Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wedding Music (Band, DJ, Singer) ONE POST PER BAND ONLY! Read post #1 First!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭clint_silver

clynch8282 wrote: »
    Hey,

I'm also on the band & DJ search. Looking for a band for our wedding in July in Boyne Hill Estate in Meath. The band set up area is pretty small so I don't think larger bands would suit.

I have tried one or two bands already but unfortunately they are booked up!

If anyone has any suggestions, let me know,

Thanks!

what date in july, youll get a 6 piece on there at a squeeze.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭padski08

Hey

Also on lookout and search for a wedding band/ DJ currently.
    Date will be April 9th 2015
    Wedding venue is on Kildare/ Dublin border

Open to PM's from interested wedding bands/ DJ's

Would be interested in ceremony, evening band and DJ.

We like good mix of music from 70's up to modern day songs

• Registered Users Posts: 7 clynch8282

what date in july, youll get a 6 piece on there at a squeeze.

19th July - that's great - I thought the space was smaller but this frees me up to look at slightly bigger groups too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Mordo

Hey

On lookout and search for a wedding band/ DJ currently.
    Date will be May 9th 2015
    Wedding venue is the four seasons in carlingford

Open to PM's from interested wedding bands/ DJ's

I would love if there was mulitple vocalists in a band. Maybe with some beach boys in there playlists.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭DeadlyH83

Hi,
    We need to book a band for our wedding in Cork City in September 2015 if anyone wants to send me info.
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

looking for a band for this new years eve in the Louth area

all suggestions welcome

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭ElectraBlue

Not my band but HAVE to recommend an amazing band 'Smooth' available for weddings/parties at a very very reasonable price. They did a couple of friends weddings last year (had dance floor rocking!) and several birthday parties since, I'm amazed there's no mention of them here yet. They are based in Dublin/Kildare and are willing to travel - their lead singer Vicki Duffy is one hell of a powerhouse singer!

Just doing them a favour by posting this up as they really deserve a mention.
    I won't put their numbers up (as it's not my place) but if anyone wants to check them out PM me and I'll be happy to pass on the contact numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Spudley

Hey folks, are bands replying to you via pm when you put your dates etc on here?

Spudley wrote: »
    Hey folks, are bands replying to you via pm when you put your dates etc on here?

it's against boards rules as it is in effect soliciting even though it was requested.

A mod could clear it up by saying if a poster requests if a vendor is free then a pm is ok.

Following it up, I'll check with the mods.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 clynch8282

Spudley wrote: »

I've gotten a couple of PMs from bands who are available. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭turniphead

Hey everyone,

Looking for a band for 1st Aug 2015 in Cork. All recommendations appreciated.

Thanks.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Hi folks, sorry for the delay in replying to this, I posted on Tuesday (at least I thought I did) but it doesn't seem to have worked. Damn phone.

My thoughts on bands replying via PM are that it's permitted under the following circumstances:

1. The band sending the PM are replying to a specific request from a user asking for available bands to contact them by PM. Bands/djs/singers MUST NOT contact a user by private message unless the user has specifically stated that they want to be contacted in this manner.
    2. The band/dj send the PM a within a reasonable timeframe from when user posted on the thread, for example: not firing off a random message to a user in response to a 6 month old post.
    3. Bands/djs who send the PMs must be CONTRIBUTING members of Boards.ie, by that I mean they must be active on the site in some capacity other than simply having an account to organise gigs for themselves.

To expand a bit on the third point above, the same rules apply to the PM system in regards to advertising/self promotion as to the rest of the site. Contrary to what some users believe, mods can't read people's PMs, so I'd ask that users who are contacted by bands/djs/singers who are not contributors (By 'contributor' I mean an active poster, not someone who has an account with no posts, or an account with a very low amount of posts) to the site to use the 'Report' function on the message (similar to reporting a post in the forums). If a PM is reported then an Admin can see the reported message.

