Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wedding Music (Band, DJ, Singer) ONE POST PER BAND ONLY! Read post #1 First!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Looking for a band for a wedding in Wicklow in early April. A band that will play some of the older stuff like Led Zepp, Bob Marley and Doors, and some good newer stuff. No killers, mumford, Kings Leon or any of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Gettin Hitched2015

Hi folks, new to Boards, looking for some wedding advice. Desperately seeking a band for New Years' Day 2015. Seems to be a more popular date than I thought. Have looked up the Showcase bands in Cork but nothing amazing there really.. would like something a little bit different without being too novelty ish. ABSOLUTELY NO WALTZS OR GALWAYS GIRL... any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Daisy Dalzer

Hello
    We are looking for a band for next February to play our wedding in Co. Clare. We loved Amazing Applies at a friends wedding but they are not doing weddings anymore. We really liked the look of "Till Death Do Us Party" also but they are booked on our date.. Has anyone got any ideas? Feel like we've been looking for ages but keep getting sidetracked!

Also interested in hearing from ceremony singers/musicians- we're having a civil ceremony in a hotel and would love to have songs like Higher and Higher by Jackie Wilson, Ain't No Mountain High Enough but also perhaps a Van Morrison song or something.. Most of people we are checking out online only have a list of hymns with a couple of other non religious songs thrown in so it's hard to get an idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

Hello
    We are looking for a band for next February to play our wedding in Co. Clare. We loved Amazing Applies at a friends wedding but they are not doing weddings anymore. We really liked the look of "Till Death Do Us Party" also but they are booked on our date.. Has anyone got any ideas? Feel like we've been looking for ages but keep getting sidetracked!

We had Amazing Apples at our wedding last September. tis a pity they no longer do weddings now! at the time it was a toss up between them and Oddity, you could maybe check them out. They play alot in Monroes here in Galway also and have a big following.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭clint_silver

Hello

Also interested in hearing from ceremony singers/musicians- we're having a civil ceremony in a hotel and would love to have songs like Higher and Higher by Jackie Wilson, Ain't No Mountain High Enough but also perhaps a Van Morrison song or something.. Most of people we are checking out online only have a list of hymns with a couple of other non religious songs thrown in so it's hard to get an idea.

for the church, you have to remember youre dealing with musicians who can play and sing pretty much anything. do not be put off if you dont see a song on their setlist. theyll know hundreds more and will learn your song for you if you ask them. narrow it down to 2 or 3 you like the sound of and then put your own songs to them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭_Lady_

Hey guys, we're getting married in the Midlands on Oct 24th 2014 and trying to find a band with a wide mix of influences as we really cross the board in terms of genre - classical, trad, Irish, modern country, to rock, pop and metal. Would love a band that could squeeze in some foos or muse or AC/DC but would still do the hills of donegal or Galway girl or US rock country stuff if you know what I mean? Can people recommend any bands that would do it all with style without completely breaking the bank?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Looking for a band for a wedding in Wicklow in early April. A band that will play some of the older stuff like Led Zepp, Bob Marley and Doors, and some good newer stuff. No killers, mumford, Kings Leon or any of that.
    Found a band-Converse Allstars

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭PCros

Hi Guys,

Any bands free on the 24th May next year for a wedding that will play a good mix of classic rock numbers and some all time classics plus keeping up to date with current acts like Aviici, Daft Punk etc.

PM with any details - €1500 is budget for band and DJ.

Thanks

PCros wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Any bands free on the 24th May next year for a wedding that will play a good mix of classic rock numbers and some all time classics plus keeping up to date with current acts like Aviici, Daft Punk etc.

PM with any details - €1500 is budget for band and DJ.

Thanks

location? (county will do)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭PCros

Sorry its Malahide, Dublin

Thanks,
    Paul

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭conf101

Anyone here had All Talk as their wedding band or been to a wedding where they've played?

What were they like?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 cityscapemusic

pm sent

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭BarneyMc

Looking for a decent band to play for our wedding on May 17th 2014 near the Monaghan/Louth area. Would expect the usual mix of music to suit all tastes but with a rock emphasis. Budget of €1,500. Interested bands please PM me. Thanks! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭TankGuy

Hi,

Looking for a wedding band for 18th Oct 2014 in the Wicklow area. Bands please PM with details.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Pininfarina

Hi,

Anyone know of a 2/3 piece acoustic band for a small wedding? Looking for 60s/70s/80s with an Irish twist.

Not interested in a typical band with drums, electric guitar, etc.

Date is 19th September 2014 in Carlow area.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 dadam

TankGuy wrote: »
    Hi,

Looking for a wedding band for 18th Oct 2014 in the Wicklow area. Bands please PM with details.

