Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wedding Music (Band, DJ, Singer) ONE POST PER BAND ONLY! Read post #1 First!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Just posting our new Promo Video.

Twisted Ninja are a 4 piece fully live rock band.

Web: www.twistedninja.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 25 brop

Jem123 wrote: »
    We have booked Springbreak for our wedding in July. Saw them recently and I was thrilled we chose them :D

Hi just wondering how much they cost?

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭Malmedicine

Hi all,

Looking for a band for a wedding in Leitrim on Friday 1st May 2015.

Looking for a memorable band playing some rock, pop and covers. Ideally to include dj set.

PMs welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Sorry I cannot find the post now but did someone say on this that they got Explosive Entertainment to do their wedding day. If so where they good seem to be very well priced

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭clint_silver

Just posting our new Promo Video.

Twisted Ninja are a 4 piece fully live rock band.

Web: www.twistedninja.ie

Quality vid lads, ending is great. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Quality vid lads, ending is great. :D

Cheers, was a laugh to make.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 lucky_mooo3

Hey all!! Hoping someone can help. I am looking for a solo trad/acoustic musician for my wedding in Meath next year.

They are required for residents bar (so this is a late gig from abt 2-4) entertainment with possibility of also being required for dinner music too.

Look forward to hearing from you!

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Friday 10th of July 2015, wedding band required for Wicklow.

Looking for something preferably 4 or 5 piece with some brass, kinda rocky, bitta cheese too, lively and up tempo is key.

Budget is pretty flexible at circa €2500 and ideally facility for a DJ included.

PMs welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭djdunny

Hey Guys, looking for some recommendations

We had our hopes set on the Hitmen Trio, we loved the whole acoustic thing and it was a nice change to the standard big wedding band.

Anyway theyre not available for our date, could anyone recommend a band along the lines of them and hermitage green.

Regards
    Dunny

• Registered Users Posts: 4 ejmartin85

Hey Guys, as with other posters, we are looking for recommendations for a band and dj for our wedding in Castle Durrow on 16th August 2015.
    Also happy to hear from bands directly via PM. Quite budget conscious and looking for something along the lines of a rat-pack/swing style band although open to other suggestions.
    Thanks a mill
    Emily

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 johnny1916

hi I'm looking for a good wedding band for june of next year. I am budget conscious so if you knew prices that would help.

johnny1916 wrote: »
    hi I'm looking for a good wedding band for june of next year. I am budget conscious so if you knew prices that would help.

if you give a date and the county and rough budget you may get more replies. Please dont go on price alone, go and view. Even if youre on a budget, you really do get what you pay for here.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 dazag

Anyone recommend a Wexford based band? December 2014?

Just to clarify a lot of vendors and providers trawl here and there seems to am accepted system of "if you're in a band please pm me". But there's a good possability they're either booked or won't travel to where you are.

To save both sides time give as much info as possible.
    Definitely a specific date. You don't have to give venue, county will do. Any preferences i "we want some country Music" or "we've only got 500 of a budget"

hi clint , thanks

Budget is about 2000 and its june 26th 2015 in cork city.

Budget €1500, whites hotel wexford. Modern band to play mixture of songs for all ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Andiewoo

Men in black are unreal best band around. You will find them on Facebook. Men in black Ireland's most entertaining band.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Threads merged.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭turniphead

Has anybody seen Craddog play at a wedding?

They're different to a regular wedding band in that they're traditional Irish musicians who integrate some modern songs

Would they keep the dancefloor full?

hi just wondering has anyone ever had the jabronis as there wedding band? have you any feedback? I have provisionally booked them for june of next year but I cant find any reviews. I am seeing them next week

• Advertisement

Wexford band reviews please

Divine intervention
    Something blue
    Point blank

Skyboyz (athlone)

Any feedback?

Dee

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Hi Looking for a band in Mayo 16th May 2015. PM me some info if anyone available cheers

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

Howdy ,

Looking for a band to play a wedding in Cork - December 27th.
    we're of the 90s , so looking for more of a modern/rock band ?
    More Nirvana - less Red Hurley.

PM if anyone has ideas ?

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭clouter

Looking for a band for 30th May 2015 in Wexford. Budget around €1500-€2000 preferrably with DJ. PM me please.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Mobile Dj

turniphead wrote: »
    Has anybody seen Craddog play at a wedding?

They're different to a regular wedding band in that they're traditional Irish musicians who integrate some modern songs

Would they keep the dancefloor full?

Played a Dj set after them on a number of occasions, Good band.

post former from client on boards, (Will not allow me to post a link, Just search "craddog" on boards)

HTSHs

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭leinster93

Has anybody seen the wedding band called Dream Day? Cannot find any reviews on them but their rpomotional video seems good.

Anyone got any feedback?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,117 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Can I make a suggestion to those of you booking bands - apologies if this is the wrong place or if it has been already said.

Get them to specify a duration rather than an exact time i.e play for 3 hours rather than from 9pm - 12pm. If you are delayed in any way and they start after 9 you only get them until 12 unless a time period has been specified. Just an observation on a couple of recent weddings - might just have been those bands though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,793 ✭✭✭sweetie

Dovies wrote: »
    Can I make a suggestion to those of you booking bands - apologies if this is the wrong place or if it has been already said.

Get them to specify a duration rather than an exact time i.e play for 3 hours rather than from 9pm - 12pm. If you are delayed in any way and they start after 9 you only get them until 12 unless a time period has been specified. Just an observation on a couple of recent weddings - might just have been those bands though.

Most of the time, in these cases, bands will have to make way for a dj. I've been in situations where I've been at a venue before 9pm to play after a band and not started until after 1 am and finished at 2am. Not great for me or the client so compromises have to be made. Venue should be used to running functions to a timetable but many are notorious for delays.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,117 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

sweetie wrote: »
    Most of the time, in these cases, bands will have to make way for a dj. I've been in situations where I've been at a venue before 9pm to play after a band and not started until after 1 am and finished at 2am. Not great for me or the client so compromises have to be made. Venue should be used to running functions to a timetable but many are notorious for delays.

In these cases the band then turned into the dj!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭AoifeCork

Dovies wrote: »

Most weddings don't run on time-no matter how much the bridal party, the band, the hotel or whoever want them to. Most bands will do 2 hours with a 20-30 minute break in between for teas and coffees... If the band were travelling a long way maybe they had to finish for 12.. some do have that policy I think. All weddings are different.

Oh and if you can get a band to play for 3 straight hours... fair play to ya! ;)

Advertisement