Hi, I am looking for a band for a small wedding on June 21. South Dublin for approx 3 hours. Can anyone help please?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 thuddy

PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Aikau

Hi All,
    Great Thread. Can anyone help me out as I am looking to hire a marching band for my wedding. Any advice, help and feedback is appreciated.
    :)

Aikau wrote: »
    Hi All,
    Great Thread. Can anyone help me out as I am looking to hire a marching band for my wedding. Any advice, help and feedback is appreciated.
    :)

get in cnotact with the nearest band to the venue http://www.irishmarchingbands.org/. I take it its for some sort of evening entertainment and half guessing you seen then that edinburgh military thing the secret drum corp do every year.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0x3jARfUffY

I seen a marchign band once at a wedding, definitely worth a watch as its outside the norm but Im going to suggest its very pricey for what it is which will be a 20-25 minute max event. The time I seen it, the groom was a member so it was a treat for the audience.

work out how much it would cost you to get 15-20 musicians to perform for a night, then think that its going to be mostly kids/teenagers and he event will be late at night. Id be interested to know myself if you get any quotes from the bands from that link..

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Ger09

Hi Folks,

For any couples after a non traditional wedding band we will be showcasing in The Roost Maynooth At 9 pm on the 06/06/13 which is Today Thursday :) We cover Rock/Indie songs with the odd funk tune thrown in too,So if any couples looking into bands are in the area pop in and check us out.

Thanks

https://www.facebook.com/highdecibelband

• Registered Users Posts: 21 labelladejour

Ger09 wrote: »
    Hi Folks,

For any couples after a non traditional wedding band we will be showcasing in The Roost Maynooth At 9 pm on the 06/06/13 which is Today Thursday :) We cover Rock/Indie songs with the odd funk tune thrown in too,So if any couples looking into bands are in the area pop in and check us out.

Thanks

https://www.facebook.com/highdecibelband

Hi. Is there any video on youtube or a myspace page?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Ger09

Pm Sent :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17 cityscapemusic

PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Lainey82

Hey guys,
    I'm looking for recommendations on wedding bands operating in the midlands area. Wedding is booked for August 2014 with quite a mix of people going so kinda looking for a band that will get everyone going. Any recommendations would be really appreciated.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 28 JukeboxJurors

Lainey82 wrote: »
    Hey guys,
    I'm looking for recommendations on wedding bands operating in the midlands area. Wedding is booked for August 2014 with quite a mix of people going so kinda looking for a band that will get everyone going. Any recommendations would be really appreciated.
    Thanks

pm'ed you :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 ficoun

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone know of any good bands that sound similar to Hermitage Green or the Amazing Apples... that still play at weddings?? Neither of these bands seem to play weddings anymore unfortunately :-(
    Looking for a band that does covers (moderns, rock etc) but with a kind of folky / trad / bluegrass feel to them

Any help will be greatly appreciated!
    Cheers

Advertisement