It goes without saying that PMs sent to users must be in relation to a request they've put on the thread. Sending something like "Hi, I saw your post looking for wedding bands to PM you. I'm a florist and if you're still looking for someone to sort the flowers I'd love to quote you." would be considered spam and would result in the sender being banned from this forum, and most likely the entire site. Again, I'm asking that if a user receives a message like this that they report the message.

It might also be a good idea for users to post back to the thread if they have found a band, that way they won't be getting new replies after they've already got something booked and so that bands won't be taking time out to PM them when there's no chance they'll make a booking.

Ok, I think I've covered it here, if anyone is unsure about any of this feel free to PM either Iguana or myself and we'll do our best to clarify.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ardreigh

Hey Guys - I'm getting hitched up in Donegal (Ballyliffin) on Sep 12th 2014. Any recommendations or PM's on music for the evening more than welcomed! Budget Conscious!
    Cheers,
    Marc

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Reminder to all performers, only one 'plug' post per act is permitted on the thread. Repeatedly plugging your act may result in your being banned from the forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭DrWu

DeadlyH83 wrote: »
    Hi,
    We need to book a band for our wedding in Cork City in September 2015 if anyone wants to send me info.
    Thanks

Divine Invention are really good and are often down in your neck of the woods. Think they played The Oak a couple of weeks ago!

Just to clarify I'm not in this band nor do I know anyone in it!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Hi Guys

Big day is coming up next year and hoping for a Band. Looking for a 90's band and DJ for 25th of Sept 2015 in Castleknock. We'd like a band to play the like sto Mr Vain, N-Trance, 5ive, Fresh Prince, 2unlimited, and maybe a few classics for the older crowd.

PMs welcome :)

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Hi Guys

Big day is coming up next year and hoping for a Band. Looking for a 90's band and DJ for 25th of Sept 2015 in Castleknock. We'd like a band to play the like sto Mr Vain, N-Trance, 5ive, Fresh Prince, 2unlimited, and maybe a few classics for the older crowd.

PMs welcome :)

pumpupthejam are what youre looking for, theyre the best at that type of stuff.

or get a regular band and get DJ to play a 90s set.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 HQ

Getting married in Letterkenny 22 august and looking for a band playing 90s stone roses ect and classics acdc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭NewMrs2b

Hi

I am looking for a church singer in the Wexford area for Oct 2015 we are getting married in Gorey (church yet to be confirmed)

If anyone has any advice would be great :)

Thanks,

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

We heard The Rock Tribunal band me thinks that was then in Dublin at the weekend and they are a rocking rock band cant find a website though does anyone else know of them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭turniphead

Any recommendations for church music in Cork? We'd love a traditional male voice.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 28 hochnie

Hi, looking for a band and dj for the 4th of october in gorey. Ideally can play a few tunes for the older generation but mainly want someone who can entertain 30 somethings with plenty of classics from the 80s and 90s.thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭J6P

Looking for band/dj for a marquee wedding 15/08/15.

Pm's welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 fuzz11

Hi all,

Looking to book all talk for my wedding. Has anyone used them or seen them at a wedding??

Thanks

J6P wrote: »
    Looking for band/dj for a marquee wedding 15/08/15.

Pm's welcome.

Location? County will do. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭KittyMcM

Hi, I'm looking for a singer/duo for civil ceremony in Cork, August 29th. I'm finding it hard to find singers that are not tenors or classically trained. Something a bit more alternative would be great. Pm please, thanks

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I've decided I don't want a band... I just want a good DJ for the whole night..

Reception is in Trim.. March next year..

Any DJ's here want to Tender for the gig :D ??

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭amor3

Looking for wedding band/DJ package, 21st march 2015, Westmeath area..

xzanti wrote: »
    I've decided I don't want a band... I just want a good DJ for the whole night..

Reception is in Trim.. March next year..

Any DJ's here want to Tender for the gig :D ??

Date? Gotta know if we're free first. :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Date? Gotta know if we're free first. :)

21st of March 2015 :)

Cheers

Advertisement