Thanks

Recently married and had "till death do us party" play the reception. They were amazing! Can't recommend them highly enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 reeko

We are getting married in Kenmare on friday may 30th 2014. We are trawling through the internet to find a band.
    Has anyone any recommendations?
    We are both in our late 20's so we enjoy a wide range of music. Rock, 90's pop, dance, blues brothers.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 dadam

reeko wrote: »
    We are getting married in Kenmare on friday may 30th 2014. We are trawling through the internet to find a band.
    Has anyone any recommendations?
    We are both in our late 20's so we enjoy a wide range of music. Rock, 90's pop, dance, blues brothers.

As I mentioned already!

Recently married and had "till death do us party" play the reception. They were amazing! Can't recommend them highly enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭backtobass

Hi, we have formed a new classic rock band from Cork City if anyone is looking for a pure classic rock band to play for a function, a 25 to 30 song set of classic rock only. Our facebook page is www.facebook.com/crisisrockband where they are some clips of the band. Available from January 2014 for bookings.Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Shinny270712

Paula D wrote: »
    Unfortunately, bands do get very highly paid for the pleasure of playing at your weddings...
    However there is a lot more pressure on the band to have things as tight as possible to avoid anything going wrong, after all, one bad review ruins the band in both the wedding scene and the music scene..
    And some of the lists we ve been handed by the bride and groom of their favourite songs that we have to learn from scratch, means much of our work is done prior to the actual Big day.

We ve reduced ourselves from a four piece band to a two piece, simply to make ourselves more affordable to couples who are struggling enough to pay for everything else on their big day.
    If you re on a budget, want a lively male/female duo with disco to follow,and no gap between both, plus a free dvd slideshow of all your embarrassing "baby to now" photos, all for 1000€.

What can I say ... you ll love us

HITCHED

Tom - 0876466710
    Paula- 0863065239
    Hi paula, are you still doing weddings? Have you a website or Facebook page?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Grimble Gromble

Hi,

I'm getting married July 25, 2014 in Cork. Just starting into the band research so I'm open to any bands sending me on links/details etc if you want to reply or send me a PM.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Moyes_Boys

Hi,

im looking for a wedding band for the 13th of September 2014 at Kilashee house, naas. Thought it would be worth a shot to post something here as i do not have a clue where to start the search!

any replies would be greatly appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 cfitz86

Also looking for a band similar to amazing apples/free beer, to play in Clare in June 2015

• Registered Users Posts: 6 mcland

Abyone ever had Request wedding band from Wexford area? Would love to get some reviews as looking at them for our wedding.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭gaillimhabu

Getting married July 2014 in Galway

Deciding between these two bands at the moment. Similar price range

We are looking for a band that does a good variety of music as we feel that a lot of the current bands are gone too modern.

We would like a mix of music that would suit waltzes, jives, siege of ennis, shoe the donkey and some modern as well.

Also traditional music would be a bonus for one or two songs.

Hence why we are going for these two as they seem to fit the bill. They also provide a DJ option. Any opinions if you have seen either at a wedding or of other bands that are of similar vein?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1 bricin

Good morning,

Getting married in Galway May 2014. We are looking for a band who don't cost the earth (well under 1000E) I know you are out there.
    We are unfussy and easygoing, we'd be looking for a 8-10/11pm shift probably so bit earlier than usual.
    Trad, covers, rebel songs all considered. Pm if interested.

Cheers :)

bricin wrote: »
    Good morning,

Getting married in Galway May 2014. We are looking for a band who don't cost the earth (well under 1000E) I know you are out there.
    We are unfussy and easygoing, we'd be looking for a 8-10/11pm shift probably so bit earlier than usual.
    Trad, covers, rebel songs all considered. Pm if interested.

Cheers :)

go to the hotel where youre getting married. theyll have a list of bands on their supplier list. literally hundreds of 2-3 piece bands knocking around.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭questionmark?

Hi Guys,

Looking for a band for a wedding in April 2015. Venue will be in County Kerry. Any recommendations. Don't want complete cheese but a band that has a wide range of songs to keep everyone happy and the dance floor full. :cool:

Any bands reading this your welcome to PM me with detials of your band/price/website/videos.

many thanks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

hey,

looking for a band in the kildare are on the 28th june this year....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 clynch8282

Hey,

I'm also on the band & DJ search. Looking for a band for our wedding in July in Boyne Hill Estate in Meath. The band set up area is pretty small so I don't think larger bands would suit.

I have tried one or two bands already but unfortunately they are booked up!

If anyone has any suggestions, let me know,

Thanks!

Advertisement